Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:37 AM   #46
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Chapter XVII: "Friends"

Optimus spent the next half hour checking to make sure that the base repairs were underway. Only one person was still unaccounted for, and that was Spike. As he walked down the hallway, he heard footsteps behind him. He turned to see Blades.

"Optimus, we've found Spike," he replied.

"Where?" Optimus asked.

"He was two floors below the command center. Megatron must have blasted the floor right under him."

"Is he alright?" Prime asked, attempting to hide his worry.

"Medics say he'll make it, his injuries aren't severe. But Springer is airlifting him to the hospital, just in case."

"Blades, tell Ultra Magnus that he's in command until I return," Optimus ordered as he strode past him, and headed out to the hospital.

"What do you mean our communications are being jammed?" queried Rodimus of Air Raid.

"Just what I said, I got a message from Kup saying that they were heading back immediately, but before he could tell me why, the transmission was jammed," said Air Raid.

"Sorry, Air Raid, I didn't mean to snap at you."

"Don't worry about it," he replied.

"Try to contact Optimus on Earth," Rodimus asked.

"Will do," answered Air Raid, and he started adjusting controls. "That's odd."

"What is?" Rodimus asked.

"My signal is getting no response," he reported. "I should at least be getting an acknowledgement from the global satellite communications network, but I'm not getting anything."

Rodimus knew something was wrong, but he also knew that whatever was going on, he had to keep Cybertron defended. Optimus would have to deal with whatever was wrong on Earth. "Red alert," he said into the computer. "All personnel to battle ready status. Prepare for a Decepticon attack."

As Optimus drove to the hospital, he could not help but worry. He didn't know if he could live with himself if anything happened to Spike, Carly, or Daniel. He tried to think of what was happening, Megatron was up to something, but what, he could not begin to guess.

When he arrived, he transformed. He found Commander Kearney outside the Emergency room entrance, smoking a cigerette. "Commander, how are they?" Optimus asked.

"Carly is fine, and the doctor said Spike will be alright as well." He looked down to the ground, "Danny, though, isn't doing so good. He's been stabilized, but he's still in critical condition. They had to remove his arms and legs," he said sadly. "Doctor Hollas arrived a little while ago, but he won't be able to work on his artificial limbs until Danny gets a bit stronger."

"Is Spike awake?" asked Optimus.

"Yes. He's in a room on the second floor, fourth window from the end on your left," Kearney answered.

"Thank you," said Optimus, and he headed toward the proper window. He looked in and saw Carly sitting in a chair next to Spike's bed, talking to him. Optimus tapped lightly on the window, and Carly came over and opened it. "Carly, Spike, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," replied Carly, quietly. Prime could tell she had been crying, but had wiped away the tears when he arrived.

"I'll live," answered Spike. "Though I'll probably be sore for a while. You heard...about Daniel?"

"Yes, I did. Carly, Spike, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, Optimus," said Carly. She placed her hand on Optimus', where it was resting on the window sill. "You can't blame yourself."

"You can't control the Decepticons," added Spike.

"No, I can't control them, but it was my actions that put the Earth in danger. It's my fault that this planet suffers." Optimus had never forgiven himself for bringing this war to this planet. His decision to leave Cybertron to search for energon still haunted him, four million years later. "I'm afraid there is no way I can ever make it right." He shook his head, "I've got to get back to the city. Please let me know if there is any change in Daniel's condition."

Spike nodded, and Optimus left them. He walked back to the parking lot, where Commander Kearney was still waiting. "Could I get a lift back to the base, Optimus?" he asked.

"Certainly." Optimus transformed, and Kearney climbed into Prime's cab, and they drove off in silence.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 08:15 AM   #47
Unicron
Sector Marshall
653 flights since Jul 2003
Re: My 'What if Hot Rod Hadn't Gotten in the Way?" Transformers fanfiction

cant wait for more
Unicron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:33 PM   #48
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XVIII: "The Proposal"

When Optimus Prime returned to the city, he found Ultra Magnus waiting, with bad news. Prime let Commander Kearney out of his cab, and then transformed. "Magnus, report," said Optimus.

"I'm afraid that our other bases fared no better than we did, but worse than that, we haven't been able to contact Cybertron."

"Were you able to bypass the global satellite communications network?" asked Optimus.

"Yes, and Blaster managed a signal that should have been able to reach Cybertron, but no response has been received," answered Magnus.

"The Decepticons?" offered Prime.

"I hope not, but it seems the most likely scenario. What should we do?" asked his old friend.

Optimus thought for a moment. Rodimus was in charge on Cybertron, and with it's defenses, they should be well protected. "Nothing," Optimus decided. "Cybertron can take care of itself. For now we must worry about Earth."

A few hours later, Optimus sat in his quarters, and was suddenly distracted from his train of thought by the communicator. "Blaster to Optimus Prime."

"Optimus Prime here, go ahead."

"Internal communications have been restored, and we have an incoming signal," reported Blaster.

"Is it Cybertron?"

"No, it's Megatron."

Optimus sat straight up in his chair. "Patch him though," said Optimus. The viewscreen on his desk computer lit up, and showed Megatron's face.

"Greetings, Optimus Prime," he replied.

"What do you want Megatron?"

"Such terrible manners," answered Megatron. "You really should be nicer to me, your continued existence may depend on it," he smiled.

Irritated, Optimus replied, "I haven't time for games, Megatron."

"Very well then. I wish to talk to you, in person."

Optimus nearly laughed out loud, "And why is it I would would want to meet with you?"

"I have a proposition. A deal that might spare the lives of the people of Earth."

All humor left Optimus, and he sat stone-still. Could Megatron have some plan that was going to threaten the entire planet? Could he take the chance the he might be telling the truth? "When and where, Megatron."

Megatron chuckled, "Two hours from now. As to where, I leave that to you."

"Very well, meet me at the Ark."

"Excellent. And Prime, this is just you and I, no one else."

"Agreed," and Optimus' screen went dark. He spent the better part of the next two hours contemplating what this could all mean. Then he left for the Ark, leaving strict orders that if was not back in three hours to come after him.

When Megatron arrived at the volcano that entombed the Ark, Megatron was already there. "You're late," said Megatron, amused.

"So sue me," replied Optimus. "What do you want?"

"I'll make this simple. The Decepticon army from Charr will be arriving soon on Earth's moon. Thanks to a jamming signal, you haven't been able to contact Cybertron and find that out," Megatron crossed his arms. "I am going to take this planet one way or the other. Your forces on Earth are depleted, and the feeble Earth Defense Force is shattered. And it'll be quite a while before you receive any reinforcements from Cybertron."

Optimus could not believe this was happening. After bungling so many plans, could Megatron finally have succeeded? "Then what do you want, Megatron?"

"I want this planet, and I don't want to have to destroy it to get it. If my army attacks the cities, power plants, and factories they will suffer heavy damages. If we fight this one out, the human casualties will be staggering, not that I mind, granted, but I know you will do anything to prevent that. Therefore, I have a proposal." He paused in his speech, as if he were about to dictate a letter to a scribe. "I will give you seven days to evacuate Earth. Your Omega Contingency system was designed to work in only four days, so you should have plenty of time. In return, I get this planet in one piece."

Optimus' worst fear was coming true. What choice did he have? If he did not agree to Megatron's proposal, the death toll would be immense. "Megatron, how do you know that Cybertron is not already sending reinforcements?" asked Optimus, hoping to find a flaw in his plan.

"Oh, I was hoping you'd ask. Soundwave killed your team observing Charr, and that inexperienced fool Rodimus Prime sent Kup and Blurr to see what happened. They tried to get away, and report back what they'd found. Unfortunately for them, they were followed and captured by an old collegue. The Decepticon warlord Thunderwing rose to take Shockwave's place after his disappearance during Unicron's attack and singlehandedly prevented the Decepticons from scattering to the four winds during your takeover of Cybertron, brought them to Charr." Prime didn't recognize the name, "You don't know him? No matter, he was just one of the governors for one of the subterreanean cities on Cybertron. He deferred command back to Soundwave when he arrived on Charr." He shook his head, "But I digress, both Kup and Blurr each have a bomb attached to their head, which will detonate if anyone attempts to leave Cybertron, or if they're stupid enough to try and disarm the bombs. Cybertron is engulfed in a jamming field, which I will lift when I give you the codes to the bombs. I will give you the codes in seven days when the evacuation is complete."

"Then I have no choice. I will initiate the Omega Contingency," said Optimus, defeated.

"Excellent. We will meet again here in seven days, and I will give you those codes." Megatron took out a small device and pressed a button on it. "Global communications are back online now." With that, Megatron jumped into the air and flew away.

After what seemed like an eternity staring after Megatron, Optimus went inside the Ark. "Teletran-1, institute protocol Omega Contingency."

"Initiating," responded the ancient computer.

Optimus could not believe he was about to do it, but he had no other choice now. Teletran was now breaking his signal through to every TV, monitor, radio, video, and audio device in the world. In a moment, he would effectively address the entire population of Earth.

"Ready," announced Teletran-1.

"Screen on," said Optimus. "Greetings. I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. I want to stress that there is no need to panic. At present, the Decepticon army is approaching the Moon. Cybertron is unable to send reinforcements, Earth Defense Forces are neutralized, and Autobot forces on Earth are in no condition to repel a full-scale Decepticon attack. We have been given seven days to evacuate this planet. The United Nations resolution of 1990, and the Omega Contingency resolution gives me the authority to order this evacuation. I am instituting the order at this time. Please follow the emergency instructions that will follow this announcement. Thank you."

Optimus closed the channel. He placed his hands on the console in front of him and leaned forward, lowering his head. He had just spoken to billions of people around the world, and he had never felt more alone in his entire life.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 01:00 PM   #49
Unicron
Sector Marshall

this seems like an alternate Transformer realality.......sweet
Old Oct 22, 2005, 02:23 PM   #50
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Book V Characters

Grimlock

Powerglide

Bluestreak

Hound

Since Unicron posted Cosmos already, here are the Cassetticons:
Rumble

Ravage

Frenzy

Laserbeak

Buzzsaw

Ratbat

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Aug 20, 2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 02:27 PM   #51
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Book V "Dark Times, Part II"

Chapter XIX "Decepticons Forever"

"I can't believe it," murmured Spike, as he pushed the remote button that shut off the television.

Carly was standing next to Spike's hospital bed, "It must be a mistake."

"I've got to get out of here," said Spike as he moved to get up. He climbed out of the bed slowly, and went to the closet to get his clothes.

"Spike, you aren't going anywhere. You may not have been hurt badly, but you still need some rest."

"Carly..." Spike paused. "The doctors say that Daniel will be alright. You and Daniel have to get off this planet. The Omega Contingency calls for hospitals to have priority clearance, you two will be on Cybertron within twenty-four hours."

"That's not the point," replied Carly, blinking back the tears, "You have to come with us."

Spike walked over to his wife, and put his arms around her and kissed her on the cheek. "Carly, I may only be human, but I am as much an Autobot now as Optimus Prime. I need to be here now."

Carly hugged Spike tightly, "I know Spike. Just promise me you'll get to Cybertron as soon as you can."

"I promise," he replied into her hair.

Optimus Prime drove slowly down the road. He knew there were ten other places he should be, doing ten different things, but right now, there was only one thing he was going to do. The very thought that he had lost Earth to the Decepticons was tearing him apart. Optimus had never forgiven himself for bringing the Decepticons here. And now, the people of Earth would pay the ultimate price. They were losing their home. Optimus tried telling himself that there was no other choice. If they tried to fight, the death toll would be enormous. It was that thought alone in which Optimus could take comfort.

Optimus transformed when he came to his destination, and walked up the small hill where Elita-1's statue was. "I'm sorry I haven't visited in a while, Elita. A lot has been happening lately." Optimus sat down on the ground, and looked up at the statue of Elita. The sun was setting, and it was beautiful.

"Elita...I failed. I swore to protect this planet that I endangered, and I failed. The Omega Contingency has been put into effect, Megatron has Earth." He sat there for a long while. The guilt he felt ate at him.

Optimus took a small device from a compartment in his arm, and attached it to the side of Elita's monument. "Activate," he said. The statue shimmered for a moment, and then vanished. Perceptor had put that little cloaking device together for him. It would mask Elita's statue from every form of sensor sweep. Megatron might have Earth, but at least Elita would be safe here, undisturbed.

Optimus stood up, and went back to the road, and transformed. It was time to put his guilt and personal feelings aside and get back to doing his job. As terrible as the situation looked, he did still have one ace up his sleeve. But was it a wise course of action? Might it only cost more lives? Only time would tell.

In northern Canada, at the current base of Decepticon operations, a celebration was taking place. Megatron, Nightbird, and the Mutanacons were celebrating their victory over the Autobots.

"The Earth is ours!" bellowed Megatron, as he took another drink of energon. They were all a little over energized. "Decepticons forever!" The others cheered him on as he went on to boast about his brilliant plan. Then the door chimed. "Enter." said Megatron.

The door slid apart, and in walked Soundwave and Skyquake. "Soundwave, my loyal friend, it is good to see you," replied Megatron, slightly slurring his words.

"It is good to see you also, mighty Megatron. This is truly your finest hour," replied Soundwave.

"Well, why don't you get down on all fours, and kiss his assplate literally?" snorted Skyquake.

Soundwave moved toward Skyquake, with every intention of tearing out his throat, but Megatron stepped between them, noting a new anger in his old friend. "Soundwave, don't let this poor excuse for a Decepticon bother you. He's just jealous of what's been accomplished without him."

"Megatron, you are not fit to lead the Decepticons," said Skyquake. "Optimus Prime killed you, defeating you. You lost your authority to lead us."

"Watch what you say, Starscream. I was disappointed when I thought you were dead. I thought I had been denied the pleasure of destroying you myself. Perhaps now, I'll get that chance."

"Megatron, you don't have nearly the power you believe you do. Even now, a portion of your army has agreed to follow me. And don't call me Starscream," finished Starscream.

"Who in their right mind would follow you?" demanded Megatron, confident that Skyquake was bluffing.

"The Combaticons, Constructicons, Triple-Changers, and the Cassettes have all agreed to follow me," answered Skyquake.

"Never," said Soundwave. "The Cassetticons would never follow you."

"In case you haven't noticed," began Skyquake, "you're not a tape deck anymore."

Megatron began to move toward Skyquake, but almost to quick to be seen Skyquake had his weapon in hand. "That's close enough, Megatron. I've got to get going, my army and I have much to do." With that, he turned and headed out the door.

Soundwave moved to go after him, but Megatron stopped him. "Let him go."

"But Megatron, we can't let him escape."

"On the contrary, that's exactly what we'll do. Starscream is a brilliant scientist, superb fighter and strategist, and a relatively decent commander, but he has one flaw that will prevent him from succeeding with his plans."

"And what would that be?" asked Nightbird, who up to that point had remained silent.

"He needs to beat me, my dear" replied Megatron. "Yes, he took command of the Decepticons after my death, but he needs to stand over my dead body and declare that he has defeated me, and announce that he is the new leader of the Decepticons."

"I see," said Soundwave. "His determination to defeat you clouds his judgement, and that is to our advantage."

"Precisely," finished Megatron.

This whole time, the five Mutanacons had been gathered on the other side of the room. Soundwave had noticed them, but had not thought much about them. "I take it those are the new Decepticons you informed me about?"

"Yes," said Megatron. "they don't say much, and keep mostly to themselves, but they are absolutely loyal to me, and in a fight, they are our greatest asset." Megatron introduced him to Wolverine, Spyder, Jetsorm, Cyclops and the Thing, who wanted no part of meeting anyone.

"When are we going to attack?" asked the Thing.

"Soon," said Megatron, "very soon."

"Single-minded, I see," said Soundwave.

"Yes, he is. He didn't turn out exactly as I had predicted, but his power and destructive capabilities are tremendous." Megatron moved towards his lab, "Come Soundwave, I'll show you how I created them." The two Decepticons walked, with Nightbird lurking close behind.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 05:48 PM   #52
Unicron
Sector Marshall

what if some of the other X-Men were turned into Transformers?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 07:57 AM   #53
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XX "Risks"

The evacuation of the people of Earth had progressed smoothly. After six days, nearly all of the humans had been evacuated from Earth, except one. Spike had refused to leave. All of the Autobots on Earth, both injured and functional were brought to Autobot City. The last two shuttles filled with wounded Autobots were just now finishing up their loading. Optimus Prime sat in the makeshift command center, as the door behind him opened. He could tell by the light footsteps that it was Spike.

"Spike, do you have the list?" asked Optimus without turning to look at him.

"Here it is, Optimus," said Spike as he came around to face Optimus and he handed the datapad to him. Optimus looked down at the short list. It showed all the Autobots that would be left on Earth when the last two shuttles lifted off. Besides himself, there was Ultra Magnus, Springer, Bumblebee, Powerglide, Grimlock, Sludge, Cosmos, Perceptor, the Protectobots, Bluestreak, Hound, Omega Supreme, and Skyfire.

"Thank you, Spike. You'd better get to your shuttle."

"I'm not leaving," Spike replied. "I'll get out on Omega Supreme tomorrow."

Optimus didn't want to give his plan away to Spike. He knew what he'd do if he knew, and he couldn't let that happen. "Spike I need you to leave today, I have a message I need you to take to Rodimus Prime."

"Bull****, Optimus, you don't need me to take that message. You're planning something, and I know you too well for you to hide it from me."

Optimus shook his head, knowing it was true, but he continued, "Spike, you must go. You should be with your family. I know Daniel is going to be alright, but you should be with him now."

"And what if he never has a home to return to when he gets better?" asked Spike.

"Let me worry about that. You've done too much already. Now it's my turn."

Spike gave in, "If that's what you want Optimus, I'll go."

"Thank you, Spike," He left, and a few moments later, Optimus got up to go to his quarters. He had to get that message ready for Spike to give to Rodimus.

A few hours later, the shuttles lifted off and aboard one of them Spike had a datachip that only Rodimus would be able to access. Optimus watched them leave until they were mere specks in the sky. There was no turning back now. Omega Supreme was now the only way off the planet.

The next morning Optimus decided that it was time to fill the others in on his plan. He called them all together to meet in what was left of the main conference room. They sat around the table except for Omega Supreme, who merely stood outside looking into the room through a hole that had been blasted into it.

Optimus entered the room, and walked to the head of the table. He nodded to them all and began, "I'll get straight to the point. Megatron has made a large mistake. The Omega Contingency which I agreed to initiate in exchange for the time to carry it out did not involve the evacuation of the Autobots from Earth. Megatron is expecting us all to leave. Well, he may be thinking that, but I personally won't be going anywhere. I'm going to get this planet back." He paused, watching the others nod in silent assent. "This is a volunteer mission, and no one will think less of anyone who wants to go back to Cybertron. My plan is to keep Megatron off-balance, and to give Cybertron time enough to prepare an attack to take back Earth. Cybertron is well defended, but we are in no condition to mount a full-scale attack at this time. We, those who stay, will buy them some time, and hopefully provide them with an opening to attack." He turned around and faced the wall. "I won't lie to you. We may be stuck here alone for quite some time. Earth is about to be crawling with Decepticons, and we'll have to be very careful to keep ourselves undetected. I wouldn't expect that everyone is going to survive this mission." He paused again, wanting to make sure that his words sunk in about the risks they would be taking if they stayed. He turned back around, "I will not let Megatron win. Ultra Magnus, you and Omega Supreme are going back to Cybertron."

"No way, Optimus," Magnus said, shocked, "I'm staying to fight."

"I'm sorry old friend, but Rodimus is in command on Cybertron, and without Kup there to offer his wisdom, he'll need you to guide him." Optimus turned to the hole in which Omega loomed in. "And, Omega, well, you're just too big to hide," Prime chuckled, "And Magnus needs you to get him home."

"Understood," replied the old Guardian robot.

"As for the rest of you, as I said, this is a volunteer mission, and no one should feel that they have to stay. I'm going to get the codes from Megatron to save Kup and Blurr. When I return, those who are leaving should be ready to go." Optimus left the room without another word.

Ultra Magnus stood, "As Optimus said, this is a very dangerous mission. Now who's staying?" He hated having to leave, but Prime was right, Rodimus was going to need help.

"I'm staying," said Bumblebee. "We owe the people of Earth too much to let their planet be taken from them without a fight." The rest responded similiarly. None of them were going to leave, not with a planet to save. Magnus was proud, and saddened by the fact that he may not see all of them alive after this.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 01:39 PM   #54
Unicron
Sector Marshall

did I just read Spike say bull****??

here are some pics of Omega Supreme:

Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:06 AM   #55
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XXI: "Betrayal"

Optimus Prime drove slowly, he really wasn't in any hurry to get to his destination. Even if none of the others choose to stay, he was going to do whatever he could to stop Megatron. None of them had any obligation to save this planet. But Optimus knew that he did.

When Optimus arrived at the volcano that held the Ark, he found Megatron, Nightbird and Soundwave waiting for him. Optimus transformed, and noticed the smug look on Megatron's face. Megatron thought he'd won. For now, he had. "I want the codes, Megatron."

"Not even a hello?" said Nightbird with a smirk.

"As I promised, Optimus," said Megatron. He tossed a datapad.

Optimus took out a small communicator. "You won't mind if I contact Cybertron and make sure these codes work, will you?" said Optimus.

"Don't you trust me, old friend?" asked Megatron, with a hurt look on his face.

"In a word, no."

Megatron chuckled, and nodded to Soundwave, who produced a small communicator of his own, and spoke into it. "This is Soundwave, drop the jamming field around Cybertron."

Optimus activated his communicator, "Optimus Prime to Cybertron, do you read me?"

After a few moments, -"Cybertron here,"- came Rodimus' voice.

"Rodimus, you've been filled in on the situation here?"

-"Yes I have."-

"Good. Has Spike's shuttle arrived yet?" asked Optimus.

-"It just arrived, why do you ask?"-

"Just wanted to make sure they made it safely. I am transmitting the codes now," Optimus connected the datapad to the communicator.

-"Codes received,"- said Rodimus, -"Kup and Blurr are aboard Thunderwing in orbit, I'll transmit the codes to him,"- There was a moment of silence, which made Optimus nervous. -"The codes worked, they get to keep their heads. But we have to play catch now, that creep just jettisoned them into space and lit out of here."-

"Good, Prime out" said Optimus, as he closed the channel.

"Really Prime, would I give you the wrong codes when they were aboard one of my best warlords?" snickered Megatron.

"With you, Megatron, anything is possible."

"Ha, so I trust that you'll be leaving now?" asked Megatron.

"Omega Supreme is waiting for me back at Autobot City," replied Optimus, and he turned to leave.

"So," began Megatron, "how does it feel to lose?"

Optimus knew that Megatron was just trying to goad him into a fight. But he knew that the three Decepticons would probably overpower him before he could get off a shot. As much as he wanted to tear Megatron apart then and there, he knew he had to put his personal feelings aside. Instead, Optimus turned around, and walked toward Megatron. Nightbird and Soundwave both tensed their weapons, ready to slag Prime where he walked. Megatron simply stood there, and watched as Optimus walked right up to him, and stood mere inches away.

"Revel in your victory, Megatron. If you think this is over, you are sorely mistaken. There will be another time, I promise you that. You will pay for what you have done to the people of this world. You will pay."

"Big words, Prime, but can you back them up?" laughed Megatron.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see, Megatron," said Optimus. "Per our agreement, we will be leaving within the hour." Optimus Prime turned around, transformed, and headed back to Autobot City, leaving a cloud of dust trailing him.

Megatron turned to Soundwave, "Well, my old friend, we now have an energy-rich base of operations from which to launch our conquest of Cybertron, and the rest of this galaxy."

Soundwave nodded, "Shall I order the Mutanacons to attack Autobot City and destroy the remaining Autobots?"

"No," Megatron answered. Soundwave and Nightbird looked at him, alarmed by this unexpected command.

"You mean you are not going to attack?' asked Nightbird.

"Of course we are going to attack, but we will wait until Optimus Prime arrives. I want him to be with them when they die," said Megatron.

"Excellent," mused Nightbird. "They will never expect it."

"Megatron," began Soundwave, "if I may ask, why did you keep your agreement with Prime for this long? Had we attacked yesterday, we could have destroyed several shuttles full of wounded Autobots."

"It's simple," answered Megatron. "Optimus Prime has been expecting me to betray our agreement all along. He won't be expecting us to attack at this point with so few Autobots to kill. But once he's dead, and that fool Rodimus Prime in command of Cybertron, we'll retake Cybertron easily."

"A brilliant plan, Megatron, but what about Starscream?" asked Soundwave, using Skyquake's old name insultingly.

"I'm not worried about him. He commands a small force of traitors, he can't hope to keep them together enough to do us any real damage." They laughed together as they jumped into the air and headed back to their base.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 06:12 PM   #56
Unicron
Sector Marshall
Talking Re: My 'What if Hot Rod Hadn't Gotten in the Way?" Transformers fanfiction

nuf said
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:11 PM   #57
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XXII: "Ambush"

"Are you mad?" bellowed Brawl.

"He's insane," replied Rumble.

"He's just kidding," said Swindle, jumping between the three Decepticons, "You are just kidding, right Skyquake?"

"No, I'm quite serious. The only way to defeat Megatron is to get him off this planet. As long as he controls the resources of this world, we can never defeat him. We don't have the means to defeat him alone."

"But what you suggest is crazy, they'd never agree," countered Hook.

"Perhaps, but I believe there is a distinct possibility of success," said Skyquake.

Another Decepticon stood up, "I have to agree with Skyquake," sided Blitzwing, still rather miffed at Skyquake blasting him to pieces when he took command from him. He was still recovering from being put back together and repaired. "It is a good plan, although I do see why you are so opposed. But it is the best course of action." The rest reluctantly mumbled their agreement.

Optimus Prime rolled into Autobot City. Megatron's adherence to their agreement had gone on longer than he had thought it would. He was waiting for the other shoe to drop. He was pleased to find that everyone was staying, except for Ultra Magnus and Omega Supreme.

The Autobots had all gathered to see them off, "Ultra Magnus, take care of Rodimus Prime, he's going to need a lot of help," said Optimus.

"Of course, Optimus," he responded. Before Magnus could say anything else, however, he was hit in the arm by a blast of laser fire. Optimus turned around quickly, and saw the same five Decepticons who had done so much damage to the city, hovering above.

"Surrender now," said the female, "or the Mutanacons will destroy you all."

"Megatron and I had a deal," said Optimus.

"Consider it broken," said the one next to her. He had razor-sharp talons protruding from his hands. "Attack!"

"Autobots, scatter!" ordered Optimus. The battle was ferocious. Whoever these five were, they possessed an immense amount of power. "Draw their fire away from Omega. Magnus, get out of here!"

Ultra Magnus nodded, as he made a dash for Omega Supreme. He just made it inside the door, as laser blasts raked by him. "Omega, take off!" he yelled. Omega's powerful engines engaged, and he began to lift off slowly.

"Don't let them get away, Thing," commanded Cyclops.

The Thing ran towards Omega Supreme and jumped into the air to grab him, but Omega was out of his reach and rapidly receding into the twilight sky.

"Forget them," replied Spyder, "Let's take care of these chumps."

The battle continued. Laser fire was exchanged, and the one called Jetstorm conjured up a thunderstorm to worsen the situation. The Autobots had scattered around the courtyard. They all knew from seeing their previous attacks that they were deadly at hand-to-hand combat, and they tried to keep them at bay with their shots. Powerglide and Cosmos stayed in the air trying to provide covering fire for the ground-based Autobots. Cosmos never saw Wolverine move. He lept in to the sky with his claws in front of him, slicing Cosmos' underside open like a tin can. Losing consciousness, he plummeted to the ground, and was rolled and crushed as Cyclops moved to a better position in his tank mode.

Powerglide was horrified and opened fire on Wolverine, but Spyder was waiting. He fired a glowing strand of energon webbing from his arm cannon which latched onto Powerglide's tail assembly. Spyder then began to use his massive strength to swing the Autobot around in the air, until he yanked and pulled him from the sky to crash violently at his feet. Spyder then transformed into his spider mode and sank his fangs into Powerglide, draining the very life force from him until he was terminated.

As Bluestreak concentrated his fire on Cyclops, he never saw the shadow rise behind him. The Thing grabbed him and placed his hands around his neck, squeezing. "Help..." gasped Bluestreak, just before the metal in his neck shattered, popping his head from his shoulders. The Thing tossed his body to the side, and stalked after a new victim.

"Bluestreak!" yelled Optimus, but he was too late. He was gone. "Autobots, retreat! Skyfire, transform!"

"No need to tell me twice," called Skyfire from across the courtyard, "Give me some cover!" The Autobots unleashed a massive barrage and he transformed. They got aboard, with Optimus moving in last. When he reached the Skyfire's cargo door, he closed it from the outside.

"Get them out of here, I'll cover you," he said.

"Damn it, Optimus, you can't do this again. We won't leave you," protested Skyfire.

"Take off now!" Skyfire reluctantly fired his scramjets, and they were gone.

"Jetstorm, go after them," said Cyclops. "You're the fastest in the air. We'll finish off Prime." She nodded and lept into the air, transforming into her jet mode, and streaked off after Skyfire.

"Megatron will be very pleased when we scrap you, Prime," called Spyder.

Optimus was pinned down behind what was left of the guard tower at the end of the courtyard. The remaining Decepticons kept firing in his direction, while he was only able to get off a few shots before having to duck back to cover. He decided to make a run for it. Optimus opened a compartment in his leg, and removed a solar grenade. He tossed it out in front of his attackers, and covered his optics. It exploded in a blast of light more powerful than the sun.

"MY OPTICS!" screamed Spyder, falling to his knees and clutching his face. Wolverine and the Thing were also sprawled on the ground. Cyclop's eye was unaffected, however, being protected by a filtering device. He waited as Prime jumped out from behind his wall, and he fired a blast that hit Prime in the shoulder. Angry that he had not achieved a killing blast he prepared to fire again. Optimus Prime suddenly transformed and sped away.

"Damn," muttered Cyclops.

"Why don't you go after him?" demanded the Thing.

"I'm not fast enough, and would never catch him, that's why," he shot back.

"Megatron will not be happy about this," said Wolverine.

Meanwhile, Jetstorm was in close pursuit of Skyfire. She fired a missile at him, which just missed as he rolled to the left. Inside Skyfire, "Could you ease up on the acrobatics?" asked Bumblebee, was attempting not to fall on his head. "We're bouncing all over the place back here."

"Don't you think I know that," retorted Skyfire. "But if I don't keep this up, we'll be slagged. Besides, don't you know I'm equipped with seatbelts? They do save lives," he said cheerily.

"I have an idea," said Hound. "Skyfire, slow down, and let her get right on your tail."

"Brilliant plan Hound, but once I do you'll have no more than twenty seconds before she locks on and blows us to bits, or should I say blows me to bits."

"Don't worry, just trust me."

Behind them, Jetstorm watched as her quarry slowed. He must be low on fuel, she thought as she locked her missiles on target. Just as she was about to fire, however, she saw that they were heading towards a bunker, and the doors were closing. Skyfire made it through them just as they closed. She pulled up hard into a ninety degree angle and circled around to make another pass to attack the bunker. As she came into sight of it, it suddenly vanished.

"Blast! Fooled by a hologram, how degrading," she said, indignantly. She searched the area, but they were long gone. Megatron was not going to be pleased.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:29 PM   #58
Unicron
Sector Marshall

Skyfire

Cosmos

I wish I had skyfire...
Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:31 PM   #59
Unicron
Sector Marshall

Skyfire
Cosmos
Old Nov 11, 2005, 01:06 PM   #60
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XXIII: "New Alliances"

Optimus Prime drove down the road as fast as he could while scanning for somewhere to rest. He needed some time for his auto-repair systems to work on his injury. Finally, he found a cave off the road, and headed to it. He arrived at the cave, and transformed, staggering and falling to one knee. His shoulder wound was bad, but he would be okay after a while if he could just rest.

He slowly moved into the cave, walking inside a few hundred feet, hoping that something in the rocks might be able to mask him from the Mutanacons sensors. He fell against the wall and slid to the ground. After a moment, he shut down to allow his repair systems to kick in.

A pile of orange rocks walked through the mountain range, every so often stopping to take his frustrations out on a boulder or a tree. "Why me? Why am I always the one getting zapped off to who knows where? Damn it, I'm the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing, I shouldn't be treated this way. I'm the idol of millions!" The Thing continued walking. He hadn't seen another person since that weird-looking robot zapped him, and then he found himself in the middle of the mountains. He'd never seen anything like that robot, and he was beginning to wonder if he was still even in his own universe. He'd been to so many different alternate universes, he was beginning to think he could feel the difference. He soon came upon a cave and decided to get out of the sun.

As he entered and moved in deeper, he stopped. He saw a giant robot sitting against the inside of the cave. He didn't seem to be functioning. "Great, another damn robot. Just what I need," said the Thing. He looked at the robot, noticing what looked like damage on its shoulder. Suddenly the robot seemed to wake up.

Optimus Prime came back online. The Thing's proximity had revived him. He pulled himself up, and tried to call his rifle from subspace, but his shoulder was still causing him problems, and he couldn't get it. He peered at the strange creature in front of him. He was taller than a human, but still much smaller that himself. His first reaction to call his weapon dissipated when he realized that this was not one of the Mutanacons. "Who are you?" asked Optimus.

"I'm Little Red Riding Hood," replied the Thing. "Don't tell me you've never heard of the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing?"

"No, as a matter of fact, I haven't. I've never seen anything like you before."

"Well, that seals it. I must be in some alternate dimension or something. Everyone has either heard of the Thing where I come from, or at least of someone like me."

"Well, as the humans say, you're not in Kansas anymore. My name is Optimus Prime, I am the leader of the Autobots."

"I've never heard of any Autobots, and I've never seen anything like you before. Well, not exactly like you anyway," conceded the Thing.

Optimus knew that whoever the Thing was, and however he got here, his resemblance to the Mutanacon Thing was no coincidence, and Megatron must have been the reason for the Thing's presence here. Optimus reached up to check his shoulder. The Thing was a bit startled by his sudden movement, and took a defensive posture. "Easy Thing, I'm not your enemy."

"Sorry," he replied, "The last giant robot I saw zapped me with some kind of energy beam." The Thing did not know why, but he wasn't really suspicious of what Optimus Prime was saying. He had met many beings, both alien, and human, and after all these years, he felt he was a pretty good judge of character. "You look pretty banged up there, you alright?"

"I'll live. This other giant robot, can you describe him?" asked Prime.

"He was a big green guy with a cannon on his shoulder. You know him?"

"You might say that. I don't know what's going on, but if you did come from an alternate universe, Megatron was behind it." Optimus and the Thing talked a while. It soon became obvious that he was no longer where he belonged. "Do you have any idea what Megatron wanted with you?"

"Not a clue. Before he knocked me out, I saw that he had some friends of mine also," he answered.

"Let me guess, Jetstorm, Wolverine, Spyder, and Cyclops?" ventured Optimus.

"Well, it's Storm, and Spiderman, but you got the others." He explained about what his friends and himself were able to do and their abilities.

Optimus was about to tell him about the mysterious Mutanacons, when he heard an explosion.

"What the hell was that?" asked Thing, startled. He turned around and headed towards the mouth of the cave.

"No, Thing, wait," ordered Optimus, but the Thing was already almost at the entrance. Optimus called his weapon again, and this time it appeared in his hand. The Thing arrived at the mouth of the cave. He stepped outside and saw five familiar-looking robots hovering in the air, including one that looked kind of like himself. The others looked vaguely like Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, and Spiderman. "Hey, what the heck is going on here?" demanded the Thing.

All of a sudden he was grabbed from behind, and pulled back into the cave, just in time to see the ground where he was standing explode. "Thanks Optimus," said the Thing. "Friends of yours?"

"Not exactly," Optimus suddenly realized what Megatron had done, everything was so clear. "He copied you and your friends' abilities and gave them to those new Decepticons."

"A voice called from outside, "Optimus Prime, if you surrender now, we'll take you to Megatron unharmed." Optimus recognized the voice as Cyclops.

"Well, what's your answer, Prime?" demanded Jetstorm. The Thing, suddenly jumped up and headed back outside.

"Thing, get back into the cave. They'll cut you to ribbons," called Optimus.

"No way. You just saved my tail."

"Just stay in here. They just want me, and I'm in no condition to fight them. I'm going to surrender." Before the Thing could argue, they heard explosions outside.

"What the hell?" asked the Thing. After a couple of moments, the explosions stopped, and they could hear Cyclops ordering the Mutanacons to retreat. "Sounds like your friends are here." Optimus nodded. Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and the air seemed to rip apart. From within the rift he could see Professor Xavier at a computer station. Someone reached to the Thing, it was Storm.

"Thing, we've finally found you, hurry! We can't hold this portal open for much longer."

THe Thing looked up to Prime, "Well, looks like my friends have found me too, I'd like to stay and help..."

"No," said Optimus, "This isn't your fight, besides the information you've given me should more than help against the Mutanacons, thank you. Go home, I have enough help here." He waved as the Thing nodded and took Storm's hand, and stepped through the rift. It flashed again and disappeared. He turned and walked outside, ready to greet his fellow Autobots. He was not prepared for what he actually saw.

"Well, Optimus Prime, I do hope we arrived in time," said an old enemy.

"Skyquake?! What do you want?" asked Optimus, incredulous.

"I have a proposal..." began Skyquake.

On Cybertron, Rodimus walked down the hall that had been converted into a makeshift hospital. Earth's entire population had been evacuated. The ships used in that evacuation had been specially designed, and were now docked in orbit around Cybertron. Ten ships linked together formed massive space stations. All those needing hospitalization had been brought to Cybertron itself. Rodimus was one his way to see Spike, Carly, and Daniel.

He approached Daniel's room and knocked on the door. The door slid open, and he saw Spike and Carly sitting by Daniel's bedside. He was still unconscious. Rodimus looked at his two friends and asked, "How is he?"

"The doctors think he will be fine, physically, other than the need for artificial legs and arms," answered Spike, quietly.

The pain of those words shot through Rodimus. Daniel was his best friend, and he was powerless to do anything for him. "If there is anything I can do..." he began.

"Thank you," said Carly.

"Rodimus, Optimus asked me to give you this," said Spike, taking a datachip from his pocket, and handing it to Rodimus. He peered at it, staying for a moment and then went to his quarters.

When he arrived, he sat down and placed the datachip in his terminal. He entered his access code, and Optimus's picture came up on the screen.

"Hello Rodimus. By now, you must know that I am staying on Earth. I, and any of the others who choose to stay will attempt to make an assault on Earth possible. Until my return, you are in command of all Autobot forces not on Earth. Ultra Magnus will help you formulate a battle plan, and we will try to give you an opening," Optimus paused. "Rodimus, I know you don't feel ready for this responsibility. If I had any doubt that you could handle it, I would put Magnus in command. I know the situation looks bleak, but don't give up hope. In the event that I should be killed, that Matrix will find it's way to you."
The screen went blank, Rodimus sat in his quarter for a long while. There was a long road ahead, and it was up to him to make sure that road led to the freedom of Earth.

After escaping from Jetstorm, Skyfire flew to South America, to a jungle cave that was to be their rendezvous site.

"He had to have made it," said Bumblebee.

"We all hope he made it," said Springer, "But right no we can't worry about Optimus. We have to come up with a plan to fulfill our mission, and make it possible to for us to take back Earth."

"I guess you're right," conceded Bumblebee. At that moment, they could hear the sound of a jet engine outside. "I hope that isn't Jetstorm. I'll check it out," he replied. He walked to the edge of the cave, and looked out. Walking toward him was Optimus Prime.

Bumblebee ran out of the cave, but stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted Skyquake right behind Optimus. "Optimus, look out!" he called, aiming his weapon at Skyquake.

"Hold your fire," ordered Optimus. "Bumblebee, it wouldn't do well to shoot our new allies."

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction