Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Scanner Darkly, A (2006)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Scanner Darkly, A (2006)

In a drug-infested world where 20% of the population are government spies, a reluctant recruit is ordered to snoop on his friends. | guide

Old Apr 13, 2004, 06:57 AM   #1
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003
A Scanner Darkly

March 30, 2004 - Keanu Reeves To Star in Film Adaptation of PHILIP K. DlCK's A Scanner Darkly Directed by Rick Linklater

Variety reports that Keanu Reeves is set to star in "A Scanner Darkly" for director Richard Linklater ("School of Rock.") The film will be based on a PHILIP K. DlCK short story, with Linklater penning the latest draft of the screenplay. "A Scanner Darkly" will employ the same technology Linklater used in "Waking Life": It will be shot live-action, then animated.

The film tells the story of undercover agents in the future who change their faces and identities. Reeves will play an agent who develops a split personality.

The film will also be produced by George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh's company Section 8 and shooting is set to begin in May.

Last edited by videonaut : Apr 13, 2004 at 07:14 AM.
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 03:30 AM   #2
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: A Scanner Darkly

was it a good book? Keanu hasnt been doing that well outside of the Matrix films, you know. . .
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 05:24 AM   #3
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003

Quote:
"A Scanner Darkly" will employ the same technology Linklater used in "Waking Life": It will be shot live-action, then animated.

I was wondering about the style of animation. Did anyone see "Waking Life"?
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:17 PM   #4
narobi foss
Starfighter
73 flights since May 2004

god no. don`t make this.
narobi foss is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 04:55 PM   #5
UFO
Pilot
27 flights since May 2004

Adaptions of PKDs works are hit an miss. If the screenwriter misinterprets the work ( and a ***** is cast as the lead) you can have a palpable miss. Then toss in some funky animation (that I'm not familiar with).

Sounds like a bad idear.
UFO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 01:49 PM   #6
UFO
Pilot

FYI...A Scanner Darkly filming info (with pictures).

http://www.philipkdick.com/films_scanner-061204.html
Old Jun 14, 2004, 07:27 PM   #7
UFO
Pilot

If you want to know what the animation style looks like, click below.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...king_life.html

(sigh) Well, the drug induced animation style certainly will fit with the story. Definately an arthouse type release.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies > Scanner Darkly, A (2006)