Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Last Starfighter, The (1984)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Last Starfighter, The (1984)

He's got one extraordinary chance at the dream of a lifetime. | guide

Old Feb 3, 2001, 05:40 AM   #1
THEROCZ28
Apprentice
1 flights since Feb 2001
Talking Re: Looking for an answer

Can anyone tell me if there is a real standing video game of Starfighter?? If so, who makes it?
THEROCZ28 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2001, 02:32 AM   #2
Unregistered
n/a flights since
No real cabinet... but...

we recreated one for the documentary on the DVD/Laserdisc.

David C. Fein
Sharpline Arts
Old Jun 27, 2001, 02:26 PM   #3
photoweborama
Pilot
37 flights since Jun 2001
Real video game

I don't think there was a real game. I sent an e-mail to Kevin Pike, the special effects coordinator on the movie to confirm this.

I think it was just a TV in a stand up case.

The video games was in the works by Atari but got pulled. The hardware of the day could not run the code. Much too complex is what I heard. I got an e-mail on this from a man that worked on this project for Atari.

There was a cartridge made for the original NES console but I have never seen it.
photoweborama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:09 PM   #4
Morrelle
Recruit Pilot
13 flights since Feb 2003
Re: Looking for an answer

Also, a board game. I should've snagged it back in '93 at a Seattle hobby store.
Morrelle is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2003, 01:51 PM   #5
photoweborama
Pilot
37 flights since Jun 2001
board games

There were two different board games. If you go to my web site you can see pictures of them.

LSF Memorabillia
photoweborama is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2003, 01:38 AM   #6
ForeverKnight
Pilot
34 flights since Jan 2003
Re: Real video game

Quote:
Originally posted by photoweborama
I don't think there was a real game. I sent an e-mail to Kevin Pike, the special effects coordinator on the movie to confirm this.

I think it was just a TV in a stand up case.

The video games was in the works by Atari but got pulled. The hardware of the day could not run the code. Much too complex is what I heard. I got an e-mail on this from a man that worked on this project for Atari.

There was a cartridge made for the original NES console but I have never seen it.

i am gonna search the galaxy for this cartridge then i will have to fix my nes console. no matter what
ForeverKnight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 01:25 PM   #7
photoweborama
n/a flights since
Video game

I might add that when you see the lights flashing in Alex's face, they used Christmas tree lights inside the case.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 11:29 AM   #8
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003
Re: Looking for an answer

There was an arcade game to co-incide with the movie. Apparently it saw a very limited production and I've seen it only once. There was also an Atari or Nintendo game. Cant remember which one though on that.

If I come across the ROM or better data I'll post ASAP.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Last Starfighter, The (1984)