Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

We are not alone. | guide

Closed Thread

Old Dec 20, 1999, 06:09 PM   #1
blah
n/a flights since
Question Re: What does "Third Kind" mean?

I need to know what the third kind means my english teacher made us watch this movie and were not finished with it yet but I need to know what FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD kind means.
Old Jan 28, 2001, 10:57 PM   #2
Evil Kumquat
Pilot
46 flights since Jan 2001
UFO Sighting Hierarchy

A close encounter of the FIRST kind is just a sighting.

For example, if one were to see an unidentified flying object in the night sky, he had a "close encounter of the first kind".

A close encounter of the SECOND kind is where evidence is left behind after a sighting.

If one were to see a ship land, then take off again, finding charred earth, broken grass and strange markings would indicate the individual had a "close encounter of the second kind".

A close encounter of the THIRD kind is where actual physical contact with an extra-terrestrial takes place.

If one were to see a ship land, only to have little grey-skinned guys with big eyes come out and drag him back to the ship, kicking and screaming, and then have a variety of alien devices jammed into various bodily orifices, one would have been said to have had a "close encounter of the third kind".

I hope this clears things up for you.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 09:37 AM   #3
ioni
Pilot
36 flights since Feb 2001
Lightbulb as you wish

Is there a FORTH kind of an encounter?

ioni
Old Feb 27, 2001, 05:24 PM   #4
Evil Kumquat
Pilot
46 flights since Jan 2001
Talking Smart Aleck Remark Coming

Yeah there is.

It involves a paternity suit.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 10:25 PM   #5
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002
Exclamation Re: What does "Third Kind" mean?

I read the book along time ago and it explains the different meanings of each type of encounter within the first couple pages.
Closed Thread

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)