Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Mothman Prophecies, The (2002)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Mothman Prophecies, The (2002)

What do you see?

Old Jan 25, 2002, 08:57 AM   #1
demama1940@aol.com
n/a flights since
Angry Re: Point Pleasant

THE MOVIE DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH POINT PLEASANT, I WAS BORN THERE . DOROTHY BURGESS
Old May 7, 2002, 11:16 PM   #2
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Point Pleasant

i have been to point pleasent before, and i don't seem to remember any odd events taking place... I thought i saw some red eyes in the bushes once(wee-tiny-child), that was not long before my grandfather had a stroke(that happended in georgia), but does this mean i am being stalked by a wierdo in a bat suit...?

yes... yes, it most likely does--

(this film ISN'T sci-fi!!!!)
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2002, 07:47 PM   #3
fiendguy76
Starfighter
64 flights since Sep 2002
Angry *****s!

It has everything to do with Point Pleasent. It took place there. Just because you dont remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And if it didn't happen while you were there doesn't mean it didn't happen either.
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."
Mr. Garrison-South Park
fiendguy76 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 12:50 PM   #4
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

This is kind of like the Storm of the Century SK film set on that island off the coast of Maine, and the incidents that "supposedly" happened in Roanoke (did stuff really happen there?).

BTW: this movie was really interesting. As a slow film, it really captivated me in an eerie not-sure-whether-I-am-really-freaked-out way. Of course. . . it was like 3am, and it was dark, and i was alone, and there were noises in the house, and tree branches were scraping the windows. .
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:09 PM   #5
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

So Point Pleasant has quite a rep - is that where ideas for that (awful) TV show came from too?

I remember either watching dvd extras/tv show about the movie and relation to 'real' events, but don't recall if there were any further ones that spawned ideas for the tv show (utterly seperate from the movie).
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 03:37 PM   #6
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

I liked this movie. It was decent, and kept just enough going to keep your attention on it. However, it wasn't science fiction at all. I don't believe there was one scientific element in the damned thing.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Mothman Prophecies, The (2002)