Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
The Walking Dead

Saw the premier of The Walking Dead last night. It was pretty fantastic and looks to be a really good show. The shots of desolate, post-zombie apocalypse towns and cities are quite effective at conveying the sense of devastation. It's nice to see a return to the shambling, walking zombies, and the degree of violence and gore was somewhat unexpected but refreshing for a TV series. There were also some very nice human moments too amidst all the carnage and sense of dread.

Did anyone else see it, and what did you think?
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:56 PM   #2
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: The Walking Dead

I've been greatly looking forward to it, largely on the strength of the consistently strong comics and the very excellent trailer, but I missed the premiere. I've only heard good things, but it and the forthcoming series of Misfits are the two shows at the top of the menu for me.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:48 AM   #3
Lt_Johnny_Rico

I know Iwata was greatly looking forward to it. I hope it met his expectations.

Also, that poor horse ...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:48 PM   #4
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Dude! Yes!

I thought it was very good. Slightly overhyped - it was very strong, but it didn't blow my mind or anything, and although it had some great moments, it felt like there were a lot of unnecessary thoughtful pauses that didn't actually add anything.

Will be tuning in though, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. I'm hoping that they won't let it get bogged down in the prison in the same way it did in the comics.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:47 AM   #5
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

saw the first threes eps (pilot 1&2 and ep 2), and I have to say, this show ROCKS. kind of reminds me of SURVIVORS the uk show, except with this one, there are zombies.

great stuff so far - may even have to check out the comic!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

I knew nothing about this show, and all I've seen are the adverts for it popping up on Sky and I have to say it looks intriguing. But I guess in some ways it's just funny to see that the main guy is Egg! Poor bloke, he can never get away from that role.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:40 PM   #7
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

It's solid, like I say. There were a few bits of ropey acting in the pilot, but overall it was good. Not mindblowing, but it's got a great look, a solid premise, and there's nothing else really like it on TV at the moment.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:34 PM   #8
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

I genuinely like this show...zombies, blood....zombies. It has everything.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Lt_Johnny_Rico

She was one day away from her birthday , and she was cute too! Bastards!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 07:55 AM   #10
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

i saw this! i saw this!

hey, so it's worth continuing on with? saw & loved the pilot, but these days i can barely remember when & where to catch my school exams, much less tv shows. and the time for them is even harder to find.

a nice lil break in the schooling is coming up, maybe then.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:46 AM   #11
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Am liking this. Not adoring or loving, but definately enjoying.

Never been a zombie nutter, but the pilot screamed 28 Days Later (assuming 28 Days was riping something earlier???).
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum