Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Species (1995, 1998) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Species (1995, 1998) [movie series]

Men cannot resist her. Mankind may not survive her. | I guideII guide

Old Nov 25, 2001, 12:13 AM   #1
striderteen
Starfighter
92 flights since Nov 2001
Re: Feelings toward Sil?

What do you think of Sil? Besides the obvious in that she's incredibly hot and that she's also a deadly alien, I mean.

I feel sorry for her, honestly. I mean, she's a sentient being, and the government treats her like some lab rat...remember, the lab guys were going to terminate her simply because they were done!

WTF???

She may be an alien/human hybrid, but she's sentient and therefore, from the standpoint of moral philosophy, has a right to live.
striderteen is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2002, 06:41 PM   #2
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002

I felt bad for her because I know that an alien, as of right now, cannot perfectly co-exist in a society that is bent on destruction and war.

Poor Sil. Poor, sexy Sil.
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2002, 06:34 PM   #3
justanotherfan
Apprentice
2 flights since May 2002

I didn't see much of the first movie, so I have no opinion on "Sil." I did, however, see the second movie and I think "Eve" (The alien hybrid from the second movie) was treated poorly.

Even before she broke out they did some pretty nasty experiments on her.

I don't blame her for breaking out, either. 20-something years of being locked up with no men and no sex would make me pretty hostle, too...especially around a guy as hot as "Patrick Ross."
justanotherfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 06:08 AM   #4
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003

Initially you feel sorry for Sil, but as it develops it becomes apparent that her true nature is as an extermination or de-facto invasion device and that the urge to destroy her may have been a gut survival instinct against impending doom...

After seeing the sheer destructive power of Sil you really have to wonder what would posess anyone to make another. This is much like in Alien, only the terminally stupid would want to have a thing like that around.

In a way, portraying her as a sympathetic character early on makes her gradual transformation and escalating cruelty all the more vivid.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2003, 08:04 AM   #5
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

I found i sad that she was created just to see what would happen. But she had to die or she would have put us on the endangered species list.
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:17 PM   #6
oneuglymotherf***er
n/a flights since

I thught Sil was more of a vilan then Eve. Sil wanted to wipe out the human race i didnt simpathise with her as much as i did with Eve. Sil was just an animal, a dustructive she-b**h that was a threat to mankind. Eve was very human she had thoughts that didnt realy on instinct... well ecpept at the very end but she got over that pretty quick. She was just lonly and wanted more of her own kind, she didnt want to kill off the humans, like Patrick and sil did.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:02 AM   #7
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderteen
What do you think of Sil?
Well...

Quote:
Besides the obvious in that she's incredibly hot and that she's also a deadly alien
Damn it... *leaves thread*
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Species (1995, 1998) [movie series]