Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick, The (2000, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick, The (2000, 2004) [movie series]

You're not afraid of the dark, are you? | Pitch Black guide

Old Jan 9, 2002, 09:58 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: Vin Diesel's Eyes

Just curious if anyone had any idea whether or not Vin Diesel was wearing contacts or if the reflective quality of his eyes were from digital enhancement. I've been trying to find a pair of contacts like those--price isn't an issue--and am having no luck.

Thanks.

Passenger
Old Jan 15, 2002, 11:08 AM   #2
Raven
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since Jan 2002
Cool Re: Vin Diesel's Eyes

Sorry...but no contacts for this flick. It was done digitally. The color is such a bright white they couldn't use it in the dark and in the light as well. They would have to be some sort of glow in the dark contacts for the dark but eventhough it wouldn't look as bright in the light. There is the possibility of changing contacts for the dark shots and for the bright shots but I dought it. Since they already have to have the digital monsters put in they probably would go ahead and do his eyes as well. It would cost a lot of money for those contacts believe me.
But that is just my special effects opinion.

Raven
Raven is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2002, 01:34 PM   #3
t_dogg_51
Recruit Pilot
7 flights since Jan 2002
Wink You are wrong my friend!

They were indeed contacts, because where the filmed Pitch Black was in the desert and Vin had to be air lifted off of the set because the contacts had dried or something to his eyes. Now the glow when he comes out of the shadows might be digital, but he did indeed wear contacts for the day sceens.
t_dogg_51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2002, 01:47 PM   #4
Raven
Recruit Pilot
8 flights since Jan 2002
Cool Re: Vin Diesel's Eyes

Hmmm...Never thought of that. I did say contacts where possible though. If I were Vin Diesel I would ware them. Sounds like he had a bit of trouble with them though. I am positive they used digital effects for the night scenes. Anyway, hats off for proving me wrong.

Raven
Raven is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2002, 09:44 PM   #5
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Contacts

Vin Diesel was indeed wearing contact lenses (hard lenses of the Gas Permeable type, with a reflective finnish) Search for Wild Eyes brand lenses on your favorite search engine and you will find them for sale, they are about 300 dollars a pair.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 10:19 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: Vin Diesel's Eyes

Here is the link, so you can purchase a pair for yourself...http://www.lensquest.com/index.cfm/P...=615/do=detail
Old May 8, 2002, 07:09 PM   #7
Dwayne Hicks
Wing Commander
259 flights since May 2002
Talking Re: Vin Diesel's Eyes

i really like his contact
Dwayne Hicks is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2002, 02:29 AM   #8
Riddick Freak
Starfighter
81 flights since Jun 2002
Thumbs up :: nods::

well hey even the Riddick Freak learns somthin new every day,,, i didnt know thast either... godd to know good to know.. i thank thee for the info

peace
Remmy
Quote:
" in order to know all you must first understand all"
Riddick Freak is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick, The (2000, 2004) [movie series]