Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]

From "Faculty, The" to "Logan's Run"...

Old Nov 11, 2002, 01:41 PM   #1
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Highlander

The official highlander thread. Talk now!
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 10:54 PM   #2
Rook
Starfighter
90 flights since Dec 2002
Smile Re: Highlander

I miss the TV show. I liked it better than the films...probably coz of Adrian Paul...
Rook is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 05:05 AM   #3
Xorgan
Starfighter
108 flights since Nov 2002
Re: Highlander

Quote:
Originally posted by NeXus_6

As is the case with Flash Gordon:

The soundtrack makes half of the movie (by the way: thats probably the reason for the sequel being really bad in comparison).

As Queen posed it:
Who wants to live forever?

Xorgan
Xorgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2003, 12:31 PM   #4
Xorgan
Starfighter
108 flights since Nov 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by NeXus_6

Just came to think now (in the mess, by the way ) that Highlander 2 is definitely SF, whilst Highlander 1 probably isn't at all...

What do the others think (any public opinion on this??)?

Xorgan
Xorgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 02:07 PM   #5
amber0728
n/a flights since
the Quickening

I don't care about the fact that the story and plotline had to be changed in order to accommodate the sequels. The simple truth is that the ambiguos nature of 'Highlander' allows it to stand on its own and end with a bang. No regrets.

My problem is with the final movie in which Lambert sacrifices himself to give his 'cousin' sufficient strength to defeat the enemy. Not the fact he died, let's face it, the immortal Chris was starting to look old and he said 'I'm tired of living and fighting.' No, what irks me was here was one of the most powerful Immortals EVER ... and his quickening lasted all of 3 seconds. Geez, I've seen more dramatic quickenings occur on the TV show with Immortals who have hidden for decades.

My two cents ...
Old Aug 6, 2003, 07:07 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since
sho nuff

2 tru
Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:16 PM   #7
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

I argree. Though I think they never should have made that last movie in the first place, just left it off with three. Another interesting thougt, correct me if I'm wrong because I don't remember the time line that well. But if Connor Mcloud died in End Game, then dosn't that screw over the second movie? Or did, due to certain actions, the second movie never actually happen?
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 05:32 PM   #8
amber0728
n/a flights since
the missing child

Remember the TV show with Urkel? The family originally had 4 children, 3 girls and a son. Eventually the middle girl disappeared because all the story lines were either (1) idiot brother (2) baby / little girl (3) eldest daugher (Urkel's infatuation) and (4) Urkel.

The series went on and on and eventually the impending cancellation was announced. The middle daughter returned for the finale despite the fact joking references had been made in previous episodes such as the brother's friend asking, "hey, didn't you used to have another sister." etc ...

What is the point of my rambling?

Simply this, prior to the third movie's release, the producer and director traveled SciFi conventions and gave interviews announcing the embarrassment over the 2nd film and requesting that Highlander fans ignore its existence. They also promised a directors cut which was closer to the European release that was a better film. They were right, I have the VCR extended / widescreen directors cut and it really is a better film. Despite that fact - the 2nd film does NOT exist and so essentially the series is really a trilogy. Except that the third film doesn't really 'fit' with Endgame.

So basically, each subsequent sequel should be regarded as an epilogue to Highlander - 2 hour alternate endings so to speak.

TNN is now rerunning the TV show and maybe that's a sign that an attempt is being made to re-popularize the show. I don't know. I still can't believe that Duncan's girlfriend got her own spinoff - and am even more shocked over the fact 'dark Duncan' killed Richie - you can't argue how 'twisted' the TV show was.

Just my two cents.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 03:15 PM   #9
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Cool nasty

Your Reply:
See Forum Rules (below) for
more information about what
codes you are allowed to use
in your posts.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 01:45 PM   #10
Slash
Starfighter
137 flights since Aug 2003

With Highlander:Final Dimension...The fact that there was an immortal trapped in a mountain means that Connor should have never aged in Part II...This is really confusing for myself.... Anyways...Highlander should be left on its own... It was a great film...
Slash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 06:17 AM   #11
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Re: Highlander

Quote:
Originally posted by Xorgan

Just came to think now (in the mess, by the way ) that Highlander 2 is definitely SF, whilst Highlander 1 probably isn't at all...

What do the others think (any public opinion on this??)?

Xorgan
Yes, the first one isn't sci-fi, that's true. And it's good that it isn't. Although many science fiction stories fit better in the past than in the future (for example: Planet of the Apes, Star Wars). But why did they change the genre in the middle of the succes? Isn't that kind of a change usually a message of lowing quality?
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 09:38 AM   #12
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

i thought highlander 1 and 3 were good and the seris was realy kick a$$.
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 04:14 PM   #13
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

So let me get this straight... **** the second movie... correct?
Allrghty, doing that clears a lot of the plot holes.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 01:06 PM   #14
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I couldn't stand the 2nd or 3rd movies, but the TV show was great. Roger Daltry was in it once

wasn't there a cartoon series too, with Quentin MccLeod?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 01:26 PM   #15
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

Just to clear something up, it wasn't the "Dark" Duncan that killed Ritchie. He was tricked into doing it. He thought he was fighting Horton and a bunch of others, some kind of Jedi mind trick. The show was vastly superior to the movies. It was able to delve into the life of a four-hundred year old a lot better than the movies ever could. Plus, it introduced the concept of the "Watchers". Watching the series now, you can see how much better it was than anything that's on now, and that a lot of the guests went on to stardom. (Dougray Scott, Barry Pepper, Peta Wilson) Even Ritchie was on an episode of "Friends", and Methos made it into "X2". One of my favorites was on yesterday, the one with Ron Pearlman. "Duende" should be on next week.

I liked the first movie, didn't really get the second, can't believe I actually sat through the third, and never even tried to watch the fourth one.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ]