Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]

With great power comes great responsibility. | I guide

Old Jul 21, 2003, 09:49 PM   #1
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002
Thumbs up Doc Ock!

Works for me!

xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Kell
Wing Commander
163 flights since Mar 2003
Re: Doc Ock!

Bastard, I just arrived to post that link myself
Kell is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 08:34 AM   #3
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Niiiiiiiiiiiice, very nice Who's the actor, though?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 04:25 PM   #4
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

Alfred Molina. He was the guy that stole the gold idol from Indiana Jones....then he died. He was the guy that had sex with Natasha Henstridge in "Species"....then he died. He was the guy that beat up Mel Gibson in "Maverick"....then he died. Hmmm, I think I know how this movie is going to end.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 06:55 AM   #5
Sleeper
Wing Commander
318 flights since Mar 2003

Wasn't he also in FRIDA? I don't think he died in that one.
Sleeper is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 01:05 PM   #6
Ash Fan
Starfighter
67 flights since Jul 2003

He was in IDentity as well and Boogie Nights.
Ash Fan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 08:05 PM   #7
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003

What truly makes Spider-Man 2 rise above the original is the malevolent Doc Ock, played with relish by the brilliant Molina (Frida). Far more menacing and formidable a villain than the Green Goblin (sorry, Willem Dafoe), the multi-tentacled mad scientist just plain scares the bejeezus out of you. Yet, he also elicits sympathy, if you can believe it, watching the relatively sane man buried deep within the madness struggle to break free.
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 08:52 PM   #8
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004

Yes, I can believe that. Isn't that how you were supposed to feel about the green goblin too?
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:55 AM   #9
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Spider-Man 2 was a blast, great movie, all around
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:36 PM   #10
cabalcomb
Knight of Honor
309 flights since Jan 2001
Post Spiderman 2 good, but not better than #1

I am sure many people will disagree with me, but I believe that Spiderman 2 was NOT as good as Spiderman 1 .

First, I do not like that Doc Ock was evil only because his mechanical arms controlled his mind.

Second, Doc Ock dies as a hero not a villian. As he says at the end of the film
Quote:
I will not die a monster
Was Doc Ock truely evil or a nice guy turned bad by his mechanical arms.

Third, I do not like Mary Jane (MJ) finding out that Peter Parker is Spiderman so soon. I would have preferred she discovered his secret in the next film. Maybe, the producers were following the example set by Superman 2 where Lois Lane discovers Clark Kent is Superman. It is too soon for MJ to find out Peter Parker is Spiderman. Peter's dilemma of his love for her and protecting her from the truth should have continued as part of the storyline for another film at least.

I also did not like seeing MJ running through the park in her wedding gown to rush to Peter's side. This seemed a bit corny.

Spiderman 2 was Good, but it was not great.
cabalcomb is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 04:46 PM   #11
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

I agree with you completely. Doc ock wasnt supposed to be good in any way. he was a mad scientist.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:06 PM   #12
Jaknife
Starfighter
59 flights since Jun 2004

bull. he was only mad because, in the comics at least, his friggin arms fused to him and they did control his mind. in this, he was so much, in every way, better than the green goblin. and remember, it has been two years since spidey 1, and MJ finally finds out. come on man, two years! it was about time she found out. this will open up more opportunity for him to worry about surviving and not upsetting MJ. Alfred Molina was brilliant, and this film was two times better than the first. better humor, action, and story. i mean, at least doc ock had a reason to fight spidey, green goblin fought him because he was an egomaniac. boring.
Jaknife is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 04:12 PM   #13
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Well, it still just seems too soon for her to find out. Not speaking on a timeline here, I'm saying that there just hasnt been very many serious events that involved risking MJs life, and in the comics, there are quite a few of those until she finds out. It was just too soon. I dont think the only reason doc ock turnd evil was because of the arms, but then again, its been a while since i picked up an old spidey comic...
Old Jul 15, 2004, 06:06 PM   #14
Jaknife
Starfighter
59 flights since Jun 2004

it was the main reason. he was just a scientist till the accident. i bet it(the accident) damaged his right frontal lobe, causing him to lose some of his sense of morality. the arms however, just wanted to live, and used the philosophy, eat or be eaten.
Jaknife is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 06:31 PM   #15
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

hmm....idk bout that...

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Spider-Man (2002, 2004) [movie series]