Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Marilyn Manson - Freak or no?
He's a freak! An abnormality of nature! LYNCH HIM!!! 4 14.29%
He's ... odd. But I don't mind him 7 25.00%
He's the best thing since sliced bread. He's BETTER than sliced bread!!! 4 14.29%
Other 13 46.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26, 2003, 01:10 PM   #16
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Marilyn Manson

Smart guy. If the Fascist-Christian super conservatives took the time to listen to his lyrics, they'd realise that he does make some fairly valid criticisms about modern society. I'm not an obsessive fan or anything, but I like his songs I've heard, and I like him in interviews.

His image feels like the biggest gag in modern showbiz. He is apparently railing against conformist society, when really hes part of one of the oldest, most important social groups in history: The Pamphleteer.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2003, 03:10 AM   #17
Mike Nation
n/a flights since

I love Marilyn Manson i think he is a very intelligent and creative man. And who cares what he looks like with all that make up on he is still a person and people shouldnt judge him just because they dont like his ****n music how he dresses or acts they are plenty of people out there to make make fun of or critisize why would anyone spend so much time just to make sure people cant hear him expressing himself.If you dont like his music you dont have to listen to it(I happen to love it). And hey Nexus you can go **** your self, and pinky you are perfectly right. Exspecially about quote in fight song it is excellent!
Old Jul 31, 2003, 09:56 AM   #18
Azrael
Wing Commander
442 flights since Jul 2003

He USED to be a great artis before but now , he is just soooo damnn egocentric!....why will you become the Anti Christ just to seel music and be famous...thats sad that just so sad
Azrael is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:33 PM   #19
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

The man is sick!
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 01:02 PM   #20
ye2ars
Starfighter
79 flights since Jan 2004

he rocks !
ye2ars is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 01:55 PM   #21
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

I saw a documentary on him on VH1 last night.

I pity him, now. The guy was smart enough to create a personality that could be switched on and off at will, a personality that made him polemic, and which made him money.

Unfortunatelly, he succumbed to that same personallity and the success it brought, so now, "Brian" is gone, and Marilyn Manson took over.

That's a real shame, and a display of weakness that I think goes right against what he "preaches".
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 02:15 PM   #22
ye2ars
Starfighter
79 flights since Jan 2004

Ya hes new cd isent that great

Loved Antichrist superstar though.
ye2ars is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 05:29 PM   #23
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

I do really like "The Beautifull People", though. Great combination of drums and guitar.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 09:01 PM   #24
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
I do really like "The Beautiful People", though.

That's one of my all time favourite songs.

MM is okay... and yes I too find him strangely attractive.
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 03:49 PM   #25
Simm442000
Wing Commander
483 flights since Aug 2003

He's a clown. I can't believe people get so uptight over this guy.

I do like some of his early stuff but his new stuff like "Fight song" suck's so much.
Simm442000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 01:27 PM   #26
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

I agree, I like the man for his intellect and unique point of view. And I love his old stuff, particularaly "Beutifull People", "Coma White", "Disposable Teens", and his remake of "Sweet Dreams"; originally done by the Eurythmics. And I like the video he did for Trent Reznor's "Star****ers", from The Fragile. Infact I like a lot of Manson's videos, very perverse and morbid.

Here you go Becks:

"Seeexy man, seeexy man...."- a singing Fat Bastard, Austin Powers.

Last edited by Kieraganion : Feb 11, 2004 at 01:37 PM.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 02:59 PM   #27
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

It's because he's tall.

(that's my usual reason for most things )
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 03:28 PM   #28
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
strangely attractive

He's got nothing on the strangely Kiefer Sutherlandy Eddie Izzard. Mmmmm.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:44 PM   #29
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

Marilyn Manson's image does not bother me, and personally I think his music is awesome, his music styles change a bit from album to album and to say that all his music sucks is just personal opinion, to each their own.
King is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]