Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]

From "Faculty, The" to "Logan's Run"...

Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:09 PM   #16
DarkDragonNZ
Starfighter
69 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Hellbound: Hellraiser II

It's been what? Two years since my last post in this thread. Finally saw Hellraiser 2. MY GOD IT RULES! But I don't see how you can class it as Sci FI.
DarkDragonNZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:31 PM   #17
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Quite Right Indeed!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivanhoe

Hellbound : Hellraiser 2 is in my opinon even better then the original. The sequel has a broader scale. It expands singnificaly from the original.

I've seen all of them (I think!) and the second one really did expound on everything to be sure! I wasn't too keen on the 3rd one (Terri Ferrel was in it as I recall.. or am I mixing them up?) although the 4th one did have a lovely series spanning time of one bloodline and their interaction with Pinface and his cohorts.

Has anyone been to Spawn.Com and seen Clive Barker's figures for Tortured Souls? They are quite good!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hr4-pinhead&paul.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	897  
Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:41 PM   #18
DarkDragonNZ
Starfighter

*drools* tortured souls are so great. The second movie is the best in the whole series. Of course, all the ones after the second one sucked so there's not much competition.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:51 PM   #19
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Post Truly it is a Matter of Taste

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkDragonNZ
*drools* tortured souls are so great. The second movie is the best in the whole series. Of course, all the ones after the second one sucked so there's not much competition.

But I hear ya there... I will say (and this may get me in trouble ) but I thought Hell on Earth was kinda silly... especially Minicam Man... EEEEK!

And I have to retract something... I don't think I saw the fourth one?! The one after Bloodlines... but not sure if I am going to.

Oh, and DDNZ, if you liked Tortured Souls... then *swoon* check out the Geiger Statues.... *Bemoans the fact he hasn't gotten any of them yet!*and this may get me in trouble
Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:58 PM   #20
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Post Re: Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Yes, the TS figures are great.

Series 1 sold out almost instantly, and they are going for huge bucks today on eBay.

Series 2, however, didn't. You can find almost all of them (with the exception of Camille Noir. She might be a little harder to find, depending on where you live) on clearances. That's how I got mine.

About a year ago, with the success of the normal 6" TS 1 line, McFarlane Toys released 12" versions of the figures. They did all of the figures in the line, with the exception of Mongroid. No one thought he would translate well into a 12" figure.

These didn't sell as well as they thought they would either, despite the astounding detail and quite disturbing nature of the series.

But you can still find some of the 12" Tortured Souls 1 figures at stores like EBGames. And some on-line retailers still have most of them in stock. Be careful though, some of these sites are scalping them. Never pay more than $30 (at the very highest) for the 12" versions and never more than $30 for the usual 6" TS1 figures.

I still don't have any TS1 figures in my collection because of their instant selling point and their rarity.

You can check out the official on-line features of the two lines here:

http://www.spawn.com/features/torturedsouls

http://www.spawn.com/features/torturedsouls2

And here's a where-to-buy if you're interested:

http://www.spawn.com/features/tortur...heretobuy.html

I didn't put the Tortured Souls 1 WTB there, because you're not going to find them in any retail stores. Some online retailers have them still availble, but they are obvious scalper prices that no one should pay, despite the rarity of the figures.

Anyway, it's basically the same for both series.

By the way, a Tortured Souls Series 3 line of figures is now in the planning stage. Visit Spawn.com for news.
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 02:38 AM   #21
DarkDragonNZ
Starfighter

Hmmm, there's a store in town that has TS, well a few of them. I think they're all series 2 but they're only the small ones. What I wouldn't give for one of the foot high ones *drools on keyboard*
Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:09 PM   #22
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Well TS are a little bit off topic but I must say I own the first series. I had to order them from Holland since they are officially not distributed in my country.

I will probably order TS series two when the heat around them deteriorates and the price goes down.

BTW does anyone have Neca's Hellraiser figures. I wasn't quite impressed with detail of the figures from what I have seen on the internet. Any "real life" expirience?
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 04:04 PM   #23
Dajistano

I bought NECA's Hellraiser figures.
I have both series, except for two figures: Butterball and Angeligue.

I like them very much overall; very cool. But my favorite figure is the Surgeon cenobite.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 04:30 PM   #24
DarkDragonNZ
Starfighter

Everyone seems to love Channard, I hated him. I loved Pinhead and Chatterer.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 08:43 PM   #25
Dajistano

My short description of Tortured Souls Series 1 and 2 figures was quite impressive, no?
Old Jan 30, 2004, 11:00 AM   #26
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

And now finally Tourtured Souls is commming to the big screen, a child of both Clive and Todd. It gives me joy.

I loved Hellraiser 1 and 2, and I thought 3 was ok. But the series really went downhill from there. The last one I watched was the one in space. When it becomes a necessity to send horror like that into space, there are problems; just look at Jason X for another example.

Question, has any one read The Hellbound Heart? If so how was it?
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2004, 01:07 PM   #27
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieraganion
And now finally Tourtured Souls is commming to the big screen, a child of both Clive and Todd. It gives me joy.

I loved Hellraiser 1 and 2, and I thought 3 was ok. But the series really went downhill from there. The last one I watched was the one in space. When it becomes a necessity to send horror like that into space, there are problems; just look at Jason X for another example.

Part 1 & 2 are the best but things didn't go down hill with part 3. They hit rock bottom! Part 4 was a few steps back in the right direction but not quite there yet , but then came a pleasant surprise, a brilliant Hellraiser: Inferno (part 5).

The series is back to its roots, because the story was never about pinhead and the cenobites (they were only a catalyst). It was about people and their own personall hell. The torments they all go through individually.

Hellseeker was good, Ashley is back (I almost didn't recognise her) but in a backup role. Again similiar forumula like Inferno, not that stylishy executed but still good.

Now I wait for part 7 & 8. I heard they were going to be more like 5 and 6 wich is great.

I never thought that this would be a horror series that will gain by multiple sequels, but boy was I wrong.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 02:37 PM   #28
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

They are good, but I wish they could have been better. Though I do enjoy the story. Man, do I hope that Clive returns to do another one...
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:14 PM   #29
Dajistano

Quote:

I've read it.
It's astounding; my favorite horror novel.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 04:59 AM   #30
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I totally forgot about this thread.

Quote:

You may have read it by now; but it's great. I prefer Barker's longer books though.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]