Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

They've saved the best trip for last... But this time they may have gone too far. | guide

Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:27 AM   #1
Tha Warrior
Pilot
26 flights since Feb 2003
Questions about Part 3

This is my first post, but i think its a good point to make.

At the end of 3, marty goes back to 1985 leaving the doc in 1885. But the doc then comes back to see marty. But it is not possible for him to do that, as the technology of 1885 would not allow the doc to build a new time machine out of the train.

What do you guys think???
Tha Warrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:53 AM   #2
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Questions about Part 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Tha Warrior
This is my first post, but i think its a good point to make.

At the end of 3, marty goes back to 1985 leaving the doc in 1885. But the doc then comes back to see marty. But it is not possible for him to do that, as the technology of 1885 would not allow the doc to build a new time machine out of the train.

What do you guys think???
Happy endings are often planned out badly... Maybe he had left a note to himself for the future, so he could send some parts for the train to the past?
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 04:56 AM   #3
Tha Warrior
Pilot
26 flights since Feb 2003

If that is the case then it should have all been explained.

It still doesn't add up.
Tha Warrior is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2003, 11:59 PM   #4
tru2kungfu
Recruit Pilot
12 flights since Jan 2003

Hey, Doc made himself a refridgerator back in 1885. Also, it obviously took him many years to get that train finished because he had Jules and Verne with him. It's not entirely impossible to think that he did that.
tru2kungfu is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2003, 01:18 AM   #5
paradox
Apprentice
1 flights since Feb 2003

Doc used the hover board tecnology that Marty left in 1885 to create the new time machine
paradox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2003, 04:42 AM   #6
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

This should be in the Back To The Future Part III forum.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2003, 04:14 PM   #7
NVES
Pilot
33 flights since Mar 2002
Location: A small laboratory in a secret location somewhere in the Uk
BTTF 3 train explained!!

You know, for years it's been bugging me how Doc managed to fashion a time machine out of the train considering the components necessary to create the high gigawattage. But , one line was all it took!

Thanks for pointing out that the hoverboard was left in 1885 - the board may well be nuclear powered which would help as well as containing some components such as the hover function itself which would allow the train 'flying' capabilities. Even if Doc didn't use these components he could study the principles involved & given time recreate them with 1885 technology.

It's the best theory I've heard anyway...

* Not Very Evil Scientist *
NVES is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 05:12 AM   #8
Mikey1601
Apprentice
1 flights since Dec 2003

hi, i'm mike, i'm new on this forum, i was just wondering, if it took 30 years for doc to make the delorean, and he was alreadyy...what...about 60 in 1985, wouldn't that mean that it would have taken him another 20 - 30 years to build the train....why doesn't he look a day older when he returns at the end of BTTF 3...unless he went to the future to have another facial...or altered the past to hurry up the production..
Mikey1601 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 10:51 AM   #9
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

It's a fantasy. Try using your imagination.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)