Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

They've saved the best trip for last... But this time they may have gone too far. | guide

Old May 13, 2000, 02:44 PM   #1
Nick Swartz
n/a flights since
Question Re: What about the gaz?

Great movie, I love all three, but...

After the gas tank gets shot with the arrow, why don't Doc and Marty go to where Doc burried the Delorean (the one he left for Marty), and steal some gas out of it? The gas does no good for Marty when he digs it up in 1955 anyways.
Old Jan 6, 2001, 11:02 AM   #2
jimjoanalana
Apprentice
2 flights since Jan 2001
Re: What about the gaz?

I agree, it's a goof in the script (happens when follow up movies are forced to hit the screens early). They could have also borrowed the blown-out fuel injection manifold.
jimjoanalana is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2001, 11:18 AM   #3
jimjoanalana
Apprentice
2 flights since Jan 2001

Of course the scriptwriters will say that since Doc Brown had the car up on cinder blocks (the tires being a load bearing structural device which would have eventually disintegrated over 70 years), he would have had the foresight to both drain the gas tank and run out the gas in the fuel lines (much like you should do to a lawnmower before you store it for the winter).
jimjoanalana is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2001, 09:17 AM   #4
Tuggy
Apprentice
3 flights since Feb 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Swartz
Great movie, I love all three, but...

After the gas tank gets shot with the arrow, why don't Doc and Marty go to where Doc burried the Delorean (the one he left for Marty), and steal some gas out of it? The gas does no good for Marty when he digs it up in 1955 anyways.

the doc used all the petrol when he first arrived in 1855, you must remember that he had been there for quite a few months before marty arrives.
Tuggy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2001, 06:21 AM   #5
muzit21
Recruit Pilot
5 flights since Feb 2001
what if...

What if the car that Doc left for marty is the one that marty brought with him.If this is true then there wold be no other car to borrow parts from...
muzit21 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2001, 01:36 AM   #6
Tuggy
Apprentice
3 flights since Feb 2001

the car marty takes back is the car that doc leaves, of course its much older in age.Back in 1885 there is always 2 cars the old one marty takes back and the one doc places into the car. Remember marty went back to 1885 just after the date that doc hid the delorian.
Tuggy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2001, 04:04 PM   #7
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Cool 1955 DeLorean

Nick, when you think about it, (as doc would say "Fourth Dimensionally") its really simple. He couldnt take the Fuel or the Fuel Injection Manifold from the buried DeLorean because it would interfere with Marty's arrival in 1885. ok...if doc took the Fuel Injection Manifold from the buried DeLorean to replace the other DeLorean's damaged one...that means that when Marty finds the buried DeLorean in 1955, there would be NO fuel injection manifold, and he wouldve never arrived in 1885, and would be trapped in 1955. This also shows why Marty arrived a day after Doc wrote the letter. If Marty arrived before Doc sent the letter, it would change history, so Doc wouldve never written the letter, and Marty would never know where to go, and then, Marty would just FADE AWAY from 1885, and be stuck in 1955. So, Doc couldnt take parts from the buried DeLorean because it would interfere with Marty's arrival in 1885.
Old May 17, 2001, 09:16 AM   #8
eln
Pilot
36 flights since Apr 2001
I agree with the guest.

when watching this movie, there is another dimension to think about. one simple action can change future events and cause disastrous results. so maybe doc brown just did not want to risk it. it is too dangerous.
eln is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2001, 12:26 AM   #9
Jasoco
Pilot
24 flights since Aug 2001
Re: 1955 DeLorean

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
So, Doc couldnt take parts from the buried DeLorean because it would interfere with Marty's arrival in 1885.

Oooohhhhhhhhh..... THAT explains it. I didn't even realize that!
Jasoco is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2002, 04:03 PM   #10
evilLanternz
Apprentice
4 flights since Feb 2002

I didn't think there would be fuel in the train anyway. uhh. Didn't all the trains then burn coal for steam to power steam engines. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't seen the 3rd one in a while
evilLanternz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 07:06 PM   #11
BalrogTim
X
1,044 flights since Mar 2002

Doc also used the colored log-thingies that were infused with chemicals. They provided the extra burst of speed needed to accelerate the train to time-travel speed.
BalrogTim is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2002, 12:32 PM   #12
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Here's what could have happened. Doc could get the non-damaged Delorian and replace it with the damaged one hidden in the mine. Marty makes it back to 1985 with an undamaged Delorian. But then when the damaged Delorian, after sitting for 80 years in the mine, is retrieved by Doc and Marty, they would probably be unable to fix it (Delorian parts don't exist in 1955)and would have to push it with another vehicle up to 88 mph (similar to what they did in the Old West), which would be considerably easier in 1955 than in 1985, I mean 1885. Marty would arrive in 1885 with the damaged Delorian finding Doc, having come from 1955 with an undamaged Delorian (which came from 1985) hidden in the mine. The would switch them, Marty rides off to 1985 and the whole blasted thing starts all over again. But you see, the damaged Delorian is stuck in a time-loop (1955-1885-1955-1885 etc) and just keeps accumulating more and more damage until eventually, the stupid thing would fall apart. Clear as a bell, right?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2002, 12:59 AM   #13
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Listen, this whole saga has holes all over the place, but it was just such a fun adventure. I love watching them whenever they're on.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2002, 08:01 PM   #14
Unregistered
n/a flights since
my name is also NICk swartz

I looked my name up on google, this came up. Whats up NICK SWARTZ
Old Nov 10, 2002, 05:16 AM   #15
Hamse
Wing Commander
207 flights since Nov 2002

This movie is great all 3 parts of it... great story
Hamse is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)