Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

With great power comes great responsibility. | I guide

Old Dec 9, 2002, 09:05 PM   #16
MasterYautja
Wing Commander
193 flights since Jul 2002
Re: Osborne didnt die in the comicbook/cartoon, he had psychiatric treatment and went wel

Ok, its the LIZARD, and...Bruce Campbell? Ugh...
MasterYautja is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2002, 04:49 AM   #17
yautjatraker
Pilot
23 flights since Nov 2002
Re: Osborne didnt die in the comicbook/cartoon, he had psychiatric treatment and went wel

fiendguy76, i have only read the start of the spidey comics (bought the 5 annuals recently) and would love to know what you mean by:

. I loved this movie exept for the only part that didn't go with what happened in the comics. Other spidey readers will know what I'm talking about.

please send me a private message about this

doc ock WILL be the next villian, and possiably the lizrd and black cat will be in it.
yautjatraker is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 09:25 PM   #18
MasterYautja
Wing Commander
193 flights since Jul 2002

Black Cat? Oh boats... you just know their gonna cast someone PAINFULLY wrong for the role, juuust like Toby! And the girl who played Mary Jane? Lunch coming...
MasterYautja is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2003, 04:25 AM   #19
T1000
Pilot
18 flights since Jul 2003

Come on, you're being a wee bit harsh on MJ. She was good in the film. I thought Toby's voice was spot on for spiderman. Who would you have preferred to play the webbed one?
T1000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2003, 07:13 PM   #20
Briy
Apprentice
4 flights since Oct 2003

You guys aren't as right as you think you are regarding some of the stuff you've said... I don't know much about the up-coming movie but that's because I've decided not to look into it however I do know a lot about the comics! So I'm going to give you my opinion about the things mentioned:

Firstly I think you guys need to read some more of the Goblin issues... there are five 'Green Goblins' in total: Norman, Harry and Normie Osborn, but Phil Urich (Ben Urich's nephew) and Dr. Bart Hamilton (Harry Osborn's psychiatrist) also don the green suit at some point.

(However for the purpose of this discussion you don't need to worry about Normie, Spider-Girl is the only series that he's been the goblin).

Norman (the first Green Goblin) was killed and it happened in almost the same way he died in the movie; he was impaled by his glider. Harry, who had witnessed his father's death, removed the Goblin costume so that the authorities only found Norman Osborn.

Then while in the morgue, the formula that granted Norman his increased strength, intelligence, and insanity also gave him superhuman healing ability, which caused his wounds to regenerate letting him escape. Afterwards he replaced his body with that of a drifter who he murdered and impaled through the chest. While this was happening Harry was busy covering up the shame of his father's alter-ego by bribing the coroner to fake the autopsy.

So because of this people could be forgiven for not counting that as a death...

Secondly regarding the comment about nobody giving Norman help for his insanity, to the world Norman Osborn was a normal rich businessman... so not many people knew he had a problem.

And anyway, when it came to Harry's insanity people did try to get him help! And it didn't work well.

I hope this helps some people put everything into prospective, I look forward to any comments you have about what's been said. And for more information click here

Quote:
Spider-man? That was like forty years ago! - FFW Owner and CEO, Unlimited Spider-man

-----
Briy
Invercargill, New Zealand
Briy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 06:26 PM   #21
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Quote:
Osborne didnt die in the comicbook/cartoon, he had psychiatric treatment and went wel
Honestly read that as pyschadelic treatment - may have been more effective.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]