Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt. | I guideII guide

Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:26 AM   #1
Jimipred
n/a flights since
Predator 2 Special Edition DVD

Hi all,

I was just surfing Amazon.com and found a release date for this dvd.

25 Jan 2005.

No more information except its 2 discs and the cover photo is quite cool.

Jimipred
Old Jan 8, 2005, 03:12 PM   #2
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Re: Predator 2 Special Edition DVD

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 04:35 PM   #3
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

Sweeeet I can't wait to buy it!!!! Special Edition Predator was cool but it looks like this one will have more extras on it.
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 06:54 PM   #4
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Apparently so.

Does anybody know just what the documentaries included with this will entail or not?

Because the Predator SE was very good and was a fantastic purchase. This should be good as well.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 07:12 PM   #5
box
n/a flights since

what exactly was on the Predator SE? Deleted scenes? Commentary? Behind the scenes footage?
Old Jan 12, 2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

According to www.Amazon.com, Predator SE :

Product Details

Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers
Director: John McTiernan

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)

Format: Color, Widescreen, Dolby, Collector's Edition, DTS Surround Sound

Aspect Ratio(s): 1.85:1

Audio Encoding: DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 1.0, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo

Rated: Not for sale to persons under age 18.
Studio: Fox Home Entertainme
DVD Release Date: August 10, 2004
Run Time: 107

DVD Features:
Available subtitles: English, Spanish
Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 1.0), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
Includes Movie Cash coupon for one theatrical admission to Alien vs. Predator

Commentary by John McTiernan

Text commentary by film journalist/historian Eric Lichtenfield

Deleted scene: Arnold Schwarzenegger Fleeing Predator

"If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It: The Making of Predator" documentary

Inside the Predator: seven featurettes

Deleted scene and three outtakes

Three Predator "red suit" special effects

Two Predator camouflage tests

Photo gallery

Predator profile
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:02 PM   #7
broken tusk
Wing Commander

Yeah it's that cool. The P2 dvd is suppose to have a diffrent begening.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 12:17 AM   #8
Slash
Starfighter
137 flights since Aug 2003

Anyone purchase the DVD yet, my sister bought me Predator 2 SE DVD and Blockbuster Exclusive AvP Collector's Gift so I'm hoping to recieve them soon
Slash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 11:36 PM   #9
Slash
Starfighter

Finally got my Predator 2 SE DVD

Great film presented in Anamorphic Widescreen. The DVD isn't as well made as the Predator SE DVD. It has an outer case that you pull off and there is a new Predator 2 cover with the Predator holding a human skull over the city landscape.

There is a small booklet with pictures and the 2 discs are places in flippers which I thought was kind of cheapo, but then again Predator 2 was never considered a high grade film.

I'm listening to the Stephen Hopkins commentary as I type. A huge improvment over McTiernan but it isn't an award winning commentary by any means. He is very subdued and modest. Very likable. A few highlights

- When Danny Glover says "**** Yourself" Stephen jokes, "hmm that's about the 100th **** yourself in this film."

- Says Pred 2 was the first film rated NC - 17. But I'm pretty sure Scarface and Robocop were given X ratings.

- Talks about how at one point it was supposed to be Danny Glover and Arnold in the film and how Arnold chose T2 instead. He was very candid saying Arnold made the right choice, but caught himself saying he wished Arnold could have done Predator 2.

- Talks about the Good Morning America incident

- Speaks alot about the film making aspects, how they are out of date, hard to do...

- Some scenes that mimic the original Predator were done so on purpose. ie. "You're One Ugly Mother****er"

- Joel Silver trademark to have the Predator crash into some "everyday persons" house

- Concerned about the ending; pitting a normal human against a Predator

- Danny liked watching the L.A. Lakers, and he got some of them to play the Predators at the end

- Modestly and subtly defends the urban envirnoment in which the story takes place, and I agree with him.

- Talks about a sequel

Still have to listen to the Thomas Brother's commentary, they might have a little more insight into the Predator character, its mythos and what they tried to add to the film franchise

And I also still have to view the 2nd disc which includes the special features and documentaries.

EDIT: I hate buying Canadian DVD's, they have ****ing french writing all over it.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 04:18 AM   #10
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

Same here its about time they learned fvcking English......
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:51 PM   #11
Slash
Starfighter

The Hunters And The Hunted Documentary

Some notes on The Hunters and Hunted Documentary

- Interesting part of the script, when Keyes is explaining the events of Predator to Harrigan, Anna's is shown explaining what happened.

- Kevin Peter Hall mentions how the Predator "breaks all the rules"

- I think this is really interesting. Gary Busey as you all know is a little crazy (ie. I'm With Busey) but from what I understood he said this. He reveals that is was his character Peter Keyes who set up the first CIA mission in Central America and that the character Dutch was "lost" 9 weeks after the events of the first film.

- Then Stephen Hopkins says they lost Arnold because he was going to do Terminator 2: Judgment Day. So I'm not sure what Busey was exactly saying, whether he meant Arnold himself or Arnold's character Dutch.

- Ruben Blade's interview on Good Morning America was the last live interview ever because of the incident with Stephen Hopkins.

- Glover says "Harrigan" rhymes with "arrogant" and that's basically who his character is.

- KPH's hero was Danny much like Arnold when he worked with in '87.

- Busey goes on a hilarious tirade during the slaughterhouse scene, I'm not going to even bother typing it but it's freakin' hilarious.

- Gary Busey ; Dec. 4th, 1988 was in a motorcycle crash that legally killed him for a few minutes. Said he had an out of body experience and went out to the other side.

- Rooftop scene in which Predator get his arm severed by Danny was real dangerous.

- Danny jokes around with the trophy case in the Predator ship

- Stan's idea to put the Alien head in the Trophy Case

- Elder Predator (Kevin Peter Hall) suit is the original Predator suit with some tweaks.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:33 AM   #12
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

Man that DVD sounds really good.

I gotta buy that....how much was it Slash?
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 08:03 PM   #13
Slash
Starfighter

Ya man, it's not bad, I was suprised there were no Deleted Scenes, I'm assuming they kept everything they filmed.

I payed $19.99 (Cdn) at Blockbuster and $38.99 (Cdn) for the Blcokbuster DVD Boxest for AvP
Old Feb 2, 2005, 06:27 PM   #14
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

Yeah, they may have done that. Man, no deleted scenes? that's kinda weird though.. oh well, I'd definatly still buy it.

Yea, that's not a bad price either, but I dont think I'd buy AVP for that much money.

I mean, you end up paying about that much money for a regular dvd anyway, so this one would be more than worth it, in my humble little opinion.
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 09:17 PM   #15
broken tusk
Wing Commander

The wal-mart were I live will sell new movie really cheap the frist day they are out so I got the Predator 2 SE for a steal. $13.95.
That's the cheaps dvd I have ever bought and it was well worth it.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]