Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

View Poll Results: What's the best science fiction movie?
Star Wars movies (epsiodes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6) 0 0%
Demolition Man (starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes) 0 0%
Both Demolition Man and Star Wars (episodes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6) 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 30, 2003, 09:50 PM   #1
Sector Marshall
521 flights since Jan 2002
The best sci fi movies and sci fi fan fiction

I love Demolition Man and Star Wars. Star Wars had a saga to it. There was supposed to be 9 Star Wars movies. There is only going to be 6. I think that the Star Wars sequel trilogy should just be books and comics. Also the Demolition Man sequel should just be a novel and comic book/graphic novel adaption. Demolition Man should have a novel and graphic novel trilogy. The Geriatric Method would be both a novel and comic book adaption. Part 1 of the novel trilogy is the 2 tales of John Spartan and Dana Crystal Harris. Part 2 is about the forming of San Angeles. Part 3 we know is the Geriatric Method. Part 1 of the comic book/graphic novel trilogy is about the days when the cryo-prison was beginning (what could've been a movie prequel). Part 2 is about tales on various characters (the police department on the city wide manhunt, Edgar Friendly with the scraps and John Spartan). The John Spartan tales should be the cut out scenes of the real version re made. I think that the remaking of cut out scenes could improve on the movie. Blade Runner had a video game based on it 15 years after the release. Also there should be Star Wars Jedi Tales. There is also going to be a series of Star Wars novels that explain what ever happens to Padme Amadila-Skywalker. We could in the jedi tales see Plo Koon fight Darth Rage, that Sifo Dios was killed by Darth Sidious and Yoda's master allot younger killed Darth Bane. Also years later clones of Jango Fett and Zam Wessel creating a bounty hunter circus. There Gavin Darklighter was killed by Dengar and Luke Skywalker killed Dengar. We could even find out what happens to Simon Phoenix's accomplices near the conclusion of Demolition Man. There were there and then they simply vanished. They were minor characters and Demolition Man wasn't a too successful movie back then. More people could do Star Wars fan fiction than Demolition Man fan fiction. Just remember. I wasn't connected to the Internet when I did fan fiction on Star Wars and Demolition Man both. I logged on and copied my fan fiction and pasted onto the Internet. I hope that you all know how to do it from microsoft word, microsoft works 5.1 and wordperfect. How to do it is left click the mouse and drag the cursor at the same time. Right click on the highlightings. Left click on copy. Then on the thread (when posting a new thread or sending an e-mail) right click and then left click on paste and your writings are posted. There's no chance of anyone who would write Demolition Man fan fiction because they don't have time. Demolition Man had some Star Wars reference to it.
demolition18 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:37 PM   #2
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Re: The best sci fi movies and sci fi fan fiction

Hey Demo18, make this a memo....

Not everyone likes what you do. Demo Man sucked big!

And Star Wars isn't the best SciFi series. Thats to hard of a topic to really decide fully on.

And plus best scifi movies??? I don't know anyone here whose favorite movies are Demo Man or Star Wars. Your forgetting what other people like also such as.....

12 Monkeys
Dark City
Clockwork Orange
Jurassic Park
Minority Report

Its essentially impossible to make an accurate poll if the only choices you include are Demolition Man (4/10---it was awful) and Star Wars.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2003, 06:19 PM   #3
380 flights since Aug 2002
Reply to the poll

I used to really like the "Star Wars" series, but, now, I'm beginning to lose interest in it. I think that Episodes IV-VI are okay. They are not that great, but they are rather interesting. The prequels are very poor movies, in my opinion.

I thought that "Demolition Man" was okay. I did not think that it was very good, but I did not think that it was bad, either.

In my opinion, the best sci-fi movies are "12 Monkeys" and the "Alien" and the "Matrix" movies.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 01:28 AM   #4
Wing Commander
157 flights since Apr 2002

***edited by eidolon because kiatsu is on his first warning for flaming***

three warnings and you're out of here, kiastu. learn to contribute to the community in a well-mannered way or leave.

Last edited by eidolon : Jul 23, 2003 at 07:31 PM.
Kiatsu is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 03:36 AM   #5
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: The best sci fi movies and sci fi fan fiction

Kiatsu: please refrain from flaming in offworld. The poll in question was only voted on by you, and the shadow profiles of a moro- erm... former spammer who has since then decided to mend his ways and to become a productive member of the SQUAD. What exactly is your problem?
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum