Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

With great power comes great responsibility. | I guide

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:06 AM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
First Pic of Venom

Wallpaper from the official site - Eddie Brock becoming Venom!

HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:11 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: First Pic of Venom

Painful-looking. Painful-looking and scary.

I like it, creepy though it is.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:24 AM   #3
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

I just wonder if they are going to make venom 100% CGI or will they use the rubber suit in the more "static" scenes.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:28 AM   #4
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

The temptation will be to have him 100% CGI - they might even pull it off. Though I doubt it. The best special effects always seem to come from a decent mix of physical and computer effects (eg - Jurassic Park)
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

It does look very cool. On the CGI thing though, it depends on if they'll make him all super muscley like in the comics, or if he'll retain his normal body structure. Cause if he stayed the same, they could use less CGI on him.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:49 AM   #6
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

More on Venom:

Quote:
Venom Won Over Spidey 3's Raimi

Spider-Man 3 director Sam Raimi told SCI FI Wire that he was at first reluctant to make the sequel's big villain the alien-human hybrid Venom, a fan favorite to be played by Topher Grace, and that the SF nature of Venom didn't fit neatly in the more realistic world of the Spider-Man movies. "Avi Arad—[the former Marvel chief] who's really got his pulse on all the Marvel fans better than any head of a corporation has ever understood those people who are interested in the corporation's product—he really knows what those kids want," Raimi said in a group interview at Comic-Con International in San Diego over the weekend. "And he said, 'You know, you've ... had two Spider-Man pictures. This third one, there's so many kids, so many fans of Spider-Man, [who] want to see Venom, even if you didn't grow up with him. They want to see him. So you've got the Sandman [Thomas Haden Church]. That's one of your favorite villains. Why don't you bring Venom in also and make those kids, the fans of Venom, happy.' And that's what I thought we should do."

Raimi added that he was won over once he saw how screenwriter Alvin Sargent made use of the character, not to mention how Grace played him and his human alter ego, Eddie Brock. "Now that I've seen Topher Grace perform and saw what Alvin Sargent did with the script—he created a great character, really filled out Eddie Brock into a very meaningful character—and Tobey [Maguire, who plays Peter Parker/Spider-Man,] has a great energy with him in the few scenes that they play together as competitors, and I really like him now."

Venom is the combination of a black alien goo and Eddie Brock, who is a rival of Peter Parker's both in journalism and for the hand of Mary Jane Watson, played by Kirsten Dunst.

As for the science-fiction nature of the Venom storyline, Raimi said: "There's a lot of fantastic elements about Venom that you could say are in conflict with the realism that we wanted to have in the picture. But we just said to ourselves, 'Kirsten and Tobey, you'll have to do the heavy lifting here to bring it back down to Earth, because there's this wild goo from outer space, and you're just going to have to connect us to the characters.'" Spider-Man 3 is in post-production and will premiere May 4, 2007.

Personally, the venom story arc was the primary story arc when I was an avid fan of the comics (1981 - 1990) and I am seriously fired up. The villians thusfar have been more "classic" villians from the 60's and 70's, more famous probably because of the cartoon series than the comics. The buzz around this film already has me in orbit, can't imagine how I will feel by May!
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]