Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Tron (1982)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Tron (1982)

A world inside the computer where man has never been. Never before now. | guide

Old Feb 12, 2002, 03:41 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: PR: Tron soundtrack

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

WALT DISNEY RECORDS INTRODUCES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED EXPANDED REISSUE OF TRON.

Wendy Carlos’s groundbreaking score is the latest release in the “Disney Original Soundtrack” series.

BURBANK, CA—Building on its popular “Disney Original Soundtrack” series, Walt Disney Records is rolling out a new addition the re-release of Tron. Offered at bargain Soundsaver prices, this series of timeless and unforgettable favorites includes such classics as Aladdin, Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Toy Story, Cinderella and Pocahontas. The newest member of the collection hit retail outlets nationwide on January 29, 2002.

This release marks the first time the Tron soundtrack has been made available since its original release in LP format on CBS Records nearly two decades ago. Walt Disney Records worked with the film’s original composer, Wendy Carlos, to restore and remaster the original soundtrack for this special release, which features Carlos’ music as performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. The soundtrack also includes several bonus recordings that were cut from the original film, as well as two songs written and performed by the classic rock band Journey.

Celebrating the film’s 20th anniversary, Tron is being re-released in conjunction with a Special Edition 20th Anniversary DVD and VHS release of the futuristic movie. Tron, which still maintains a significant cult following, was the first film to use computer imagery to create a three-dimensional world.

The Tron soundtrack is available wherever music is sold and varies in price at retail. Also available on January 29, 2002, as part of the “Disney Original Soundtrack” series is the soundtrack of James and the Giant Peach. All Walt Disney Records and Buena Vista Records audio products can also be ordered by visiting www.Disney.com/DisneyRecords or www.amazon.com.

# # #

For More Information:
Beth Krakower
CineMedia Promotions
cinemediapromo@yahoo.com

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Tron (1982)