Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Jul 29, 2002, 04:28 AM   #1
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002
Odd thing...

When the day changes in SciFlicks it may cause that you turn to be unregistered user in the middle of writing your post and when you are trying to post again & log in at same time you just stay as unregistered user no matter if you type your user name & password normally or in Swahili or even backwards! This is not nice.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2002, 05:13 PM   #2
Ramses
Administrator
209 flights since Jul 2000
Re: Odd thing...

Hello ThinWLady,

Odd stuff indeed. It may be due to the way the forums handle session security. Or it may be gremlins. It is my opinion that the commercial vBulletin software which powers the SciFlicks SQUAD! has become somewhat buggy lately. I'll see if this bug has been reported yet.

On a side note, we've been thinking about moving towards a home-made forum solution, where we can have more control and features. I've been testing the code for a while to make sure such gremlins won't occur once we make the move. In any case, the forum software change won't happen before next year.
Ramses is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2002, 08:43 PM   #3
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

And to think...we at one time thought we were going lose this special site. We were (professionally speaking) coookooo! I've been here since December. I wonder if Ramses knows who I am. Happy days are here again! Lets have a gay'ol time!
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2002, 04:10 AM   #4
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramses
In any case, the forum software change won't happen before next year.
And this means that we lost all posts that are here now... (?)
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2002, 04:24 AM   #5
Ramses
Administrator

Rest assured, current posts will be transfered over then. No messages will be lost.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 06:56 AM   #6
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

It's fun to post messages that no one answers. If I wanted to be ignored I'll live in real life!
Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:16 AM   #7
Ramses
Administrator

Jacker, I didn't mean to ignore you by replying to TWL's question. If any harm was felt I am sorry. Of course I know who you are. Whenever I come to visit and manage the forums, I also take the necessary time to read some forums and threads and I pay special attention to the messages written by long-time members like youself.

Don't worry about the past or future, Jacker. SciFlicks will not go away anytime soon. In the highly unlikely event that I and Popcorn Studios must depart from the site, I have developed good relations over time with a few... "organisations"... that I'm sure would gladly takeover and maintain the site afloat indefinitely. And no, these are not illegal organisations, before anyone asks...
Old Aug 23, 2002, 05:09 PM   #8
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramses
Jacker, I didn't mean to ignore you by replying to TWL's question. If any harm was felt I am sorry. Of course I know who you are. Whenever I come to visit and manage the forums, I also take the necessary time to read some forums and threads and I pay special attention to the messages written by long-time members like youself.

OH my GOD he's talking about ME!!! Sooo happy! You might even say I'm gay! No harm was actually done Ramses. I just realized that I've never written two words to the administrator of my favorite site on the web. It was almost depressing, but I took me medication and all is good and sedated.
Old Nov 2, 2002, 09:27 AM   #9
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Ramses, definatly does NOT know me!
So Ramses the Administator when you coming back?
I really wanna introduce myself.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2002, 10:57 AM   #10
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob
Ramses, definatly does NOT know me!
So Ramses the Administator when you coming back?
I really wanna introduce myself.

Allright brown noser ease it up. Just kidding.

I was wondering about the change of forum software. Will the site look the same?
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems