Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Sensuality or Sexuality?
Sensuality 7 77.78%
Sexuality 0 0%
Neither, I'm a eunoch. Or the female equivalent (is there a female equivalent?). 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 25, 2003, 02:28 AM   #1
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Sensuality versus Sexuality?

The latest in the 'sexually-oriented' threads, this thread is about whether you prefer sensuality or sexuality.

I personally think of sensuality a softer thing, like the occasional brush of a hand, or a more innocent sexiness acheived with clothes (shock! horror!). It's in mannerisms, body language and, again, style of dress (shock! horror! AGAIN!).

Sexuality for me has always been linked to nakedness and sex itself. I wouldn't know much about sex, being still a virgin (but not quiet about it), but I've never really found nakedness that attractive. Everyone (well, almost everyone, of course) always goes "Ooooh, tits, drool drool drool!" and I always think "Aren't you cold like that? You'd be a lot sexier if you kept that top on, you know."

I read something interesting in a book by a Polishman in England once . It went something like : I find that a woman's knee covered by tights/hose/whatever is a lot more attractive than an exposed mammary. I'm inclined to agree with him, really.

But it could be just me, and I'm weird. So, I'm opening this personal subject open to debate : do you prefer sensuality or sexuality? Clothed, sensual attraction with an air of mystery, or raw sex-drive-fuelling nakedness?

PS : Reading this over again I may not have phrased this properly, but I'm sure you get the gist of it. If you don't you'll probably just turn it into a thread about pizza anyway
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 02:54 AM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Sensuality versus Sexuality?

Both.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:12 AM   #3
Xorgan
Starfighter
108 flights since Nov 2002
Talking Re: Sensuality versus Sexuality?

Neither nor (not anymore).
Looks like I'm married too long already...

Xorgan
Xorgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 09:00 AM   #4
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

Hmmmmmm. I like sensuality most at the moment. It offers more I think. As a female I guess this is going to be the 'normal' response, but sensuality makes YOU feel wanted, rather than just being a naked body.
With nakedness, you need self confidence and all that, so it becomes uncomfortable if you lack those 'self' things. But hey, I don't mind ogling at a fit male body in its full glory, but not the dangly bits- quiet honestly they don't visually turn me on!
(I personally think that the female body is more pleaseant to look at than mens'. Something about the softness and 'neatness' of it all!)
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:05 AM   #5
Absatively
Pilot
21 flights since Oct 2003

Speaking up on the male side of things,... I feel that sensuality offers a feeling of acceptance and wanting, while sexuality offers the joining of two people. My preference? Sensuality everytime. It is possible for two people to have sex and not give a **** about each other. Sensuality, well it is kinda hard to fake that between two people for any length of time.
Absatively is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 11:32 AM   #6
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

I've had urges for both but I like sensuality more than sexuality.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 02:16 PM   #7
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003

I'm not sure what you mean by sexuality. Sensuality deals with the 5 senses. This can take place during the sex act. Soft music, candle light, incense, satin sheets, body oils, honey, flavored douches, feathers. All while you're naked! It sounds more like you're talking about sensuality up to but not including sex verus the sex act itself. Both can be very sensuous and equally enjoyable!
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:12 PM   #8
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003

Casual sex is not as fullfilling as sex with someone you truely love! As a male, I enjoyed casual sex. But now that I have found someone I love with all my heart, sex seems so much more enjoyable! Rushing into sex or casual sex might be why you prefer what you call sensuality over your sexuality. Jeez, this makes me sound like some old fart! But it's true, what can I say.
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:45 PM   #9
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

mental stimulation cannot be overemphasized

being all "out there", half naked, pouting gorgeousness can sometimes be a little... boring

after all you need something left to the imagination.

this one guy i dated briefly. he was GORGEOUS. totally and utterley. a true member of the "beautiful people". however, he did nothing for me intellectually. so naturally it didn't last long. (about as long as my attention span divided by his vocabulary)

this other guy. well he was definitely no oil painting. very average. but we clicked straight away. we could talk for ages and understood one another. then from that it progressed to flirtation, of the verbal kind. and i was smitten.

i'm no oil painting myself, just normal i suppose. (i scrub up well if the occasion demands it). i don't want to be liked for my looks. i'd much rather be liked for my personality and who i am. maybe that's a naive approach in this day and age but i'm sticking with it.

so in answer to the poll, sensuality.

there is nothing sexier than when your together in a public place or at a function and you happen to catch each other's eyes and know exactly what each other is thinking, when you make a comment or tell a joke that no one else understands except you both, and knowing what makes each other happy.....
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 08:55 PM   #10
Absatively
Pilot
21 flights since Oct 2003

Just to clarify what I was saying earlier, I thought it was a matter of an either or type poll, but there have been a couple good points made. If I have to pick between sex without sensuality and sex with,... well duh, with of course.
Becks brought up looks vs. personality, another good point. Currently, I am unattached, (going through a divorce after 11yrs.) but since my separation, I have noticed a change in my tastes. I prefer women who can hold their own in a conversation, ones who can challenge the way I think, hell, maybe even open up my mind to new concepts. I married right out of high school, married the sweetheart, and she was cute as hell, but, unfortunately, she was not an intellectual match, and things did not work out.
So, I just wanted to make sure I backed up these fine people, and clarified myself in the process.
Absatively is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 09:08 PM   #11
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

true.

as i work in a part of an office with three other women this topic comes up many, many times.

it's such a complex and varied subject, so dependent on personal views and preferences and i could go on for hours about it.

(due to, as mentioned in other threads, a passionate love for the opposite sex)

i'm gonna stop now before i get boring and start repeating myself.
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:52 PM   #12
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Right now in my life, I'd like to find out how meaningless random hot sex is.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:53 AM   #13
Flowrchild
Starfighter
131 flights since Apr 2003

I think both are important. Sometimes it's nice to cuddle someone and other times it's nice to ravage someone. I would say they are both equally important in the scheme of things.
Flowrchild is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 04:42 AM   #14
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Let's see... Sensuality. How much I would like that. To feel somebody's arms around me. To feel somebody kissing me gently. Everywhere. Mmmmm... But the problem is (a huge secret) I tickle too easily. I mean, how could anyone cuddle me and so on, if I'm screaming and kicking and hitting him (or her)? "Sorry, I didn't do it purposely." "Ouch!" "Sorry again..." "Ouch!" ... Sexuality is secondary.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2003, 06:16 PM   #15
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

Just one: Big time sensuality. Can't vote.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]