Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Sep 14, 2004, 04:43 AM   #31
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Series)

News...

Fox are delaying the next season of Tru Calling. That's a baaaaaad sign. It was scheduled to be back in early November, now it's just "Later in the season" The reason given is to give North Shore the 9pm slot, thus giving it a lead in from the OC, but it's says worrying things about the shows future that it's network considers it expendable. Tru Calling just about got enough ratings to get it's second season, and believe me it wasn't the strength of the plotlines that got it by. However, it was showing some real promise at the end of this season, and the whole cast (shockingly, I mean inclusive of Jason Priestley) were acting their asses off, sometimes in the face of overwhelmingly bad writing. Several ex Buffy writers (Notably Buffy/Gilmore Girls' Jane Espenson and Doug Petrie, the man who's credited with creating Faith as we saw her) are on board for the next season. It's a shame for everybody if it's to get starved and axed just when it was getting watchable.

But...................

The Faith junkie in me is yelling "KILL IT! KILL THE DAMN SHOW! KILL IT!" in the irrational hope that maybe, just maybe, there'll be an utter glory-from-heaven miracle, and birds will start flying backwards, and the moon will start singing Elvis songs, and we might see some form of FTVS. I'm telling you now - If there is a Faith spin off announced in the next year, I'll be in a church faster than you can say "Lapsed Athiest" It's unlikely, but hey, that's what a miracle is, right?

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...605|1|,00.html|

Last edited by jill_valentine : Sep 14, 2004 at 10:10 AM.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:48 PM   #32
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

What the ****? There's more...

"Fox is cutting back on "Tru Calling" before the show's second season even begins.

Net Monday announced that the skein won't premiere as planned on Thursday, Nov. 4. Instead, the timeslot will be filled by Hawaii sudser "North Shore."

What Fox didn't announce, however, is that the net seems ready to scale back the production order on the Eliza Dushku (news) starrer from 13 segs to just six episodes. Decision could be a death blow to the 20th Century Fox TV/Original show, insiders conceded.

Fox execs made much of the decision to bring back "Tru" for a second season, hailing the call as evidence of the net's willingness to be patient and give shows with potential time to find an audience. It's the same rationale the net used to pick up season two of the critically-hailed "Arrested Development."

What's more, Fox execs are said to have liked the direction "Tru" writers have taken in early season two episodes.

So why the change of heart? Insiders said simple economics may have played a role.

With "American Idol" set to invade Fox's sked again come January, and reality skeins such as "Renovate My Family" and "Trading Spouses" off to a strong start, net may not want to spend the coin on a full order of "Tru," insiders claim. That's particularly true now that Fox has ordered "Point Pleasant" (also from 20th/Original) for a possible early 2005 bow.

But there's also evidence senior News Corp. management believes that "Tru" may simply be too narrow in its appeal, and that the skein will never be able to break out. While scaling back to six episodes is not the same as canceling a show, it's rarely a good sign.

One caveat: Some industry insiders believe there's still a shot "Tru" could produce its full 13-episode order, if only because under some scenarios, making the shows might be cheaper than not doing so. There's also a chance Fox might try the show on Friday night, some insiders said. "

Balls. We all know this show is as good as dead. Well done Fox, for killing another show in the name of Reality TV, and pissing everybody off. If they'd just killed the show last year and not made such a ****ing fuss about how audience friendly they were, we'd all be much better off.

I ****ing hate Fox. I sorta wanted the show dead, but this was a brutal way to do it.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...__in_the_bud_1
Old Sep 15, 2004, 06:23 AM   #33
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Yes, I'm triple posting. So sue me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/cult...15/14254.shtml

"The whole lot on DVD in one box coming soon.

Out on 22nd November, courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, is Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Complete DVD Collector's Edition.

Joyously packaged in a leatherette box, the set includes the seven seasons spread over 39 discs at the bargain price of 199.99.

As well as all the episodes, the DVD set includes various extra including commentaries, featurettes, outtakes, Easter Eggs, trailers and cast biographies.

Plus, there's a special booklet included and a letter from Joss Whedon himself although we doubt he's written each one.

Be warned, with only 10,000 produced, it may just fly off the shelves."

The Smashing Pumpkin's Aeroplane Flies High springs to mind...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 04:15 PM   #34
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
Be warned, with only 10,000 produced, it may just fly off the shelves."

Sarcasm?
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 05:33 PM   #35
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Hey, I'm just quoting. But to put it in perspective, 10,000 Dvd sets ... I'm a member of a Buffy forum with nearly 6,000 registered posters, at least 4,000 of which are considered active.

I've pulled some strings, and might just get mine early...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 05:36 PM   #36
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Hey, pull yarn.

The thicker the yarn the better. Harder to cut loose ya know.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:10 PM   #37
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Family ties. My sister was assistant manager in a music/ dvd shop. My CD burner has earned it's keep.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:29 PM   #38
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Oooooh!

Old Sep 16, 2004, 06:46 PM   #39
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/display...;-1&sku=227066

Ta Da!

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

That way I can own the last two seasons and not feel sick with myself. Stupid last two seasons...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 07:42 PM   #40
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

You missed the last two seasons?

Those were the best seasons ever!

*hint of sarcasm*
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:04 PM   #41
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

No, I didn't miss them. Like the band on the Titanic, I hung on grimly....

I hung on through the distressingly graphic Spuffy sex.

I hung on through the retarded magic = crack plotline.

I hung on through the even more distressing Spuffy sex.

I hung on when the characters all had complete personality removals.

I hung on through the fanfiction phase. ("Now with even more Spuffy!")

I hung on through the "MEN ARE EEEEEVILLLLLLLL!" Season 7.

I hung on through the Lord of the Rings phase.

It's just that I couldn't bring myself to buy them for themselves... which is a shame, because there's some glorious moments hidden in there. I did actually miss the start of S7, then somebody said "You know they're bringing back Faith?" otherwise I would have just given up.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:24 PM   #42
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Hey! Spuffy rules...

Anyways, I bet you loved the last episode...

You know, fire and all?

The sad thing is... Spaith.

Yes, you heard me right.

And, as for the personality reversals, Willow was still a lesbian. Until she becomes straight again and goes back to wolfie man season 7 will not be complete.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 08:40 PM   #43
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I got to see all the Faithisodes... was disappointed they didn't use her to create more dramatic conflict between the Scoobies themselves, and was pissed off that they turned Buffy into such a tremendous *****.

The last episode, yeah, I liked it, but the continuity was all over the place and the blatant LOTR rip offs got to me. And afterwards I felt like a friend of mine had just moved out of the country forever. I still just can't believe that there'll never be a new episode. I'm stuck in the past..

Spaith, while it wouldn't have been much fun (I am so sick of Spike as a romantic hero) it would have made sense, in a wierd way, and there was an unexpected chemistry. Mind you, since Faith flirts with literally everyone (Giles, Xander, Scott Hope, Buffy, Angel, Riley, Lilah, Lindsey...) it shouldn't have surprised me...

From what I hear, Willow was always intended to be bisexual rather than just your garden variety lesbian, but the writers were afraid it would be implying that Tara was a mistake if Willow ... erm... got back on the horse. I can understand their thinking, but it would have been even more impressive for a show to have a bisexual central character. (Though Willow was still an achievement. Five years or so since she came out, and she's still the only notable gay character in a mainstrean ensemble show) If she had gotten a boyfriend, no Kennedy.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 06:05 PM   #44
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Well, I have another question.

One episode of Angel, angel helps faith get out of her selfdestructive blah blah balh.

What if something ahd happened?

What if...

Angel and Faith!

That could have been a great twist...

Teh female version of Spike in a way.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 02:33 PM   #45
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

I would actually like to get into Buffy series. The problem is that there is always someone else watching TV when I wanna watch it. It pisses me off to no end. I never have a chance to watch it and whenever my friends used to have conversations about it I would end up feeling like I was missing out...and left out...
Drone is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]