Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

They've saved the best trip for last... But this time they may have gone too far. | guide

Old Feb 19, 2003, 08:03 PM   #1
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002
Question Billboards

Does anyone else remember the billboards from when this movie came out? It started with a plain picture of a desert scene, sand, rocks, cactus and tumbleweed. Then a week or two later they added a running horse. Then later they added a few more horses. Then a stagecoach. By this time I was wondering what in the hell they were advertising, because there was still no text to the billboards. Then, a month or so after seeing the first one, they added the Delorean being towed by the horses. It was a great marketing scheme, one of the most clever I've ever seen. I don't really see many movie billboards now, they mostly just advertise car dealerships, or cigarettes or radio stations here.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2003, 08:37 PM   #2
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Billboards

I don't remember that at all, but must agree that it was clever.

I suppose everyone had lost interest by the time the 3rd one was out, as you do at the time...

Hey, maybe this was an American thing, as they normally test the films out there first before they get here, especially back then. Am I right in thinking that it didn't do too well in the box offices? Perhaps they cut the advertisements costs lose and just gave sunny ole England a bog standard poster.

Don't remember that neither though....
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2003, 08:19 PM   #3
UsagiAngie
Starfighter
111 flights since Mar 2003

i agree, good concept....probibly confused the hell out of people, but then when they realized what it was, it probably had a good affect on them...
UsagiAngie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:37 AM   #4
BTTF Fan88
Pilot
27 flights since Jan 2004

You can see these posters at www.zidz.com
BTTF Fan88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 07:55 PM   #5
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

ta for that.
It scared me, as my German is none existent (although not too hard to translate in some areas), but managed to find the tiny click on to translate it to English.
The posters don't look like much cope now, but I guess back then it was in the throws of 'wow'.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 10:58 AM   #6
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

Yeah, excellent marketing strategy
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Back to the Future [movie series] > Back to the Future Part III (1990)