Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Oct 16, 2004, 04:18 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
To Ramses: An Exposition of Current Adminstrative Problems at SciFlicks

Hello Ramses:

We are aware from your recent posting that you are unavailable to reached for approximately six months, due to your schedule. As this is understood, we also take into account your absence, and the monolithic task of reacquainting yourself not only with the site as it is now, but with the problems, many and various, great and small, that have arisen while you were away.

So what this is, in a nutshell, is an attempt to set out the more immediate and critical issues that the members wish for you to address, should you have the time. Hopefully, this will save you a from bombardment of PMs and requests to clean this or that, set mods here or there, and in the end, nothing will be left undone or slip through the cracks in the flurry of activity.

Ok, some of the specific issues:

1) The need for new Moderators in Offworld.
At this point in the evolution of SciFlicks, the Moderators that are currently overseeing Offworld have long since taken a last flight into oblivion. Please help by appointing new, currently residing members as Moderators in order to alleviate this problem.

2) The need for new Moderators in the movie forums.
Again, the movie forums are under attack by Unregistered trolls. Often, an unregistered will simply post a link to their great and wonderous site, which has nothing at all to do with science fiction movies. I understand that a requirement for Moderators was some level of knowledge about the forums they moderate, and I can say with conviction that SciFlicks at current is littered with faithful members who are not only dedicated, but capable of the job. Please help in this area by appointing moderators for all unmoderated forums, and new moderators for the forums that have moderators in name only.

3) The Unregistered posting problem.
I do not know how to explain this problem exept to say that this forum is under attack by Unregistereds. There is no easy way to say that Unregistereds are trolling Offworld and the movie forums, and also the Pilot's Mess. A solution to this problem is to make Registration a requirement of posting. I, for one, enjoy the freedom of SciFlicks: the unmoderated Mess, the ability to post unregistered, etc. If you do not wish to stop unregistered posting, perhaps a compromise can be reached by instating more active moderators for the non-Mess forums. This would leave the Mess the only forum open to unstoppable attack by vicious unregistered trolls.

4) Cleaning up of the forums.
I am sure that you are already aware that many of the movies in Upcoming Movies are already old movies by now, and still, many "new" movies are not available for discussion unless a member posts a specific thread. Additionally, many of the single threads in "Upcoming Movies" could be aggregated and put in their own movie category in the movie forums. I am not sure whether this problem can be solved by a moderator or whether it would take you as the only administrator of this site to do it.

Old Oct 17, 2004, 07:24 PM   #2
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002
Re: To Ramses: An Exposition of Current Adminstrative Problems at SciFlicks

And Ramses, if you have time, ban this racist idiot from the site, all right?
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:15 PM   #3
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

BUMP
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

5. Mods with better powers should you (Ramses) not be planning on taking a more significant, constant role in governing sciflicks.

(Consider that a vote of confidence to the current mods, btw)

EDIT: Current ACTIVE mods.

Last edited by Quintessa : Apr 26, 2005 at 04:29 PM.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 03:02 AM   #5
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I nominate Tack to take over from !Nightblade! and Eidolon,

he's usually always here, and he's a good person, most of the time
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 07:33 AM   #6
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

I think every forum should be supervised with at least 2 active moderators.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:16 AM   #7
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

I find that if we ignore these problems that they just go away.

this post is brought to you in part by JACKER's unwillingness to care about spam since 2001.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 09:07 PM   #8
niggers_Suck
Pilot
16 flights since Jun 2004
U fuc[i][/i]kin queer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lt_Johnny_Rico
And Ramses, if you have time, ban this racist idiot from the site, all right?

just because it is fun to sit here and make fun of little faggy queers sitting in their basements eating cheetos out of their mommys ass cracks doesnt mean that i should be banned. but i think u should be banned for beein a queer and trying to get me banned. what kind of loser does that. this is a forum u ****ing queer its for pplz to come and have fun and talk or whatever the **** we wanna do, but i think little faggots such as urself should just leave purely for the fact of being a nerdy mommas boy. queer.
niggers_Suck is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 07:16 AM   #9
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

See Ramses, this is the kinda crap we put up with.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:27 PM   #10
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Post Re: To Ramses: An Exposition of Current Adminstrative Problems at SciFlicks

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that incompetent "administrator" (Hey, Ramses, look this word up!) to return.
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:44 AM   #11
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

I sense some anger UY.....hmmm....
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:23 AM   #12
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by UltimateYautja
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that incompetent "administrator" (Hey, Ramses, look this word up!) to return.

Actually, he has returned. Changes are taking and will take place. You've waited months, you can wait a few more days, right?
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 03:56 AM   #13
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata

Actually, he has returned. Changes are taking and will take place. You've waited months, you can wait a few more days, right?

no, we're an impatient and demanding lot, when we want something, we want it last year.

and seriously who can blame UY for feeling so let down? for a long time we had no idea ramses was even coming back, then when he did come back he asked us not to contact him,

fair enough, the guy needs some privacey and doesn't need a bunch of us ringing him up in the middle of the night, but wouldn't it have been better to say

"hey, guys please stop ringing me, here's an email so you can contact me whenever you need to, please use it wisely"
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 04:15 AM   #14
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Hey, he's banned Unregistereds from votoing, he's redeemed himself Adminstrative-wise in my eyes. It would be nice if he were around more, but he's been back twice in a few months which is really good enough for me. If it's a few more months till he comes back and moves forums around and gives Mods Modpowers, well, that's fine with me.

I now cease my grumbling
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 04:28 AM   #15
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Give us mods or give us spam.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems