Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

They've saved the best trip for last... But this time they may have gone too far. | guide

Old May 17, 2001, 09:26 AM   #1
eln
Pilot
36 flights since Apr 2001
Re: Doc Brown

if doc brown has a family in 1855, then won't that affect the memory of him in 1985?? Now that he no longer exists there?? and he has descendants. What about his house??
eln is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2001, 12:31 AM   #2
Jasoco
Pilot
24 flights since Aug 2001

Actually, it's 1885.. and second, I don't understand what you said.
Jasoco is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 07:09 PM   #3
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002

Hmmmmm......I honestly do not know. I mean, he might not have met his relatives? I don't know, time-thinking is too restraining. Not enough freedom in the 4th dimension.
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 09:52 AM   #4
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by eln
if doc brown has a family in 1855, then won't that affect the memory of him in 1985?? Now that he no longer exists there?? and he has descendants. What about his house??

(Interesting. I hadn't seen this one here...) Let me se... If we think this seriously, people in 1985 may have thought that old doc Brown had lost his memory and started to wander around until he just died into some pit. They may have searched him but when they have found nothing he had became just one name on the list of disappeared people. Somebody could have said that UFO took him. And what becomes to his house... If he had any relatives (can't remember) they maybe sold it or moved into it.

How does this sound?
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2003, 09:58 PM   #5
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

Didn't Tom Arnold sing a song about being his own Grandpa in "The Stupids"? I think Doc was just a missing person, that nobody missed at all. Save for Marty that is.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:33 AM   #6
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I agree with xXx , that the doc was just a missing person, whom not many people cared for, thoug predn idea is certainly a possiblity
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2003, 08:32 PM   #7
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

But wouldn't the 1985 Doc Brown just have been none existant?

I am thinking that the time line thing was discussed somewhere else here, in that they travelled on one time line only, therefore if you exist, you exist in any time?

God, I'm confused now. Cos if that was the case then Marty would not have dissapeared, even if his parents hadn't met, surely?

If you leave your time for long enough, then surely that 'time age' of yours would close and deem you none existent for that age at least?

Someone help me, I'm drowning in my own thoughts here...
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2003, 03:40 AM   #8
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by The one......
But wouldn't the 1985 Doc Brown just have been none existant?

I am thinking that the time line thing was discussed somewhere else here, in that they travelled on one time line only, therefore if you exist, you exist in any time?

God, I'm confused now. Cos if that was the case then Marty would not have dissapeared, even if his parents hadn't met, surely?

If you leave your time for long enough, then surely that 'time age' of yours would close and deem you none existent for that age at least?

Someone help me, I'm drowning in my own thoughts here...
It is confusing, indeed. And when you once die, you shouldn't exist in any time or...? In this way there's no people and history at all.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 12:11 PM   #9
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Why should it. The events in 1885 take place after the events in 1985.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2008, 07:23 AM   #10
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

The writer should have thought about that.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)