Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: What are you? (Insert joke here)
Buddhist 1 2.94%
Hindu 0 0%
(Christian) Roman Catholic 2 5.88%
(Christian) Presbyterian 0 0%
(Christian) Variation 5 14.71%
Jewish 1 2.94%
Muslim 0 0%
Athiest (Militant) 4 11.76%
Athiest (Live and let live) 12 35.29%
Other (RELIGIONS YOU HAVE NAMED AFTER YOURSELF DON'T COUNT!) 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 30, 2004, 04:47 PM   #181
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004
Re: Caution! Religion!

are you saying things that you do often are religions?
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 04:51 PM   #182
Autechre
Sector Marshall
734 flights since Jan 2002

I was just under the impression that to have an ideology to be called a "religion" that there was some sort of criteria for it.. the word is thrown about so much its lost all meaning..

how appropriate =)
Autechre is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:47 AM   #183
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintessa
Well kick me silly and call me a goddam scientist! Public Rated version...

I realise this, but when you speak of a BELIEF as FACT, I just had to say something.

When have I ever stated anything I take on Faith to be FACT (and by fact I take it you mean a proveable instance of said phenomenon, ideal, whatever)? Quite the contrary.

This is an old thread, I don't recall exactly what the original discussion was about, but I am certain I never stated that anything I belief in terms of what I believe when it comes to matters of faith can or should be taken as indisputable fact.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:04 AM   #184
Autechre
Sector Marshall
734 flights since Jan 2002

don't worry, the majority of people never assumed it was.. =D
Autechre is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:43 AM   #185
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

do continue. I am enjoying the laugh.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 04:40 PM   #186
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith

When have I ever stated anything I take on Faith to be FACT (and by fact I take it you mean a proveable instance of said phenomenon, ideal, whatever)? Quite the contrary.

This is an old thread, I don't recall exactly what the original discussion was about, but I am certain I never stated that anything I belief in terms of what I believe when it comes to matters of faith can or should be taken as indisputable fact.

I admit, I chose my words poorly. Now, I apologize for bringing up this old thread, but as I was reading throught he posts, I decided to give my opinion. Now, fact may not be apropriate. Perhaps I should say that you consider what you believe to be the absolute truth. What I am saying is that you should be open to other things and then decide whether you think it is correct, or false. This is only in relation to the general posts of you, and more specifically the post I quoted. If I find a post of yours or any one for that matter that I would like to critique specifically, I would, or will, quote it.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]