Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fifth Element, The (1997)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Fifth Element, The (1997)

There is no future without it. IT MU5T BE FOUND. | guide

Old Sep 29, 2003, 08:04 AM   #1
DCM
Apprentice
1 flights since Sep 2003
Fifth element/Heavy Metal Taxi Driver segment

Hello all,

First I want to say that I loved the Fifth Element and all of the exciting visuals and the story!! Great Movie! I do have a question. Does anyone see the similarity with the segment of the Heavy Metal movie about the taxi driver and the orb that will kill everyone?

Just a thought

DCM
DCM is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2003, 02:19 PM   #2
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
781 flights since Oct 2002
Re: Fifth element/Heavy Metal Taxi Driver segment

Wow, now that you put the two together, I do see some similarities. Green orb in Heavy Metel, big black moon size orb in The 5th E, both with a mission for destrction. Both involve a woman, and both involve a taxy driver who never really wanted any part of it. And both have a power hungry man. Except the man in The 5th E is going after the stones, not the orb.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 06:27 AM   #3
Seta`hr
Recruit Pilot
7 flights since Sep 2003

Möbius, who designed a lot of the original style from the Fifth Element, also designed the whole artwork from Heavy Metal. A lot of things are inspired by the HM series. Thats no secret.
Seta`hr is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 12:39 PM   #4
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Nope, no resemblence
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 07:30 AM   #5
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
272 flights since Dec 2005

Hell yes, i always noticed how similar this movie is to "Heavy Metal".
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fifth Element, The (1997)