Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Abre los ojos / Vanilla Sky (1997, 2001) [original and remake]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Abre los ojos / Vanilla Sky (1997, 2001) [original and remake]

LoveHateDreamsLifeWorkPlayFriendshipSex.

Old May 8, 2004, 04:50 AM   #1
merlin
Sector Marshall
684 flights since Apr 2004
lucid dream..how long could it last?

In the film vanilla sky we find that david has been in deep freeze for 150 years, so my question is

How long had he been having the same dream?

And also could he have had a dream where he shared a life with julie? And also with sophia? maybe it was looped so many times playing the same dream that was why the "dream" becomes a nightmare and the two started to cross over as you see in the pictures on sophias fridge they start with sophia then blur so the top picture is of julie..

If it hadnt gone wrong how long would he have been in the dream? infinity? or untill his finances ran out? i mean how fvcked up would that be to live the perfect life to awaken to be disfigured pennyless in a future he knows nothing about and possibly homeless, without a soul in the world......
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 05:55 AM   #2
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
Re: lucid dream..how long could it last?

I am not sure but it could be that the lucid dream did not start right after he got frozzen. Humans are not aware of time while they are asleep and not dreaming. It is the dream that makes you aware of time. For example look at people who were in a coma. Years may pass when they wake up and they still feel it is the day after the day they fell in. So It could be that the lucid dream started years after the act of frezzing.

Maybe 150 years after ...

Last edited by Ivan : May 8, 2004 at 12:12 PM.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2004, 06:13 AM   #3
merlin
Sector Marshall
684 flights since Apr 2004
Re: lucid dream..how long could it last?

True im which case the company conned him in a way as they may have been researching the possability of a lucid dream but at the time of freezing didnt quite have the technology to do it, hence the dream turning into a nightmare.

So how many more people could be living (or sleeping) a nightmare?
merlin is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Abre los ojos / Vanilla Sky (1997, 2001) [original and remake]