Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > I, Robot (2004)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

I, Robot (2004)

One man saw it coming.

Old Jan 30, 2006, 03:23 PM   #1
soviet-terran
Pilot
43 flights since Dec 2004
Science fiction no longer

Just like to comment that even though the movies theme is huge since, almost as long technology, my new popular science has shown the governments plan for a completely robotic force, 2/3 of the personell now working and eventually weapons included. This awsome work of scifi magic, in which Will Smith was awsome, has a lesson to be learned sooner rather than later. And it will come into play soon, within 10-20 years, mabye less.
soviet-terran is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:35 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Science fiction no longer

I bet it won't. Surely it'd cost far more to desing, build and maintain the robots than it would to just pay personnel? Until robots are cost-effective, I think humans are safe, certainly in the next 10-20 years. Besides, we've got wars to pay for!
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:56 PM   #3
soviet-terran
Pilot

so you are saying human lives are worth less than some tech, which isn't that expensive hm. the military have been experementing with those for years, eliminating grunt work, making stronger soldiers. they can go and see where we can't. working as a group they could save survivors, like smart bombs, and new rockets to save lives. the military has been using and experementing for years, says the government, the army, me, all my freinds, the scifi channle, the army channle, the hystory channle, law enforcement, the technology channle, and many more. and there metal structures make the kick nothing and hmg's highly more accureate. not trying to be mean or anything but how much are you worth $2,000? $50,000 $10?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:01 PM   #4
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Human lives are worth less than technology for military personell that don't actually go into wars themselves. Robots would cost millions to build, design and maintain, not to mention they aren't as reliable as people can be on the feild.
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 03:01 PM   #5
soviet-terran
Pilot

The main use of technology in warfare has been protecting people, and making war smoother. The military has already started to deploy and use robots where men can't go. They have announced publicly their research and success in making robots to fight instead of us. They are efficient in all meanings of the terms, not to us but as your assessment of them. They have plans for a group of un-manned tank division they are not that expensive to make. We wouldn't be dropping multi-billion dollar quantum computers on their heads from 50,000 feet. While the choice to pull the trigger won't be theirs for a while, we have a system that allows a computer to navigate completely on its own and decide whether to turn, it works with no preprogramming in areas it has never been, near sink holes. While only along side of our troops soon robots will hit the battle field, one day they may take over. Look into it. Read popular science, watch discovery, learning, and the military channel. Sci-fi has some specials that are 100% non-fiction. The information is there. Plus, do you know how much it cost to feed, train, transport, arm, treat, heal, insure, lose, and manage troops. Hummers, carriers, some copters all cost allot, almost as much the robot we are talking billions. You could put the robots in a simple missile. Nothing else required solar power and built in wheels. How far will we go? I'm all for saving our menís lives, and tech can do that. But trust AI. Maybe, maybe not. All I am saying is the tech is there not how I feel other than it could be hazardous, and to be cautious .

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > I, Robot (2004)