Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Which Presidential Candidate do you support?
John Edwards 2 5.71%
John Kerry 11 31.43%
Howard Dean 2 5.71%
Dennis Kucinich 2 5.71%
Al Sharpton 2 5.71%
George Bush 13 37.14%
My Candidate Dropped Out (Gephardt, Lieberman, Mosley Braun, or Graham) 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 24, 2004, 09:04 AM   #31
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: What Presidential Candidate do you support?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieraganion
Ralph Nadar is running again. We're doomed....

The reason Bush won in the first place was because of Ralph Nadar. Had he not ran, the votes he had, would have been with Al Gore, thus Bush would have never been President. Ralph is doing it again, deviding up the democratic votes that are needed to beat bush.
Oh bull****. That is like saying that if Gore hadn't run, Nader would have been president. Most of the folks who voted for Nader would not have voted for Gore. Without a real candidate like Ralph, they probebly would not have turned out to vote at all. What you are forgetting is that Bush stole that election. He would have done it, Nader or no Nader. Stop dumping on a man who unlike these ****ing bozos has been fighting for real change all of his life.

I am not only glad that nader is running, but I encourage you all to vote for him.

As another great presidential candidate once said:

I'd rather vote for something I want and not get it than vote for something I don't want, and get it.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 02:55 PM   #32
rebourne
n/a flights since

nader ran in 2000 with the attempt of gaining 5% of the popular vote...giving the green party more recognition and a stronger foundation for further development. nader knew he wasn't going to win, although he didn't get 5%, is would be accurate to say that he did have some impact the final outcome.

"Most of the folks who voted for Nader would not have voted for Gore. Without a real candidate like Ralph, they probebly would not have turned out to vote at all."

i agree with your opinion SF, however i understand where kieraganion is coming from...ARGUABLY...had nader not ran, many swing/independent voters would've gone towards gore (a member of the green party would rather have a democrat in office than a republican...that's a fact), so possibly gore wouldve gained the edge over bush in a couple more states which wouldve tilt the edge in the electoral college...gore wins

i also agree with your calling nader a real candidate...but does that mean there can't be a real candidate from the coke and pepsi...err i mean rnc and dnc? i wonder what noam would have to say?
Old Feb 24, 2004, 03:10 PM   #33
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Post Re: What Presidential Candidate do you support?

People who vote for Bush are either very stupid or [/]very[/i] wealthy and they enjoy those tax cuts.

Last edited by Dajistano : Feb 26, 2004 at 03:55 PM.
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 03:46 PM   #34
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I remember urging all my Arab American friends to vote Nader when they moved back there in 2000. If I were an American, I'd have voted for Nader too, I think.

Course ... I'm not ... :P
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 08:34 AM   #35
Lycan
n/a flights since

I was going to vote for Dean but alas, he dropped out. I'm going with Kerry now.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:56 PM   #36
Dajistano

Three letters should rule this election.

ABB
Old Feb 27, 2004, 02:20 PM   #37
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

IRV
Old Feb 27, 2004, 04:07 PM   #38
Dajistano

Bush is one of those people whom I have absolutely no respect for as a human being.
If he were to lose or get kicked out of office prematurely, I wouldn't care.
Although I wouldn't support this, if something were to happen to Bush in office, I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be sad. I'd be glad; not that he would be dead, sick, etc. but that he's out of office.

I'm not even going to say anything on Cheney. I don't consider him and Bush people. More like cancer that's slowly eating away from the people and the world. Cheney's heart will probably take him out of office sometime.

I saw a commercial today that said millions of young people voted in the 2000 election; more than ever in past years. This is probably why Bush is president.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 06:04 AM   #39
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

"I believe he's done too little. Where's he's acted, his doctrine of unilateral pre-emption has driven away our allies and cost us the support and critical cooperation of other nations. Iraq is in disarray with American troops still bogged down with no exit in sight."

"The man is a walking contradiction. This is the biggest say one thing, do another thing administration in the history of our country."

Kerry got it spot-on.

Hey, U-Yautja, I assume you know of Bush's staggering decision about landmines?..

Last edited by Iwata : Feb 28, 2004 at 06:14 AM.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2004, 03:36 PM   #40
Dajistano

I've heard something about it before, but never really went into it further.
What is it exactly?

The only topics I've payed enough attention to lately are his decisions on the enviroment, health care and social security.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 03:54 PM   #41
Iwata
Autarch

From an earlier post of mine, so I won't repeat writting all that...

Quote:
You want something REALLY polemic?

Then how about Bush's decision to pull out of Anti-Personnel Mines accords?

That's right. Clinton signed a treaty with 150 other nations to put a stop to the use of AP Mines untill 2006.

But our friend Bush has pulled out. Why? Because the Pentagon has over 150 MILLION land mines in it's stores. And because he doesn't care if almost 200.000 people die every year of land mines explosions, 85% of them civilians.

But here's the peach: Bush said that the reason he's pulling out is because the U.S. Army is developing a new kind of mine which it fully intends to use, and the accord would not allow them to use them.

Yeah, I guess that's why these things are signed in the first place... so stupid people won't get funny ideas.

The new mine, Bush says, will be fully detectable by U.S. equipment, impliciting it WON'T be detectable by any other nation. Great... like we need a few thousand mines more spread around the world.

It will also, get this, be "Limited Use", deactivating itself after a time.

Now I definitelly feel safer.

This is just a thought, but isn't "Never Used" better than "Limited Use"?

This guy has a problem: He wants to get rid of his 150 Mil. mines. So he makes up some bull**** about a "new, improved, smart" mine, so he can pull out of Clinton's treaty, and be given a free reign to sell, sell, sell.

So, in his short time in office, Bush has been so kind as to pull out of: "Nucular" weapons treaties, Pollution Containment Accords, Chemical Weapons treaties, and now, Landmines Ban.

He made the world a whole lot safer, uh? The past, present and future kids in Africa about to have their legs blown off by U.S. mines thank Bush for this wonderfull gesture in their behalf.

Bush is definitelly now, in my opinion, the worst leader the U.S. have ever had, and certainly a plague from the XXth Century. I don't understand how americans haven't risen up and housted him from the White House. The guy is actually making all the radical Anti-American bull**** make sense.

EDIT: What a coincidence. I was just reading how the search for President Trajkovski's body was hampered because the plane crashed in an area where landmines still abound.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 04:47 PM   #42
Dajistano

I take back my earlier statement;
I'd love for him to visit a country like stated above.

Then plant both his feet right on an undetected land mine.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 05:21 PM   #43
Iwata
Autarch

Just when you think it can't get any worse...

While Haiti is destroying itself right next door, the U.N. has asked neighbours to open their borders to refugees, to avoid a humanotarian crisis. They all agreed, and a few nations, like Canada, even sent planes to help evacuation.

Guess who was the only one to refuse to allow any refugees into its borders?..

Guess who reinforced its shore patrols to intercept and turn back refugees?..

Guess who won't be sending any aid into the region, but will send 3 warships to protect its interests?..
Old Feb 29, 2004, 03:11 AM   #44
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

We've been pretty consistant in following the slavemaster Jefferson's policy concerning the second Republic in the Western hemesphere for over 200 years now.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:00 AM   #45
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

I'll meet you with agreence about half way Iwata. The US is in bad times becuase of the increased amount of Aliens pouring in, primaraly from Mexico. My mother was a manager for a long time of an apartment community, we decided to some statistics. About 6 out of 10 people that came in to apply forn apartment either had a fake social security number or had no identification. And instead of attempting to become an active citizen most of these people hop onto our welfare system and suck all the money from the minority funds too. More and more money is going out to these people with out any return flow. Don't get me wrong, the are quite a few that actually try to make a live for them selves, but the majority are living off of the goverment. So I do think it's a good idea to keep our borders tight, and seriously need improvement down south, but I do think we should have helped out by providing supplies or transportation to other accepting nations. Instead of doing completely nothing.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]