Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt. | I guideII guide

Old Mar 11, 2002, 05:57 AM   #1
Carl Weathers
Apprentice
4 flights since Mar 2002
Re: King Willie

What's your opinion about King Willie,
Carl Weathers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2002, 07:01 AM   #2
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

I thihk he is awesome! I wish he wasn't killed so early. I wish he wasn't killed at all!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2002, 03:20 PM   #3
Predator Leader
Pilot
17 flights since Dec 2001

He was pretty cool, he shouldn't have been killed so early, he should've been explored and developed a bit more...
Predator Leader is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2002, 03:49 PM   #4
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Yeah but they tried to develop him before his only scene. And they developed him by having the Jamicans make it sound like he is God. Actually I think he was fully "developed" its just that he just should have had more screen time b/c he is awesome!
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2002, 04:12 PM   #5
Unregistered
n/a flights since

He shouldn't have died so early, I agree. It was a shock really, I didn't expect him to die then, I just thought they will let him do something important first than die. Anyway, King Willie was pretty good, and he was honourable considering he wanted to fight the Pred.
Old Mar 24, 2002, 07:31 PM   #6
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002

may i qoute cool runnings in my description of him 'he has pride, power, he's a bad ass mother, that won't take no lip off of no one!"

i thought he was cool, although it was hard to understand what he said, but he was cool

i think he kinda played the role that billy played in pred 1

billy: "theres something out there, and it aint no man"
willy: "u never see the demon until its right in front of u, man"
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2002, 05:46 AM   #7
YautjaKShai
Starfighter
98 flights since Oct 2001
Lightbulb Re: King Willie

Correction... King Willie says

"You can' see the eyes of the Demon until him come callin'"

With a thick Jamacain accent.

-K'Shai
YautjaKShai is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2002, 07:45 AM   #8
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002

Quote:
You can' see the eyes of the Demon until him come callin'"
same thing really it's also a coincedence how both billy and willy tried to defend themselves and not run away
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2002, 06:18 AM   #9
jisushika
Apprentice
2 flights since Mar 2002
Unhappy Re: King Willie

yea king willie was kool and i didn' t want him to die that early but don't you think how he talked was kinda annoying

In any war, warriors die, innocents die. It is the nature of war
jisushika is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2002, 06:46 AM   #10
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

King Willie was a character that had a lot of potential. He was bound to die, but could've had a bit more participation in the Pred hunt.
And I agree it was mighty valiant and honourable of him to face the Pred with nothing more than a short sword. I think even the Pred was schocked by it because if you notice it, he doesn't attack immediately. HE stands in front of Kig Willie for a sec, weapons drwan, kinda like thinking "What the bloody hell is this prey thinking?"
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2003, 02:23 AM   #11
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

That's my favourite part of Predator 2. The Predator is just standing there in front of him, ominously, and you can tell something utterly horrible is impending. Also, when the Pred is approaching King Willie in the water you can barely see it...it looks SO cool.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 04:37 AM   #12
Stoppable
Pilot
30 flights since Oct 2003

there is no stopping wath cant be stopped there are no killing wath cant be killed this thing that killing your people and mine its from the other side you cant see the eyes of the deamon until he come calling that is dread MN
Stoppable is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:59 PM   #13
Zeleni-Prizpak
Recruit Pilot
5 flights since Dec 2003

Despite of being a criminal drug lord, he was cool and honourable... I believe the Predator respected KingWillie's humble choice of using just a saber as defense weapon and that's why it seems that the Predator only used his blades, instead of shooting KingWillie at long range.
Zeleni-Prizpak is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 01:45 PM   #14
Hulij-bpe_Guan
Wing Commander
236 flights since Feb 2004
Location: Yautja Homeworld; sometimes on a blooded-only hunt ship.

king willy rocked. i think that they should have went a little more in depth on willy's fight with the pred. biily's too. i think the pred stopped thinking of willy so much as prey, and started half-thinking of him as a challenging warrior. a yautja with any honor at all can't pass up a challenge.
Hulij-bpe_Guan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:33 PM   #15
Heavy Predator
Starfighter
76 flights since Jun 2005
Question Re: King Willie

Now, this might not be word for word or it might not even be correct, but I thought I heard ((In Predator: Concrete Jungle)) El Hongo say to his guard, " I heard King Willy didnt die with all of his men," on the one level when your following him. If he did say this, how would El Hongo know him?
Heavy Predator is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]