Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:41 PM   #1
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Charlie Brooker's Dead Set.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/orga...er-big-brother

I am properly, girlishly giddy at the prospect of this. Brooker's zombies are far, far scarier looking than I expected, and the fact that he actually works for Endemol lends the whole thing an edge. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 09:44 PM   #2
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
Re: Charlie Brooker's Dead Set.

Starts on E4 this Monday. Don't miss it, you'll be really, really sorry.

28 Days Later-tacular.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 09:19 PM   #3
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

First episode was solid, but not yet brilliant. Had flashes of proper Charlie Brooker genius - wheelchair! - but it was all set-up tonight, and as yet I don't think they've entirely exploited the reality tv show possibilities. I quite like the lead character lady, and Brooker's continued championing of the humble set runner's cause really is rather touching.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

and bollocks I've alreayd missed ep.

Jill!!!!! How do I see it? Oh next ep tomorrow and you posted yesturday that means now. (How do I get ep 1)?

edit: OI AMERICANS! YOU CAN WATCH IT ONLINE FOR FREE http://www.channel4.com/video/brandl...ad-set#popover Watching ep 1 now, then 2 and might get 3 on the box @ 10 - er if they're worth it.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:49 PM   #5
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I GAVE YOU PEOPLE THREE POSTS' WARNING!

Yeah, just saw the latest. I don't think he's really taken advantage of the set up yet... and I kind of thought the five-part format would suit the reality tv show element, but it doesn't. It just makes it really piecemeal.

Solid, seasonal, but not everything I'd hoped for out of Brooker, to be honest.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 05:35 AM   #6
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Sorry guys, just didn't do it for me. And I thought it would, considering how much I hate Big Brother, I thought I'd have a great laugh wathcing vapid members of the public and contestants being chomped on.... but... well it just didn't.

Now Big Brother where all the contestants are zombies.......hmmmmm ..... I must call channel 4
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:38 AM   #7
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

It was good, but it wasn't as brilliant as everything else Charlie Brooker touches.

The cast were brilliant, and I must say tending was a humdinger.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]