Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

The human adventure is just beginning. | TMP guide

Old Oct 22, 2005, 08:41 PM   #1
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Nemesis Original Movie Poster

The second best of the TNG films also seemed to be the biggest ST flops, whicg I still don't understand. The story was quite good and written by Gladiator's own John Logan.

Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:30 PM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Nemesis Original Movie Poster

Release date...whoever the hell decided it would be a good idea to release the film the weekend after Harry Potter and the weekend before Lord of the Rings should be fired.

This was one of the best of the film series, far outpacing most of the films in every respect, a solid farewell for the TNG crew, and a good bridge film for whatever might have been coming next had it not bombed.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Really? I thought it was an incomprehensible mess. I was horribly, horribly disappointed.

The poster's nice and dramatic, though.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:09 AM   #4
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Apparently this was meant to have a follow-up, sorta like the mini-trilogy Treks II-IV had, which was why the poster mentions "Begins" when talking about the "Final Journey". I assume that the follow-up that never happened would have shared the tagline but with "Ends" instead.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:29 AM   #5
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Star Trek XI - The Search for Data?

Surely not.

Of all the rumors of the eleventh film, continuing with the TNG crew was not mentioned. This was definately their swan song.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:36 AM   #6
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Well...my friend told me that, which isn't a very reliable source, true...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:14 PM   #7
Slash
Starfighter
137 flights since Aug 2003

I always get this akward feeling when I view Star Trek Nemesis.

It lacked any imagination, the actors looked bored and it was more or less a self encased two hour episode rather than a defining farewell film. It really lacked any balls. I still like the film though and yet I feel saddened because I know a farewell film could and should be so much more.

I feel the same way about Generations. Could have been so much better. Nemesis is a depressing film to watch. An uninspiring villain, a shotty plot, a horrible Data/B4 sub plot (jeez remember what happened last time? Lore anyone?)

I mean, if you have to go cliche, go cliche. "The Federation is doomed, it's about to be destroyed. The Klingons, The Romulans, The Borg, The Ferrangi, Gremlins and Smurfs and The Decepticons plan to destroy Earth. And ONLY The TNG crew can save us." It almost needed to be a mindless action film, I think that's what we were told to expect, gripping action like TWOK, but it was boring and bland.

TNG has always been cerebal compared to TOS. But the least Nemesis could have done was been dumb, blind fun. It couldn't even do that right.

If you wanted to make a statement about Data and humanity, it should have been Picard who sacrificied his life for Data, showing us that he believed Data was worth his own, human life.
Slash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:24 AM   #8
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

I was disappointed with this TNG swansong: it looked tired and uninspiring. the story just another rehash of old ideas. It felt as if the main actors didn't want to do this but were forced to because they were contractually obliged. But in essence the film was tedious to watch. Which is a shame because I really liked the TNG crew over TOS and Voyager.

It also failed at the box office, but I think this was more down to bad timing: apparently its release date was sandwiched between Harry Porter on the previous week and Lord Of the Rings the following week, so what hope has it got. Which shows the apparent contempt its studio, Paramount, had for the film because surely even one of the less bright PR people would have realised it would have bombed with that kind of scheduling

Such a shame for the TNG to bow out! paramount are arseholes, pure and simple. They need to give the genre a rest and realise there's more competition on the SG movie/tv front compared to 20 years ago.
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]