Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

They've saved the best trip for last... But this time they may have gone too far. | guide

Old Jun 10, 2001, 12:19 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Question Re: Why not just do this??

Ok, here is the premise of the movie.. the fuel line was ripped and all the gas leaked out therefore making driving the car impossible.

REMBEMBER, the car Marty drove back in IS not the one that is buried in the mine.

In 1885 there are 2 Delorians now. The ONE that Doc Arrived in and the ONE that Marty arrived in. Why not just take the fuel line and gas out of the buried car and put them on Marty's car??

Sure saves a lot of time that way. I've always wondered about that. When Marty arrived, did the car Doc buried disappear??

Any one got thoughts on this matter???

Trekie386
Old Jun 20, 2001, 10:37 AM   #2
eln
Pilot
36 flights since Apr 2001
hmmm...

lets just say it is one of the loopholes in the movie. the writer never did think about it I guess. maybe it is because the doc did not want to touch the buried car because if he took the gas line from the buried car, then when marty found the car in the future, he probably would not be able to arrive at 1885. but hmm... then again he might. the doc probably thought that if he did that, he would be didrupting the space time continium. hey, they already disrupted a lot y'know.
eln is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2001, 03:59 PM   #3
T-10000
Apprentice
4 flights since Jun 2001
Re: Why not just do this??

If DOC took the fuel line of the car in 1855 then the car marti found in 1955 would not have a full line there for he would not be able to travel back to 1855 to save the Doc. And also it would mack the move much shorter!

I may be wrong! i dont know... JASE. (T-10000)
T-10000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2001, 03:18 PM   #4
photoweborama
Pilot
37 flights since Jun 2001
Question Time quandaries

Time quandaries can really play tricks with your mind. I never thought of this solution, but I have thought that Doc is a Scientist. Why does he not just find some crude oil and distill his own gas?
photoweborama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2001, 05:35 PM   #5
the_schumannator
n/a flights since

why can't doc and marty take the fuel from the car that doc
arrived in???

some would say"then marty can't drive back to 1885
to save doc"

well in 1955 doc and marty find that the car is out of gas
and they refill it .with gas from the 50's.

easy solution.......maybe not
i also agree with someone else that said they don't want to
mess with the space time continuem.

so what are some ones elses thoughts one the matter???

do u agree with me??
Old Jul 2, 2001, 11:03 AM   #6
photoweborama
Pilot
37 flights since Jun 2001
Wink 1950's Gas in the DeLorean

I think this would not work because the DeLorean only uses UNLEADED gas.

>well in 1955 doc and marty find that the car is out of gas and they refill it .with gas from the 50's.
photoweborama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2001, 12:20 AM   #7
Jasoco
Pilot
24 flights since Aug 2001

Here's what I posted in the "Great, But..." thread...

You know, Unregistered may have a point about the Two DeLoreans part.

Where DID the first one go? I mean, Doc HAD to get there SOMEHOW. Maybe it was burried Further in the tunnel. That's what I think. Obviously, Marty parked His car close to the front of the cave. The first one (Docs) was boarded up Further in the tunnel. Marty would have looked but the Bear scared him out. If THAT's the explanation, WHY didn't Doc just bring THAT one back with them? Leave the dead one behind.. take the couple day old one instead.
Jasoco is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2001, 01:51 AM   #8
UnregisteredPacoLoco
n/a flights since

He couldn't have taken the one he had buried because the time circuits were damaged. He'd have to transfer the stuff the 1955 Doc put on the car to enable to travel back in time again to the one he had buried and he probably didn't have the tools to do that.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 06:11 PM   #9
Surreal Fish
Pilot
19 flights since Mar 2002

where did Doc get the stuff to turn a train into a flight-worthy time machine? he had 19th century tools...
Surreal Fish is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2002, 12:17 AM   #10
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Doc is a briliant a scientist, and he didn't make it right away. Looking at the age of his children I would say it took him 4-5 years. But anyway he had the parts of the second delorian.

Quote:
In 1885 there are 2 Delorians now. The ONE that Doc Arrived in and the ONE that Marty arrived in.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2003, 09:05 PM   #11
lyon99
n/a flights since
answer!

because if doc were to make a mistake and break something there would be a paradox and plus you never put a car in storage without draining the gas tank first
Old Aug 14, 2003, 10:11 PM   #12
ForeverKnight
Pilot
34 flights since Jan 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Surreal Fish
where did Doc get the stuff to turn a train into a flight-worthy time machine? he had 19th century tools...

it wasnt flight worthy when he first made the train into a time machine. he went to the future before he saw marty at present time. that is how it had the hover ability like the future cars
ForeverKnight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 07:21 PM   #13
Unregistered
n/a flights since
EZ soltion the getting doc back to the future

The doc that is in1800's sent marty a letter to get to him after the car was struck by lightning. Well he could of sent a nother letter saying to bring extra gas and a new fule line

SIMPLE ISN'T IT.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 05:35 PM   #14
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Doc wrote the letter not knowing he would get shot and told Marty NOT to come back to get him but go directly to 1985.

They don't use the car from the mine because then the car wouldn't be there for Marty to dig up in 1955.

They don't even use the fuel because he might damage the delorean, or he drained the fuel to put in storage.

The explanation for Doc being able to build the time train is one that he gives himself... "You can't keep a good scientist down!"
Old May 6, 2004, 11:29 AM   #15
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Maybe you should be asking the writers that
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)