Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old May 19, 2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Transformers 3 news

Now if they could only get a decent director that knows how Transformers should be. ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. Not the frakking flashiest piece of hardware you can put of the screen. Flames on a truck, jeezus. But gettting rid of Fox is a start. Get rid of Sam too while you're at it.

Quote:
Gemma Arterton Could Replace Megan Fox in 'Transformers 3'
May 19, 2010, 8:48 PM EST
By Jeff Sneider
TheWrap.com

TheWrap has learned that "Prince of Persia" star Gemma Arterton is the front-runner to replace Megan Fox in "Transformers 3."

An individual close to the casting process says the actress has already had discussions with Bay about the coveted role. Other possible replacements for Fox include models Bar Rafaeli, Miranda Kerr and Brooklyn Decker.

Paramount has confirmed to TheWrap that the studio decided against picking up Fox's option for the sequel, and an individual close to the production explained that as screenwriter Ehren Kruger was developing the screenplay with director Michael Bay, it made sense for star Shia LaBeouf to have a new love interest. Ouch!

Rafaeli and Kerr were both brought in to the project's casting office to read for "Transformers 3," while Decker has the most substantial acting career of the three models.

Decker has appeared on "Chuck," "Ugly Betty" and USA's "Royal Pains," and is currently filming the comedy "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. She was also on the cover of this year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and is married to American tennis star Andy Roddick.

Rafaeli is an Israeli model who is currently dating Leonardo DiCaprio and stars in Haim Bouzaglo's indie psychological thriller "Session," which is in post-production.

Kerr is an Australian model whose acting experience seems to be limited to an episode of the CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother" in which she played herself. She's been one of the Victoria's Secret Angels since mid-2007.

But Arterton remains the possibilty who makes the most sense, as she plays Jake Gyllenhaal's love interest in "Prince of Persia" and is no stranger to Hollywood blockbusters, having also starred in "Clash of the Titans" and "Quantum of Solace." Arterton, who is the same age as both LaBeouf and Fox, is currently at Cannes with the Stephen Frears comedy "Tamara Drewe."

All of these beauties seem to be out of LaBeouf's league, but I guess having a car that turns into a giant robot helps with the ladies.

Fox previously started a PR nightmare by comparing Bay to Hitler and continued to make waves by publicly dissing the director, even after he wrote a letter welcoming her return to the franchise. It couldn't have helped that Fox's "Jennifer's Body" was eaten alive at the box office and her upcoming summer movie, "Jonah Hex," has horrible buzz.

Bay will begin casting immediately for the new female lead.

Deadline first broke the news of Fox's departure.

Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004
Re: Transformers 3 news

they got rid of magen fox?....i will not watch this movie. her bent over that motorcycle was the only reason i liked the second movie
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthemighty
they got rid of magen fox?....i will not watch this movie. her bent over that motorcycle was the only reason i liked the second movie

It's sad that a girl bending over a bike would be the only reason to like a movie, and yeah, that was a tasty scene. But I wish they get rid of Bay too, frakking ***** destroyed all reasons to watch the Transformers on the silver screen. Wow, m0r0n is censored?
Old May 21, 2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

that was mostly a joke. i dunno, i get bored with bay's movies after half an hour or so. i get tired of watching CGI explosions...and buildings collapsing....and collapsing exploded buildings.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:44 AM   #5
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

No Megan Fox?
It's like non-alcoholic beer. What's the point?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighWiredSith
No Megan Fox?
It's like non-alcoholic beer. What's the point?

Thats the smartest thing i have ever heard anyone say about anything.
Old May 26, 2010, 03:55 AM   #7
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

[quote=HighWiredSith]No Megan Fox?

Apparently this is because Micheal Bay is a huge ****ing ***hole.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2010, 10:07 AM   #8
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

[quote=SF_not_Sci-Fi]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighWiredSith
No Megan Fox?

Apparently this is because Micheal Bay is a huge ****ing ***hole.
I love that even Shia LeBouf didn't think Indiana Jones 4 was good. Also, I recall reading another article where Michael Bay basically makes the claim that Megan Fox should've bent over and taken whatever he dished out at her, because he "made" her into a star. In the same interview, he goes on to talk about how he "made" several celebrities, including Nicolas Cage - never mind the fact that Cage has been in several movies before starring in anything Bay did, including winning an award for his role in Leaving Las Vegas. I wish I remember where I found that article, but yeah, Michael Bay is indeed a huge f***ing ***hole.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:28 AM   #9
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Latest news from the set...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/11/v..._lnk1%7C177020
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:21 AM   #10
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

Why do you hate the live-action TF movies and go for the animated TF movie? and you want James Cameron for director? who's better Bay or Cameron?
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies