Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]

The human adventure is just beginning. | TMP guide

Old Oct 22, 2005, 08:20 PM   #1
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
TWOK Original Movie Poster

One of the best reboots to a series. Thank goodness for Nick Meyers. My favorite of the ST movies.

Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 04:23 PM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: TWOK Original Movie Poster

Silly poster.
Sillier tagline "The end of the universe is the beginning of vengeance..." Ooooh, so scary...

But great movie.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:41 AM   #3
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Yes, it was. Sometimes I think there should have been further exploration of situations concerning TOS events in the later series. Like what happened to the Iotians from 'A Piece of the Action,' I think that was the episode's name.

I would have loved to see that Trelane was actually a part of the Q Continuum like in the 'Q-Squared' book.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:47 AM   #4
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Love that scene up in the right hand corner. I love how the Enterprise can take a shot in one of the engines and things blow up on the bridge.

You'd think, being the command center of the ship and all, they'd find a better location for the bridge rather than sitting it right on top of the saucer like some pimple in space.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 04:35 PM   #5
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Yeah, if it were me I'd have hidden it in the holodeck. Then the crew would have hours of fun while pretending to be working!

Except of course that this Enterprise didn't HAVE a holodeck I wonder if Kirk and Scotty and all themever pottered around the Trek universe saying 'Holodeck! Pah! Back in our day, when we were your age, if we wanted entertainment we'd have to beam down to a planet and play 'Redshirt Roulette' you little punks!"

The tagline IS very cheesy, but I like the poster overall. Very action-y.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 05:04 PM   #6
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

The blond guy on the left looks scarily like a cross between Ryan Phillipe and Hayden Christianson - but for the life of me can't remember him in any Star Trek setting.

Is this the one with the bugs in the ears? Squicks me almost as much as the idea of an earwig eating through my ear drum.

What is rather telling however is that even being the original crew, there's not a one of them up front and center on the poster to sell it. Such is the power of Trek.

I don't know why but I have a niggling feeling this is the one that so many people bash but is actually quite good (David Bowie style hair aside) as a film. Or am I typing insane babblings?
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 05:09 PM   #7
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

No, this is the one that everyone raves about because it's not only very good but an even-numbered Star Trek film, which are generally regarded as ''not crap''

Yes, it's the one with the worms in the ears <<shudder>> - and the blonde guy is Dr. Marcus someone-or-other who happens to be the son of <<CENSORED>> who <<CENSORED>>s in the next film and this upsets Captain <<CENSORED>> even though he'd neverknown of him before the events of this film.

CENSORED by me, as I don't want to get told off for spoilers
Old Nov 8, 2005, 05:19 PM   #8
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Cool, this was my favourite as a kid, I LOVED the movies and original series so much back then. Hmm Christmas is coming, wonder if it will come on terrestrial (being as the censoring is equivalent to teasing Seraph to which she does not take well)
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 05:23 PM   #9
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

<<Whispers in Seraph's ear to tell her all the stuff he left out>>

There, feel any better?

This one and The Voyage/Journey home (forget which) are the ones that get repeated the most on terrestrial tv, so there'sa pretty good chance of seeing it for christmas...
Old Nov 8, 2005, 05:38 PM   #10
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

The guy who played Dr. Marcus (Kirk's son) was gay. Always felt there was something unusual about the way he gazed longingly at Sulu.

BTW - that actor died shortly after TSFS of AIDS.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 06:18 PM   #11
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Cheesy poster, great film.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:34 AM   #12
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

cheesiest of posters but the best ST film after TNG:First Contact.
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Star Trek (1979-2002) [movie series]