Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Planet of the Apes (1968, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 2001) [movie series and re-adaptation]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Planet of the Apes (1968, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 2001) [movie series and re-adaptation]

Somewhere in the Universe, there must be something better than man! | remake guide

Old Jun 8, 2002, 09:24 PM   #16
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: Man/Ape Sex???

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous
Yes you would. You just wouldn't have to worry about your child having children of its own and overrunning the worlkd with man-ape hybrids. Your offspring would not be fertile.
Are you sure? Are the two species so close? I thought that it only happened with the Ass and the Horse. What species was she anyway?
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 09:37 PM   #17
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Well ... she'd be the missing link, wouldn't she? Apes so developed that they are as civilised as us without looking quite like us? Or am I waaaaay off the mark as usual?

Doesn't it happen with other animals besides mules?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 10:06 PM   #18
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

And how does it give them compatible DNA with us? evolution is not a set track with an 'up' or 'down'. It is chaotic, and governed by chance and environmental conditions.
Old Jun 9, 2002, 02:11 AM   #19
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

I am currently working at masturbating with in caged animals for reproduction. Something like that. Anyway, that would have been down right retarded if they did it. She just cared about animals and knew this one was special. JACKER'S Sister kisses her dog on the lips and they aint about to...I'll stop here.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2002, 05:16 PM   #20
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Quote:
I am currently working at masturbating with in caged animals
We DONT need to know that!
Old Jun 9, 2002, 06:45 PM   #21
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi

Well excuse me Mr. I'm too good to masturbate with in caged animals for reproduction!

I don't really do it.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:56 AM   #22
reptilian1954
Apprentice
5 flights since Jun 2002

I don't think that the female ape in the movie would think of herself as a caged animal. I certainly wouldn't do it with an animal in real life, caged or otherwise. This is a movie charcter, after all, that we;re talking about.
reptilian1954 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2002, 04:38 AM   #23
Ender
Wing Commander
305 flights since Apr 2002

to this day no one has figured out what exactly is it that makes the the difference between man and ape. there is a 98% homolgy between man and chimp DNA, but a world of difference in capabilities. as to technically being able to impregnate an ape, man probably can, we are close enough physiologicaly. this is not something i know for sure though, just conjecture. i dont think there have been any voluntears for an experiment!!

re the idea of actually haveing sex with an ape. it seemed to me in the movie that there was always a sexual tension, but it was at the same time obvious that is cant be. or mabey thats the way i wanted to see it!!
Ender is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 07:18 AM   #24
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

You guys are sick. What twisted perv started this thread anyway?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2002, 06:44 PM   #25
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi

What you are saying, sir, is utter BULLSH*T...
Old Dec 16, 2002, 06:09 AM   #26
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Ender

re the idea of actually haveing sex with an ape. it seemed to me in the movie that there was always a sexual tension, but it was at the same time obvious that is cant be. or mabey thats the way i wanted to see it!!
That's true. I just watched it again and it really seems so. But who is actually starting it - the apes. They are still living somekind of Middle Ages there.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 05:41 PM   #27
Vonstadt
Pilot
44 flights since Dec 2002

Um....I think, god I am not sure I should say this, But Marky Mark was kinda right in sleeping with neither.

True the hot babe, was um HOT but she was a nitwit.

Perhaps a miss Right now but no Miss Right.

As for the Ape, um Yes there was tension between the two but I think neither wanted to cross that line. I am not sure they should have, there may come a day when we as a species meet another race and such things will become commonplace but this was the first for both races and to be honest I Like MS. Carter too but I could not see it, too close a resembalance to an animal from his own world (I know they evolved from such)...it was a taboo I could not cross. Too much still needs to change after two such races meet before that is possible.

ug...no way.

Neither was suitable, which is prbably why Major Mark wanted to go home so bad.

I could not blame him.
Vonstadt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 02:55 PM   #28
Sub-Plot
n/a flights since
THEY'RE NOT ANIMALS!!!

Dudes, you're missing the entire point! The Apes in Planet of the Apes are EVOLVED forms of the animals we have running around here now! The have civilization, a higher archy of power, religion (to some extent), social orders, written language, so forth and so on. Don't think of them as monkeys, man! The Apes in the movie are a higher form of sentiant beings, much like humans are today! THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT!!!!

They are NOT animals, but a high form of intelligance. Taylor, in the original movie, had a hard time (at first) dealing with Cornelius and the others because he was still stuck in the mind set that THEY were the animals, when in their day and age HE was considered the animal.

Now, the originally posted said that a sex scene between the leading human male and the leading female ape was considered by those involved in making the movie, but they didn't put it in. Why? Look at all the replies to this post!! We can not, even in a SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE see them as anything BUT animals!!! They are NOT animals, that's the entire point!!! They may resemble and have evolved from the animals we know today, but THEY ARE NOT ANIMALS!!!

Since they are not animals, why is it so wrong for two sentiant creatures that feel for each other to consumate that feeling? Ya'll are missing the entire point of the movie! I think it would have been an interesting scene, it would have been the first trans-speical sex scene ever to be placed in a Sci-Fi movie! That would have been cool! But, obvieously we are not ready for that. Guess that answers my question why aliens STILL have to appear before their loved ones in the "disquise" of a human, not because the mate would freak out but because the audience would go just go balls-postal on every living thing until the movie got pulled from theaters.

*@#$% humans! :-p
Old Oct 27, 2003, 04:08 PM   #29
videonaut
Starfighter
145 flights since Sep 2003

I don't think it would be considered beastiality because of her intellect. It would be more like sex with an alien. That has been done before. Alien - Human sex occured in "The Man Who Fell to Earth".
videonaut is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 04:11 PM   #30
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

if you want real sex with an alien, watch that scene in Alien Resurrection
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Planet of the Apes (1968, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 2001) [movie series and re-adaptation]