Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fifth Element, The (1997)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Fifth Element, The (1997)

There is no future without it. IT MU5T BE FOUND. | guide

Old Feb 24, 2002, 09:01 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: The Sixth Element (or The Fifth Element II)

Anybody heard anything about a sequel? I may just be imagining this, but I thought I read something last week about a possible script being penned or having been penned by Luc Besson? If it follows current Hollywonk trends, I am sure it will be a prequel, The Chronicles of Young Korbin Dallas...
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2002, 03:23 PM   #2
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Ah so I am not alone. I got a movie alert from my brothers website and I got curious. He said that he got it somewhere from a friend who has "connections".....
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2002, 09:47 AM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

What I read actually stated that Luc Besson's original screenplay was over 400 pages long, twice that of a normal length film, so he pulled the first half of the story out, tweeked the ending, and it became The Fifth Element. The remaining 200 or so pages has been rumored to be titled Mister Shadow. Another rumor is that in the contracts that Bruce Willis, Ian Hold, and Milla Jovovich signed, there was a clause that committed them to film the sequel.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2003, 06:33 PM   #4
TwwIX
Apprentice
2 flights since Apr 2003

I love this movie but its such a big dissapointment that they still havent begun to work on a sequel.Yeah the first movie was just the half part of the original script/story.Man this could've been the next big thing.Damn u Besson. He hasnt made a decent movie since this one,well except Taxi maybe but thats about it.
TwwIX is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2003, 04:42 PM   #5
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

If they were committed to a sequel officially wouldn't we know more about it?
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2003, 04:46 AM   #6
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
If they were committed to a sequel officially wouldn't we know more about it?
Because nobody would be less interested in that?

No, it sounds good. But it can not be made after the original script, I think. The Fifth Element has already all good stuff from it, so the new flick must be something completely else with some old "elements."
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 01:36 PM   #7
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Hollywonk

This is my new favourite word.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 01:56 PM   #8
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Using the second half of the script could be good - like in most sequels, the screenwriter just goes, "Oh, eh, I dunno what's gonna happen, I'll just remake it or think up another story but mainly focus on the action scenes so it'll be better than the original".
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2003, 04:09 PM   #9
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Erm ... I'm not enthusiastic about this ...

I LOVE The Fifth Element, but ... erm .. it doesn't need a sequel. At all. The story is over, really. Let's just have a Director's Cut DVD with a thousand and one fascinating extras, cut scenes and a Besson/Jovovich/Willis/Oldman commentary and have done with it.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 06:32 AM   #10
Seta`hr
Recruit Pilot
7 flights since Sep 2003

Besson said to Milla, that he wont ever direct a movie again, after The Messenger. And he didnt.
Seta`hr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2003, 06:21 AM   #11
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous

I LOVE The Fifth Element, but ... erm .. it doesn't need a sequel. At all. The story is over, really. Let's just have a Director's Cut DVD with a thousand and one fascinating extras, cut scenes and a Besson/Jovovich/Willis/Oldman commentary and have done with it.
You know, that's not actually a bad idea. TFE is in a way a bit like Blade Runner. A "separated" science fiction movie which has its own fans and world. We need that DVD!
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2003, 12:38 PM   #12
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

There are too many things that should be on DVD but aren't. both this and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on R2 - I would pay good money for them, but do they exist? No!
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 12:33 PM   #13
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Prequel maybe, but no sequel please
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 07:24 PM   #14
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Splendiferous

I agree with that, absolutely. I reckon there could be a prequal though..
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 11:24 AM   #15
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Yes. No. Prequel yes, Sequel no. Story's over for another five thousand years. Leeloo is going back to sleep. If there would be a sequel, it would have nothing to do with the original movie. The only way they could have a sequel is if it were about Dallas. That wouldn't be very scifi and neither would the prequel.... But at least there will not be a bad "after" taste to the fifth element if the sequel sucked.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fifth Element, The (1997)