Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14, 2001, 10:16 PM   #1
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Red face Re: Pred Avatars Anytime Soon?

Ramses I know your busy and all. BUT I mean you gave the people a ROBO COP FORUM?! I mean when are the boys at the PREDATOR forum gonna be considered a shread of thought? I mean we clearly asked almost a month ago for some PREDATOR AVATARS you said we were gonna get them in a few days. Well a few days turns into a few weeks. I mean you gave them people a ROBO COP forum????!!!!! I mean yes it was a ground breaking film... but PREDATOR was EVEN MORE. And yes I do like Robo Cop movies. But Ramses you promised PREDATOR AVATARS a long time ago. I mean I know how busy you are. But you went out of your way for the FEW people that want a ROBO COP forum. But not for the MANY that want PREDATOR AVATARS! I am sadly and unexpectedly very disappointed in you Ramses.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 11:09 PM   #2
Ramses
Administrator
209 flights since Jul 2000
Re: Pred Avatars Anytime Soon?

Oogaphlub,

The Predator avatars will be coming your way early next week. Not a whole lot, but some. Sorry for the wait (not a month, just 2 weeks ) but we're working an many, many fronts at the same time. As for the RoboCop forum, well, there are already over 250 movie forums prepared, it's simply a matter of turning a switch on or off really.

Which reminds me we really should find a way of sorting those 250 forums in a neater way that the long list currently used...
Old Apr 15, 2001, 12:09 AM   #3
Hell Spawn
Wing Commander
277 flights since Mar 2001
Here's an idea

Here's an idea... the forums that have been responded to or have a new thread created be placed on the open forum view except the administratve, chit chat, off world, and test signatures... Those would allways be on there. Now when a post hasnt had any activity for a week (say the space cowboyz forum) it disapears from the open forums, and can only be accessed through the movie site on sci flicks or the lill neat tool bar you have to go around the site. This would take allot of space aways from the things just taking up space w/ no activity..... Just an idea...
Old Apr 15, 2001, 09:23 AM   #4
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001
Question wat about us helping???

hey, we can help ya find pics. we can email them to you and u look and approve any of them u find fitting. im also trying to keep patient about the pred avatars (hehe wat about alien ones!? ) but like phlub says been pretty long. but i know ya busy man so i can wait.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 09:47 PM   #5
Phlub
The Head Hunter
Okay...

First off Ramses call me Phlub . Second I and the rest of the PREDATOR boys are gonna hold you to next week! I WANT MY DUTCH AVATAR!!!!! And the others would like some Yautja and other PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 avatars. But if the rest of the PREDATOR forum doesn't I will hold you to your word. I don't know a whole lot about the ROBO COP ordeal here and don't really care. But I mean it has been a few weeks since you said we would have PREDATOR avatars in 2 DAYS. Well we've waited and waited. I and the PREDATOR boys have waited long wnough. I mean I understand a forum is more important then some avatars, BUT with the ROBO COP forum you went out of the way for the few. But not for the many in the PREDATOR forum. Good idea Tinny... I am a part of the ALIEN forums to and wouldn't mind to see some ALIEN avatars. I also don't see anything for TOTALL RECALL or INDEPENDENCE DAY (I mean the only reason TOTALL RECALL made the money it did was because of the worlds best actor ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER but it was good.). I mean when are they getting there avatars? I am a part of the PREDATOR, TERMINATOR, TERMINATOR: 2 JUDGEMENT DAY, TOTALL RECALL, THE MATRIX, INDEPENDENCE DAY, ALIEN 3, ALIENS, ALIEN and ALIEN RESURRECTION forums and only 3 of them have avatars for them. And those are pretty much the most popular forums. I know how busy you are Ramses but I would like you to give the PREDATOR boys the greatest gift you can... PREDATOR 1 and 2 avatars!
Thank you!
Old Apr 15, 2001, 10:39 PM   #6
zombie84
Wing Commander
376 flights since Mar 2001
Re: Pred Avatars Anytime Soon?

your missing the point. in the case of creating the Robocop forum its simply a click of a button--type in the name of the forum you want to add and thats pretty much it. for avatars, you have to find a pic (which can be tedious), resize it and do any optimizing, upload it to the server, and then add it to the list, its just a pain to go out of your way to do it. Ramses doesnt have anything against you, im sure he does want to please you all but he probably just doesnt have time. being so pushy about it isnt going to help either. just relax and Ramses will come through eventually.

BTW, what do you got against Robocop anyway?
Old Apr 15, 2001, 11:44 PM   #7
Phlub
The Head Hunter
Smile I know....

Like you "I know Ramses will come through EVENTUALLY." I know he will to. It has just been a very long wait for us. Oh and I have nothing against Robo Cop. I like the movies. But I just didn't know it was easier to make a forum then avatars.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 03:43 AM   #8
Hell Spawn
Wing Commander
277 flights since Mar 2001
You Cannot be Seriouse

Ok, No i know that you did not threat'n Ramses, or "give him" a dead line where if he doesnt own up to some dumb avatar, your going to what? Worst case scenerio you start a polls race and cabalacomb, or nightblade come and punish you.. Look, when ramses removed all the forums from preditor you got to keep your fun lill terminator avatar. I dont think the world will be thrown off its axes if you dont get an avatar, and it's not too smart to "Demand" of the the administrator, he has powers beyond what this universe can comprihend, which is unimaginable...EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME NOW!! THIS IS THE BEST FORUM I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN, YOU HAVE MOVING SMILEYS, COOL BACK GROUND AND AVATARS WHICH IS ALWAYS IN A NEAT ORDER. IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO SEE WHAT THE "NORMAL" FORUMS LOOK LIKE GO TO WWW.AGETEC.COM AND GO TO THEIR DISCUSSION BOARDS.... IT'S EASTER (NOT TO BE RELIGEOUS WHICH IM NOT, EVERYONE BE THANKFUL FOR THIS FORUM.) AND BE AWARE, RAMSES HAS HENCHMEN AND THEIR ALWAYS WATCHING
MWAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 16, 2001, 04:30 AM   #9
WhiteRabbit
Wing Commander
335 flights since Jan 2001
Talking couldn't have put it better myself....

lol.. *backs away slowly*

Seriously though, Ramses has worked damn hard to make this site what it is, and I doubt avatars are the highest priority in his site updates/maintainence. They're just the icing on the cake. More people benefit from a forum than they do from an avatar, so don't try and convince anyone otherwise. Ramses promised you he'll put up your precious avatars, so he will; just give it time. It's just 4096 pixels nicely arranged next to your name.. that's all. Don't lose sleep over it.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 08:17 PM   #10
Phlub
The Head Hunter
I see....

I see I'm not wanted in this forum either....
But I will not demand it of him. But I mean he did promise a few weeks ago. So I will wait. But at least he has another Arnold avatar. I guess this is another one of those lessons in life on to take and be happy with what you got.
Old Apr 17, 2001, 08:35 AM   #11
Xeno
Sector Marshall
lol

man Hell Spawn ur scaring me... grr guys please... phlub man heh, like they said be patient and no no one wants u to go (i think) *looks around at everyone* Ramses will always deliver just gonna take a bit. but i still say we should help...we could get them, resize and email it then Ramses has to upload thats it.
Old Apr 17, 2001, 08:40 AM   #12
WhiteRabbit
Wing Commander
335 flights since Jan 2001
fear not

10 steps ahead of you Tinny
I actually have already sent Ramses a few that I cooked up. He said he'll be adding them today
Old Apr 17, 2001, 08:58 AM   #13
Xeno
Sector Marshall
WHAT!?!?!?!

WHAT!?!?! omg dammit, grrr gonna start sending now god dammit! man i hate ya!!!!!!!! lol he's gonna add!?! man i better hurry.
Old Apr 17, 2001, 04:14 PM   #14
Phlub
The Head Hunter
What?

What are you guys sending Ramses? It almost sounds like PREDATOR avatars.....hope it is better get some dutch ones for me please.
Old Apr 18, 2001, 04:24 PM   #15
Phlub
The Head Hunter
Question Somebody a little late?

Ramses I believe you said EARLY NEXT WEEK for the PREDATOR avatars well I don't know but were you referring to this week because EARLY has passed. If you were referring to EARLY NEXT WEEK then I guess you still got u'self some time.
Closed Thread

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems