Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Men in Black 3-D

Normally I'd be excited to see a new MIB film, however, after seeing Tropic Thunder and nearly walking out because it was so bad, I have grave misgivings about the script and it's writer

Quote:
Smith and Jones Back for 'Men in Black 3D'
by Christopher Campbell Apr 21st 2010 // 10:32AM

Looks like I'll have to wait for those sequels to Enemy of the State, Hancock and Independence Day a little longer, as Will Smith has officially signed on for a third outing of the Men in Black series along with Tommy Lee Jones, according to Barry Sonnenfeld. The director, who helmed the first two installments, told Roger Friedman of Showbiz 411 that he's ready to roll on Men in Black 3D -- and don't act surprised about that D at the end -- just as soon as the script is good to go.

Is the "awaited" script still the work of Tropic Thunder scribe Etan Cohen, who was reportedly halfway done with a first draft last October? Friedman didn't find out. Nor is there any update on the casting of Josh Brolin, who'd been linked to the part of a younger version of Jones' character, Agent K, for a plot involving time travel. But if Jones is indeed in, unexpectedly, perhaps the story has changed. That, or Jones has agreed to just appear in minimal, present-day capacity.

Friedman presumes Sony will push for MIB3D to hit theaters in a year due to the loss of Spider-Man 4 as a summer 2011 tentpole. Tradition would mean a July 1 release date, but that would put this up against Transformers 3. It also means the production does need to roll right away, though I'm the last person to think they'd care to take their time and deliver a quality sequel with a lot of substance. And that's sort of okay, since the MIB movies are at least enjoyable pieces of insignificant fluff. Thanks to the magic spectacle of 3D, the third movie will simply need some wild, screen-popping aliens and weaponry to get people in seats.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: Men in Black 3-D

Latest news...

Quote:
Rep explains 'Men In Black III' delay
Print Story Published: 11:11 am ShareThis Updated: 11:12 am

A studio representative has dismissed rumors the upcoming third film in the Men In Black series has been put on hold after one of its stars, Will Smith, fell out with producers over the script.

Smith is reprising his role as Agent J and he will reportedly be joined by his former co-star Tommy Lee Jones and new addition to the cast, Josh Brolin.

Filming was due to begin in New York this month but was pushed back until late November sparking rumors of a rift between Smith, director Barry Sonnenfeld and the picture's producers.

Reports suggested the actor was unhappy with the script and the shoot had been delayed following a series of arguments.

But a rep for Sony Pictures is adamant stories of an on-set dispute are not true and blames the delay on changes to New York's film incentive scheme, which aims to bring moviemakers to the state.

The spokesperson tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "The only reason production will begin in mid-November as opposed to late October is to take advantage of recent changes affecting New York State film incentives."

"Suggesting that a disagreement triggered the shift is complete fiction."

Copyright WENN.com
World Entertainment News Network

I though Emma Thompson was semi-retiring from acting after Nanny McPhee Returns LOL

Quote:
Story Published: 5:36 pm

Ageing 'it girl' BETTY WHITE has landed a cameo role in the new Men In Black movie.

Website BloodyDisgusting.com has confirmed the former Golden Girls star has signed on for a small part opposite Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin.

Meanwhile, Emma Thompson and Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger are in negotiations to play Agent Oh and Devil Girl in the film, which is expected to hit cinemas in 3-D in 2012.

Copyright WENN.com
World Entertainment News Network

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Oct 14, 2010 at 11:05 PM.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies