Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Rocketship X-M (1950)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Rocketship X-M (1950)

The screen's FIRST story of man's conquest of space! | guide

Old May 25, 2002, 01:05 AM   #1
Zednik
Apprentice
3 flights since May 2002
Thumbs down Rocket Ship XM

Close to the worst Sci-Fi movie made
Zednik is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2002, 01:16 PM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Rocket Ship XM

You know, I never heard of this movie. What happens?
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 09:07 PM   #3
Simm442000
Wing Commander
483 flights since Aug 2003
Re: Rocket Ship XM

I couldn't watch a minute of this junk. Can you say crap any bader.
Simm442000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2003, 10:31 PM   #4
volkite
Apprentice
3 flights since Dec 2003
One of the best

As opposed to other opinions in this forum, this is one of the best science fiction movies ever made; especially considering that it was made way before manned spaceflight became a reality. The engineering and technical props are great. Some of the physics don't add up, but the story as a whole is good. A group of astronaughts take off for the moon but a anomaly with the propulsion system sends them to a landing on Mars instead. There they find the remains of an Earth-like civilization that destroyed itself with atomic weapons -- very timely for the 50's (or the Reagan era).

Check out how the 50's men treat the woman crew member. She has a way to go for equality. And I htink her calculations were correct all along!

A great movie.
volkite is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Rocketship X-M (1950)