Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt. | I guideII guide

Old Aug 9, 2003, 08:11 PM   #1
tnadeau
Apprentice
3 flights since Aug 2003
The musket pistol trophy at the end of Predator 2

Does anybody know if the name on the trophy pistol given to Danny Glover at the end of Predator 2 is a real name? It looks something like Raphael Aidolimi-1715. I tried various combinations to see if I could find anything out about this pistol or the name on it. Is there any historical significance to the name on the pistol? I do understand that the pistol itself means the Predators have been taking Safari's to Earth for a long time. Can anyone tell me anything about the pistol or it's previous owner?
Thanks!
tnadeau is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 03:13 AM   #2
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: The musket pistol trophy at the end of Predator 2

I haven't a clue whether or not the gun's unlucky former owner was of any actual historical significance or not, but I can tell you that the only thing more intriguing than the pistol trophy at the end of Predator 2 was the trophy of one of Giger's Alien skulls on the upper-right of the wall of polished skull bones from various hunts. Whether just a whimsical nod by the director/writer to Giger and/or Cameron or an intended placement, the presence of the skull has all kinds of implications.

-Ph8tr1x
Old Aug 14, 2003, 09:47 PM   #3
tnadeau
Apprentice
3 flights since Aug 2003
Predator 2 Musket Pistol

I saw the Alien skull in the background, too. Very thought provoking, but given the fact that the Alien's only weapon was it's formidible teeth and jaws, the Predators weaponry would have kicked butt. An easy victory and an "unusual" skull for the Pred's collection!
Old Aug 17, 2003, 08:35 AM   #4
YautjaKShai
Starfighter
98 flights since Oct 2001

The name on the gun is Raphael Adolini and the date is 1715, however, I highly doubt that there is any real person of any importance with that name. I think the name and date was simply created to demonstrate that not only have they been hunting Earth for centuries, but quite possibly, the gun was won on a hunt by the Leader himself, telling us that they can live a very, very long time.

As far as the alien skull in the trophy case goes, it was an intentional addition to the film put in as a joke, but it sparked a wide interest in seeing Alien Vs. Predator come to life on the big screen. In 1993, Dark Horse and Hero started printing the first comics and promos respectively of Alien Vs. Predator. In 1995 Capcom made AvP into a 3 player arcade game, and in 1997 the game was adapted for the Atari Jaguar system. Now, there is Alien Vs. Predator 1 & 2 for the PC, and an Alien Vs. Predator is comic out for the XBox (I think -- Maybe PS2). Also, in 1997 Joss Whedon drew up the first script for Alien Vs. Predator. The script, based off the 1994 book by Steve & Stephanie Perry, Alien Vs. Predator : Prey, was initially accepted by Fox for production, but due to various factors, was rejected.

In 2001 Paul Anderson started writing his own script for Alien Vs. Predator and by late 2002 and early 2003, there were rumors that AvP was being developed. But instead, the other movie, also caught in development hell with AvP was made and released this past Friday. So never mind seeing an Alien Vs. Predator film any time soon, everybody - you'll just have to deal with Freddy Vs. Jason instead.

Personally, I think that AVP could be an excellent movie, if well done and carefully created. However, since Hollywood doesn't seem to be able to put any heart behind what they make, and simply want lots of explosions and really good computer graphics (ie T3, and FvJ), I would rather not see an AvP made any time soon.

~K'Shai
YautjaKShai is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 10:49 AM   #5
tnadeau
Apprentice
3 flights since Aug 2003
Trophy Pistol at the end of Predator 2

Thanks all for your feedback. After trying all spelling combinations of the name on the pistol, I too came to the conclusion that it was a fictitious name and date to show how long Predators have been hunting on Earth - as well as how long they can live. I'm not sure how a battle between a Predator and an Alien would go as I still feel that a Predator has the edge considering their armament and weaponry. However, I feel it's also true that in a "hand to hand" battle, Alien would be victorious. If a PvA flick is ever made I suppose this question will finally be answered. Time will tell.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:40 AM   #6
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

Just thought you will find this interesting in the book predator2 the gun is ingraved 1640 not 1715 weird huh?
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2003, 12:32 PM   #7
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

hmmm, mistake? :P
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 07:01 AM   #8
YautjaKShai
Starfighter
98 flights since Oct 2001

There's o h so many discrepencies between the different media that Predator is printed. Has anyone ever read Prey, War, and Hunter's Planet... there's some major discrepencies between War & HP.

~K'Shai
YautjaKShai is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 12:26 PM   #9
King
Wing Commander

haven't read too many predator books yet, only aliens.

but for the pred books, different authors for different books? happens alot in any series that have different authors
like with star wars
u get these stupid authors that make new books and totally screw up the timeline of the old books

ex. they killed chewie, wtf?
Old Aug 20, 2003, 03:02 PM   #10
broken tusk
Wing Commander

yes in the first predator book from the movie the predator can control the minds of the jungle animals.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 01:33 AM   #11
Unregistered
n/a flights since

In 1715, a group of settlers headed by Raphael Adolini, mysteriously vanished without a trace. All of their personal possesions were found, but not a single body was ever recovered. I believe the writeres drew upon this bizzare occurence and thought that it fit into the Predator mythology perfectly.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 02:03 AM   #12
King
Wing Commander

cool
Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:53 AM   #13
broken tusk
Wing Commander

that cool totally kick ass man!
Old Aug 25, 2003, 04:27 PM   #14
Azrael
Wing Commander
442 flights since Jul 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
In 1715, a group of settlers headed by Raphael Adolini, mysteriously vanished without a trace. All of their personal possesions were found, but not a single body was ever recovered. I believe the writeres drew upon this bizzare occurence and thought that it fit into the Predator mythology perfectly.

Wow now the ending have sence for me! thankx! where did you found this information?
Azrael is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:32 AM   #15
broken tusk
Wing Commander

yea where did you find that info.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]