Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]

From "Scanners" to "X-Men: The Movie"...

Old May 9, 2003, 02:03 PM   #1
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002
Windego

I have to alert everyone of this rather rubbish B movie that is about a family who takes a vacation to a small town that's quite hill billy in the snow. The kid gets a spirit figure and the story stems around this.
Not good at all.
The filming is off the amatuer type, ie not fixed camera, and the acting is so-so. The storyline is a little over the place and darn it, I barely remember what it was trying to get at (I only saw this a few nights ago), it was that dull.

Anyone else had the delight of wasting time and money on this number?
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 02:07 PM   #2
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Windego

I thought about watching it. I like the Windego character in the Marvel comics, it usually fought Wolverine or Sasquatch or the Hulk. But then I saw that weird lookin' little kid from "Malcolm in the Middle" (the youngest of the three freaky lookin' kids) was in it, so I passed on it. Glad to hear it's awful though, now I don't have to wonder.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 03:30 PM   #3
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

Believe me (and I don't know too much about X-men) this film has nothing to do with that character! Unless it comes from the same background of the spirit that supposedly the Indians believe in. It has the head of a deer, body of a beast, but can transpose (is that the right word?) into anything ie tree/wind and disappear/appear at any moment. It attacks anything for no apparant reason. Or maybe there was one- I sort of guessed it with the method of killing and outcomes, but it ain't that clear.
You don't see much of it the 'windego' though- rather like the old horror movies. The film focuses on the family and the little boy, who is a bit weird.
Glad you missed it.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 05:00 PM   #4
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

It was an Indian legend in the comics. But it looked like a big white version of Bigfoot, with a long white mane and teeth something like a wolf. I think it had something do with a guy that resorted to cannibalism while lost in the woods. It's been awhile since I've read them. I remember this movie getting a rave review over at aintitcoolnews.com last year. But I never really believed any of their reviews in the first place.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 05:51 AM   #5
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Isn't it a Wendigo? And is the myth really the story that they result from men who eat other men?

Hmm yes and yes sorta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo

Oh and apparenlty the cure for canabilism is bear fat or bear grease? WTF? Wiki do not fail me in my hour of need...
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 01:45 PM   #6
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

The native americans had some strange beliefs...till us "kind, considerate, only doing what the christian god would want us to" white folks came over here and butchered them for no reason other than they owned some land. God we're bastards,ain't we?
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 03:33 AM   #7
Seraph

At least you didn't stick a flag in it - well not till later anyway.

By strange conincidence this was actually on tv last night. I managed to watch a whole 5 mins before the cheap docu shakey camera effects & next door neighbour acting got to me.

It's disturbingly reminiscent of Princess Monoko(sp?) though.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 08:45 AM   #8
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Disturbingly reminiscent in a bad way? or in a good way? Cause Princess Mononoka was pretty ****ing great.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:45 AM   #9
Seraph

Yes it was, Wendigo not so much - hence the disturbingly.

The Wendigo was the great spirit, even down to eery twinkly stillness, time stopey like funkiness and hiding in mist/shadows/behind a tree.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 01:47 PM   #10
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Meh, it happens. Did he touch people and make em cannibals?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:52 PM   #11
Seraph

Touch....their special place?

I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks...

(er it danced the boogey boogey in the shadows, a kid went whitey - do they not know 8 yr olds shouldn't be given that stuff? - and a man screamed a lot)
Old Jun 23, 2006, 02:59 PM   #12
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

Oh. Well, the legend of the Windego was supposed to be that it was an evil spirit that would go through camps and just touch someone, and give them a taste for human flesh.

Or something similar to that.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:08 AM   #13
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

So it's kindof an explanation (read : excuse) for cannibalism, is it?

"An evil spirit made me do it. After he touched me. He touched me right here!"

"Ok, too much information, too much!"
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:06 PM   #14
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

"And the only way i could forget about being molested by a great laughing demon was to cook the elders liver with some wild onions!"
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:08 PM   #15
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
Thumbs down Wendigo... More like Wendibore

Wendigo... More like Wendibore! OK, that was bad. But so was this movie, and thus it is only fitting that I should've said it. Bad jokes aside, I'm really sad that I didn't see this thread before I decided to borrow it from the local public library. That has got to be one of the most absolutely dreadfully boring experiences ever, completely devoid of any artistic merit or even scares or even anything remotely resembling disturbin whatsoever, which this movie should've at least had because it was marketed as an indie, psychological horror movie. What a pointless waste of time. At least I didn't pay for it.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]