Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick, The (2000, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick, The (2000, 2004) [movie series]

You're not afraid of the dark, are you? | Pitch Black guide

Old Dec 27, 2002, 06:10 PM   #1
Riddick2000
Apprentice
1 flights since Dec 2002
Riddick - Did he kill Fry, or did the creatures kill her?

Hi all!

Question for you, that's been baffling me and I'd like to hear your thoughts:

- At the end of the film when Fry goes to find Riddick and he's all cut up and he grabs her and there's a slashing noise - did he kill her? Or was it one of the beasts that did it?

I ask, because she had just said that she wouldn;t die for him just prior to her death...

Riddick2000
Riddick2000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2002, 06:03 AM   #2
Riddick is back
Pilot
23 flights since Dec 2002
Talking :: smiles::

Yes welcome, and do read the other threads where it was discust, i explaind the killing of Fry, and the reason for Riddick saying "not for me", Fell fre to ask me any questions, nine times out of ten, i know the answer

Peace out
Remmy

Quote:
" We live in the relm of the dying".... Remmy
Riddick is back is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Exclamation Re: Riddick - Did he kill Fry, or did the creatures kill her?

I also thought Riddick killed fry. The reason is, first, how hard is it trying to stay in a group of four when Riddick was able to keep up with a group of five people, while dragging a huge amount of weight with him. He clearly tried to separate himself knowing that Fry would try to come to his rescue, and as Fry was trying to help him out, Riddick stabbed her on the side. From what I saw in the movie, I thought Riddick was a pretty merciless and calculating person, and since Fry said yes when he asked her if she would be willing to give her life for the two other people, Riddick made her pay for her words (Riddick doesn't want his questions to be taken lightly). During the movie, when the audience could know that Fry was getting stabbed by "something," the expression on Riddick's face was pretty calm I thought. I also think that Riddick was faking his injuries so Fry would come, so he could kill her and dispose her alone without other people knowing; Riddick was able to get back to the space ship pretty easily with about a million aliens behind his back, as compared to when Fry found him, he could barely stand up. Well, this is what I thought anyways...Yes, I know, I don't having any argument for the, "not for me," dialogue....I guess you could say that it was in a mocking tone, like, "haha, thought you said you wouldn't die for me biatch." .....
Old Jun 19, 2003, 02:15 PM   #4
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Riddick did NOT kill Fry

Not only was this discussed in another thread, but per the screenplay, the book AND the DVD commentary, it is very clear that Riddick did NOT kill Fry - the creature did and tore her from Riddick's grasp.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 03:32 PM   #5
GySgt Guillen
Pilot
15 flights since Nov 2002
Re: Riddick - Did he kill Fry, or did the creatures kill her?

The creature.
GySgt Guillen is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick, The (2000, 2004) [movie series]