Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Aug 13, 2004, 10:03 AM   #16
Sleeper
Wing Commander
318 flights since Mar 2003
Re: Army of Darkness

So has anyone picked up the first issue of the comic from Devil's Due? Thoughts on that? Looked pretty good to me, and I've only see AOD in segments.
Sleeper is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 05:10 AM   #17
Gugliemo
Wing Commander
246 flights since Mar 2002

Yay, I finally saw Army of Darkness!

Wasn't very impressed. I could see how it would look great on paper, and I guess i could understand how other people would like it so much, but i was just bored, especially during the 20 minute fight-sequences. If you're gonna have such a long sequence when you already know how it's gonna end, it needs to have something more than your typical hollywood sword-swings and explosions or you just end up going through the motions.

Anyway, glad i saw it. I'm sure i read about a different ending (maybe it was a dvd extra), i really wish Raimi had actually concluded the trilogy rather than repeating the ED2 ending again.
Gugliemo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:43 PM   #18
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

Look, you werent supposed to think that this movie was just a genious, masterpiece of a film. (Even though I think that it is.)

It's really just meant to entertain. And entertain it does. Just ask the masses here on the site. I mean, I see your point, the last battle scene was nothin special, but if you pay close attention, you'll see why it was meant to be so funny.
Please dont knock this movie, I'm sure if you try it again, you'll end up liking it.
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 07:31 PM   #19
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!

Genius.

The films good, but I can see why some people dislike it or get bored with it.

I just kept hearing Duke Nuke'm
"Hail to the King, baby!"
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 05:01 PM   #20
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

There is talk of a remake being made of Evil Dead... which is cool I guess, but if they are going to drop the money to make a new film, why aren't they making an Evil Dead 4/Army of Darkness2? They know that that is what the fans want, and have been begging for for years. Remaking the first one doesn't make sense to me.
King is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]