Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt. | I guideII guide

Old May 1, 2001, 04:34 PM   #1
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
Re: Indian/Yautja names...

Okay I was in Social Studies today during second period studying Indians trying to stay awake behind my propped up social studies book and suddenly the teacher calls on my friend and asks who is this indian and I here him say SHONTAUCK (the Yautja leader during Rabetande's time) and I wake up and blurt out "HOLY SH uh I mean WOAH!" and so now its got me wondering did the makers of PREDATOR, PREDATOR 2 and the great PREDATOR books look at exotic indian names for Yautja names?????????????????????
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2001, 05:45 PM   #2
Yautja
Pilot
24 flights since Apr 2001

thats a good questions Phlub. I'd also like to know that.
If they didn't do they have there own little system for making names. Like George Lucas has for Star Wars.
Yautja is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2001, 03:23 PM   #3
Phlub
The Head Hunter
yeah i know...

Yeah I know but I still think that they are sadly taking Yautja names from indian names.
Old May 2, 2001, 06:02 PM   #4
Yeyinde
Wing Commander
168 flights since Mar 2001
Arrow Re: Indian/Yautja names...

Phlub, I think there's influence there - but I don't think the names are strictly derived from native American names...
Yeyinde is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2001, 04:25 PM   #5
Phlub
The Head Hunter
Wink I know but still...

I know Yeyinde but still they (the makers of the PREDATOR series) copied SOME Yautja names from the native americans.
Old May 12, 2001, 12:30 PM   #6
Yeyinde
Wing Commander
Arrow like i said

Well, influence or whatever - the yautja names are still cool
Old May 15, 2001, 04:38 PM   #7
Phlub
The Head Hunter
Of course they are but still....

I know and think the Yautja names are cool. But still I think that even just one sopied name is still wrong. Hey is U-man having trouble gettin' here or something?
Old May 15, 2001, 05:43 PM   #8
Yeyinde
Wing Commander
Question dunno

Haven't heard from U-man for a while... Hey, ever wonder what the names of the yautja from Pred 1 & 2 were....hmmmm
Old May 17, 2001, 03:04 PM   #9
Phlub
The Head Hunter
I THINK I no one...

I THINK that one of the Yautja's names from the 2 movies was Rontauck. Yeah uh should we send a search team for U-man?
Old May 17, 2001, 06:17 PM   #10
Yeyinde
Wing Commander

where'd you get that name from then?
Hmmmm, I'm not too sure about that name - was he called 'Ron' for short! lol
Old May 18, 2001, 03:15 PM   #11
Phlub
The Head Hunter
no I just heard of a Yautja with that...

No I just heard of that the Yautja from one of the PREDATOR movies name was Rontauck on some website (not on my URL anymore).
Old May 18, 2001, 06:06 PM   #12
Yeyinde
Wing Commander
Arrow hmmm

Hmmm, don't think I'm convinced about that. I don't think, in my opinion, that Jim & John Thomas gave the Predator's names in the movies - don't think they'd thought that far ahead (unlike the AvP authors)
Old May 20, 2001, 08:41 PM   #13
Phlub
The Head Hunter
Yeah...

Yeah the site could have been lying like many other sites on the internet do. But hey Jim and John are still brilliant men to right out such a great storyline. It was such a good movie because one thing lead to another, most of the events connected to other events and in the end it all made sense. PREDATOR 2 tried to make a better installation but failed because the orginal PREDATOR was just perfect in all elements of the movie.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]