Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt. | I guideII guide

Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Predators: Next Week

Okay, so what used to be the most popular forum on here has kind of turned into my own personal Predator blog over the years. Fair enough.

But seeing all of the pre-release clips and reading some early reviews from those who have seen the film, it sounds like a truly worthy sequel has been made for Predator. None of the Alien vs. Predator crap with no big stars or credible directors. Just a pure, good old-fashioned fun camping trip with the Predators. Robert Rodriguez, Adrien Brody, Laurence Fishburne...it's almost like Fox wants to make a good movie!

I have no problem if they make more AvP movies so long as they make them with CREDIBLE actors and filmmakers. Not joke filmmakers like Anderson or the Strause brothers. Oh, and a credible story would be sweet too in addition to actors and directors.

My review of Predators though will undoubtedly be posted ASAP when I see the movie...can't wait!!!

Last edited by Phlub : Jul 7, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004
Re: Predators: Next Week

I dunno about this one. I loved the first predator, but every movie with a predator in it has just gotten worse and worse over the years.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

I just watched Predator 2 again, and I see nothing wrong with it or the story.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Well, the only way an AvP movie's going to work is if they give it a budget and set it in the future, as it should be. As for Predators, I'm still very much looking forward to it. As for Predator 2, well who doesn't love Danny Glover at his most raspy, yes I know he's always raspy but I'll wager that Predator 2 is up there in his top 5 of raspiest movies.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Of course he was raspy. I betcha he volunteered to visit King Willy on a regular basis, just to ride with the boys Want some Ganja, mon?
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:10 AM   #6
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Funnily enough I do, it's been about 3 and a half years since I smoked gear, after all this time I think one short inhalation would do for me.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 07:59 AM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

I got two words - Topher Grace. I mean seriously? How can this possibly be a serious movie?

Rodriguez is a clever director, very skilled at the tongue in cheek mixed with gratuitous violence. The first two Spy Kids entries proved he could work outside the sub-genre that he and Tarantino created, the retro - gloriously violent, noir, laugh at things we really shouldn't laugh at kind of movie.

The trailers look pretty standard and I will admit that's he's got Adrian Brody looking pretty bad ass. Heck, maybe they'll turn Topher into hamburger for laughs at some point.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]