Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Tom Green's Worst Flick?
Road Trip. 2 16.67%
Strealing Harvard. 1 8.33%
Freddy Got Fingered. 7 58.33%
One his other relatively small roles. 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2, 2003, 12:53 PM   #31
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: SciFlicks Rank

For the record, I hate Road Trip. Passionately.

Jacker...whoa....but I could you help me out? Today, my cousin was diagnosed as being severly Autistic, and I was wondering if you've come across any well made sites about it? I need as much info as possible for my Aunt cuz here in Ireland doctors try to protect parents from as much as possible. As a result, my aunt has been told next to nothing.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 01:10 PM   #32
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
For the record, I hate Road Trip. Passionately.

Jacker...whoa....but I could you help me out? Today, my cousin was diagnosed as being severly Autistic, and I was wondering if you've come across any well made sites about it? I need as much info as possible for my Aunt cuz here in Ireland doctors try to protect parents from as much as possible. As a result, my aunt has been told next to nothing.

Here's something:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/a1/autism.asp

What's your cousin like? Does he have make repetitive movements? Does he talk?
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 01:29 PM   #33
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

He's four. He doesn't really talk, but I'm told he's good with letters. (Not sure what that means.) He has a thing about colours i.e. If everything isn't arranged into different colour groups he cant handle it, and starts to scream. He spends hours just arranging his Lego.
He doesn't react to speech appropriately. If he does something dangerous and people give out to him he giggles. He tends to poke other kids repeatedly in the stomach and nothing will get through to him once he starts. He only stops when everybody leaves.
He cant stand any kind of direct contact, he'll just scream. He doesn't react to loud sounds or cold or things like that. He once walked into a lake fully clothed in December, and would have kept walking if he hadnt been dragged out. He never even flinched.
According to one site I'm looking at, there is about 500 people in Ireland with Autism.

I just got a call from Australia to say that my other cousin has Tourettes. And my pet lamb got attacked by dogs. And to top it all of, my little brother got beaten up today. One **** week, all in all.
Old May 2, 2003, 01:53 PM   #34
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
He's four. He doesn't really talk, but I'm told he's good with letters. (Not sure what that means.) He has a thing about colours i.e. If everything isn't arranged into different colour groups he cant handle it, and starts to scream. He spends hours just arranging his Lego.
He doesn't react to speech appropriately. If he does something dangerous and people give out to him he giggles. He tends to poke other kids repeatedly in the stomach and nothing will get through to him once he starts. He only stops when everybody leaves.
He cant stand any kind of direct contact, he'll just scream. He doesn't react to loud sounds or cold or things like that. He once walked into a lake fully clothed in December, and would have kept walking if he hadnt been dragged out. He never even flinched.
According to one site I'm looking at, there is about 500 people in Ireland with Autism.

I just got a call from Australia to say that my other cousin has Tourettes. And my pet lamb got attacked by dogs. And to top it all of, my little brother got beaten up today. One **** week, all in all.

Yeah, poor kid. Poor lamb. Poor Jill
Old May 2, 2003, 02:05 PM   #35
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Sorry. I was whinging a little wasn't I?

The lamb thing shouldn't have gotten to me as much as it did, cuz I live on a farm and stuff like that happens, and I have enough else to be thinking about, but...this particular lamb was snatched from the jaws of death. For the first few weeks, it would just keel over everytime it got fed. It was freaky. Give it a bottle and then it would just roll over on its back rolling its eyes. Just for a laugh, I spray painted a blue bikini on it.
*sniff* It was really friendly, it would just run over to you. And we tried to make it go with the other sheep, to the far fields, though it broke our hearts to see it go, but it just kept coming back. Like the Incredible Journey but shorter. And with a lamb. One day, it followed me into the kitchen...and its little hooves slipped all over the floor...so we moved it to the furthest field...It was the only animal attacked. It probably walked straight up to the dog. I feel so bloody guilty. Its still alive, but it doesnt look good. Eat your heart out Jodie Foster.

Last edited by jill_valentine : May 3, 2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old May 2, 2003, 03:12 PM   #36
Flowrchild
Starfighter
131 flights since Apr 2003

Yikes Jill, I think you win the "had a sh1tty week" prize.

My condolences.
Flowrchild is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 05:10 PM   #37
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

You'll all be glad to hear that my lamb, Rollover, is standing up! Most of the bleeding has stopped too. He might just be okay. If he is, I'm gonna have to respray the bikini.

There shall be no such hope for the sawn off little di(k who beat up my thirteen year old brother. I intend to hand him his testicles. Seperatly.
Old May 2, 2003, 09:14 PM   #38
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

Jacker= you could be a genious yet then my love! (read this article the other day and thought of you...)

Though apparantly autism is a spectrum that we are all on. Some have higher degrees of it than others, the higher being the symptoms that we hear about.

I often wonder where I am on the scale of autism at times, due to my lack of conversation/small talk [I don't half come out with some stoooopid replies in an effort-but at least have the ability to walk away without a sweat]
I am pretty funny about close contact and flinch with people I don't know too well with touching me. Even hugging close mates is a mind awareness thing. Sorta 'okay this is enough now'. Even with my fella. 'enuff now', and that's not sexual neither.
Even with my uni work, I am such a bleedin perfectionist, that I have to have about 5 books with the same info to make sure that I have the complete answer. Must...score.....high... if I feel like I won't get A's or the worst B's then I give up totally. Not worth it I think, to my detriment.
But then I'm an only child, and this may be the root.

Tis difficult to diagnose on the lower end of the scale of autism as it could be a number of things that could be the cause of the 'symptoms'.

Valentine- hope that lamby recovers soon and in full shape to bounce the fields again. A new bikini ay? Striking!
And I hope that the little twerp that hit your bro gets it too!
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2003, 12:37 PM   #39
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

No One, I am not a genious. Well, maybe a little.

Last edited by JACKER : May 3, 2003 at 05:55 PM.
Old May 3, 2003, 05:50 PM   #40
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

That little bastard tried to take out his eye. Hes got a finger-shaped black eye. He's thirteen. I've never seen him so upset. He hasn't slept properly since, and he's freaked out about going to school again. He looked like he'd been crying when I got home. I wasn't on the schoolbus on Friday. That piece of **** wouldn't have done something like that if I was. The stupid cunt of a bus driver said nothing. Shes afraid of the tithead too.

Sorry. Whinge over.

My aunt reckons it all started with the 3 in 1 injection, though she doesn't know that for sure, and shes not really thinking straight. Bizarrely enough, a neighbour of mine was also diagnosed this week. She too blames the 3 in 1, though she might just want to blame something.
Old May 3, 2003, 06:19 PM   #41
Flowrchild
Starfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by JACKER
No One, I am not a genious. Well, maybe a little.

Ironically, you spelled "genius" wrong

Old May 3, 2003, 06:21 PM   #42
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Flowrchild

Ironically, you spelled "genius" wrong

Old May 3, 2003, 06:27 PM   #43
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Awww, but you, you are my reason.

Old May 4, 2003, 12:47 PM   #44
Flowrchild
Starfighter

You are such a sweetie
Old May 4, 2003, 01:12 PM   #45
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002
Talking Re: SciFlicks Rank

Tom Green! *Shouts a drunken "Yay!!!"*
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]