Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Rendezvous with Rama (2007)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Mar 17, 2002, 12:53 PM   #1
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Rama

Does anyone know anything new on the upcoming Rendezvous with rama movie? All I know is that Morgan Freeman will be playing Commander Norton. Any info?
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 03:06 PM   #2
BalrogTim
X

No responses? Oh, well, I didn't expect much....
Old Mar 18, 2002, 05:43 PM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Believe me, I'm as eager as you are to get info on this. I wonder how they're going to portray the Raman robots... Have you ever played the PC game? It's very interesting, but very chalenging. Sometimes it feels like a math class, because it's puzzles are very complex. But, the background alone is worth it. You get an extra CD with an interview of A. C. Clarke, and a talk show, where each of the astronauts are interviewed about the upcoming mission. Very atmospheric, and a nice touch, that puts you on the future of Rama nicely. Also, when you die, A.C. Clarke shows up and gives you a few hints about the ship and it's dangers.
If you're a Rama fan, you'll love this game. I have.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 05:45 PM   #4
BalrogTim
X

All the info I got was from www.redezvouswithrama.com
Old Mar 18, 2002, 05:47 PM   #5
BalrogTim
X

http://www.rendezvouswithrama.com/
Retraction, the last link I posted wouldn't take me there. Try this one(I think they are the same, but try it anyway)
Old Mar 21, 2002, 03:09 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since

I hope the films can mirror the fantastic plots and storyline of the books. Is there much news of Rama II or The Garden of Rama or Rama Revealed?
Old Mar 21, 2002, 05:00 PM   #7
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

I believe it will depend on the success of the first film. But seeing how Rama is the type of Sci-Fi that appeals more to thinking than shooting, I believe it will be received with the same indiference as "A.I."
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2002, 09:20 PM   #8
BalrogTim
X

I hope not. It is truly sad when people think that the only good movies involve huge explosions and lots of guns. Why can't people sit down and watch something simple(well not THAT simple), but you get the idea.
I will see Rama the day it comes out. I will skip school to see Rama. It is my favorite sci-fi book series. It will hurt my soul if it is rated as mediocre.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 04:54 AM   #9
BillyG.Johnson
Apprentice
2 flights since Oct 2003
Rama movie

I was all excited about the rumor that it would be out by April, 2004. Now the rumor mill tells me it will be 2006 or later. Wah!
Get back to me if you wanna. I'm a Clarke fan from WAY BACK. I have also grown rather fond of the Clarke/Gentry Lee novels.
b. johnson.
BillyG.Johnson is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:31 AM   #10
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

i will be angry if they screw it up
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 06:32 PM   #11
lost
Pilot
19 flights since Oct 2006

Hope it happens, but i always thought if a film maker wanted to play it safe they should start with rama 2, as it would transfer a lot better to holywood. They could go throught the story of rama part 2 till 4, and then one day go back to rendezvous. The story for part one doesnt impact on part two in many ways, ans 2 - 4 are a chronological story, each dependent on its predecessor for plot details and direction.
lost is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 06:09 PM   #12
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

If they havent got a director yet. I would hope they choose Darren Aronofsky. I think he would be up to the task, from what i saw in "The Fountain".
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 06:57 PM   #13
rnolan110
Apprentice
1 flights since May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalrogTim
Does anyone know anything new on the upcoming Rendezvous with rama movie? All I know is that Morgan Freeman will be playing Commander Norton. Any info?
According to what's in IMDb it's 'scheduled' for release in 2009:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134933/
I read it first way back in the 1970's then over the years all the sequels (they did get a bit weird after Clarke teamed up with Gentry Lee). Personally I prefer Clarkes older stuff (1940-1960s).
I hope Mr.Clarke lives long enough to see it....
Some of the best Sci-Fi I've every read is from Edgar Rice Burroughs (the Tarzan author)...give his 5 volume Venus series or 13 volume Mars series a try. VERY imaginative for being written in the 1920s or so.
rnolan110 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Rendezvous with Rama (2007)