Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Jan 23, 2007, 05:22 AM   #1
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Brit poll: Spice World worst movie ever

1 Spice World: The Movie
2 Titanic
3 Grease 2
4 Waterworld
5 Hostel
6 Anaconda
7 Batman & Robin
8 Gigli
9 Catwoman
10 Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot

Quote:
Spice Girls lead list of movie clunkers

United Press International

LONDON, Jan. 20 (UPI) -- An online British poll says "Spice World: The Movie," which starred the Spice Girls pop group, was voted the "worst movie in cinema history."

The Scotsman reported Saturday that following the now-defunct singing group in the No. 2 spot was "Titanic," which may have garnered 11 Oscars, but still left viewers with a sinking feeling, the poll found.

In third place was "Grease 2," the stinker based on the original classic that starred a younger John Travolta and Olivia Newton John.

Twelve thousand folks responded to the poll on behalf of MSN movies. Apparently, they didn't care if the movie was a box-office hit or not when they cast their ballots, the report said.

While "Fellowship of the Ring" took in $1 billion in receipts and even managed to receive a couple of Oscar nods, nonetheless, it was voted the 18th-worst movie of all time. (wow)

Tom Cruise wasn't left out of the final tally, either. Stanley Kubrick's film, "Eyes Wide Shut," which stared Cruise and his wife at the time, Nicole Kidman, came in at No. 20 on the list. (idiots)
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Re: Brit poll: Spice World worst movie ever

No. 2 is Titanic Yes this is old, I don't care, it made me happy. Don't think Waterworld is a bad movie though - it just got lambasted by the media due to it's going over budget prior to it's release. Ah, public poll, that explains it then.

Was Hostel really that bad? Never could sit through it myself, but then it's not my thing.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Pretty nifty poll.

As for "Hostel", yeah, it is that bad. I've had more fun watching the aftermath of a car crash.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:47 PM   #4
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

I like Spiceworld. Note like and not liked. I admit it. You will too one day.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]